Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tpchan85

Coffee / Caffeine?

I was diagnosed about 4 months ago and have been eating gluten free since then. I always loved coffee and caffeine but I've realised it reallly doesn't seem to agree with my digestion. Within about 20 minutes of drinking even a cup of tea I will desperately need to go, I don't mind this but even after pooping the contents of my entire digestive system I will still feel like I need to go for a couple of hours despite nothing being there, aswell as having uncomfortable churning in my stomach. Does anyone else have this reaction to coffee? It sucks because I really love a nice strong cup in the morning. Will I be able to tolerate it in the future after healing has happened maybe?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I never had an issue with coffee or tea, but I bet if you give it up for a while and allow time for healing, you'll get that coffee back!  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Try switching to Decaf...I know, I know...but sometimes it's the caffeine that is the problem and not so much the coffee.  Coffee does have an enema effect so that could be part of your problem.  Are you drinking plain coffee or is it flavored or are you adding anything to the coffee?

Join eNewsletter

I gave up coffee after it gave up on me.  I can drink tea ok now but it took some years for that to happen.  So, maybe you'll get coffee back.  Tea ain't so bad tho. :)

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Join eNewsletter

I drink coffee with no issues, but cannot drink tea, as I get cramps from tea 

gluten free since 11/12  

dairy and soy free since 1/13

chocolate free since 6/14

I miss my chocolate!!!   but I'm not sick anymore, and that's what really matters  :)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ferguston
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts