This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

dlp252 Apprentice
You could ask Donna when her appointment is on Monday. Maybe you're results would be back by then too.

It's Tuesday (15th) at 12:00. I tried to get a 3:00 but they didn't have an hour available and they need an hour appointment for this. :P

I'm gonna call them tomorrow and find out how soon I can get the results. Yes...I am a very impatient girl...with EVERYTHING.

I'm dieing to know too...I got my "receipt" from Igenix today and I ripped that thing open hoping (but really knowing not) that the results would be there, lol. :lol:

See my whole upper body feels like it has a bad sunburn, but it's not sunburned...no redness, no rash, not marks at all. My hair on my neck is driving me crazy and the strap (which is only 1/4 inch wide) from my tank top is enough to send me through the wall.

I wonder what cream they used on you...sounds soothing.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel

I was just wondering a few things about symptoms of this Mercury illness.

Lately I have been flying off the handle real bad, yelling and in a bad mood. Why?

Also when I eat my ear pops and I can hear myself chew. Is this for real or what?

My skin is starting to turn real pale llike yellow, is your skin the same way? And

much more muscle twitching on my legs and back usually in the morning. My first appointment

to start with the fillings is this Thursday. I hope I can make it by then. I have much anxiety also, get sleepy as I eat and burn up when I eat. I feel like ugh.! The dentist wants me to take liquid vitamin C 1000mgs but I can even hardly handle 60mg because of my bladder. Did you have to take some sort of VC? My eyes hurt and are always red. Headaches are starting. Take me out back and shot me!!!

Oh I forgot that sulfur somewhat acts like a chelator so should I be eating eggs or will they pull the mercury from my teeth??

Lisa....

I've had all the symptoms you listed. Even now if I get too many toxins in me I get really pale and my hands and face look a little "yellowish" to me. I think its probably because of the liver. I know my skin color looked AWFUL when I drank alcohol. I havent touched it for more than 2 years now.

I got the ear popping too...I think its from food sensitivities. Mercury and candida = lots of food and environmental sensitivities. Alot of the symptoms will come from those "allergies" and also from toxins produced by candida. Yeast produces alcohol...so that in itself puts a big burden on your liver.

Same thing with the mood swings/anger/yelling etc....its too many toxins circulating through your system...it affects your brain. My mom didnt understand how I could be in a good mood one minute and totally fly off the handle within seconds....usually after eating or smelling a chemical. My Dr. had to explain to her that its not my fault but these chemicals and other toxins are circulating through my body and they have a direct impact on my brain.

I wonder if they can give you Vitamin C through IV or shot...I thought thats what they normally did before amalgam removal. I would talk to the Dr. and dentist and let them know your concerns about reactions and possibly worsening your bladder problem.

I would not mess with sulfur foods right now....they only mobilize mercury and by themselves they cannot remove mercury from your body.

I wouldnt try to do anything to move the mercury around right now. Wait till your Dr. advises you. I know its rough right now...hang in there and definately let your Dr. and dentist know all your concerns and all of your symptoms.

You can make it till Thursday...I know you can. ;)

Talk to the dentist about everything as much as you possibly can. I find I always feel better about things if I can ask alot of questions and get some good answers as far as what to expect.

I'll say some prayers for you. :)

tabasco32 Apprentice

Thank you Rachel, I appreciate it.:)

sickofit Newbie
Well I've been struggling for quite some time now. It doesnt matter what I eliminate I'm still sick. Its like it HAS to be something that is constantly in my system because I havent had a single symtom-free day for over 3 years now. Even when I limit myself to 2 safe foods I'm still having symptoms so basically nothing has worked. All meds or supplements have worsened my symptoms. All gluten-free packaged foods bother me. I toatlly eliminated casein and still have problems. It was only one supplement I was taking that had milk in it so I stopped taking it...felt better...started eating more foods and totally symptomatic again.

I was eating Enjoy Life chocolate chips with no problems..also did some baking...no problems. I had one cake mix with all safe ingredients and reacted. The mix only had like 4 ingredients and I tolerate all of them...the only questionable ingredient is Xanthan gum. Its also in every gluten-free product I've reacted to and also rice milks and almond milks and a ton of other stuff I cant have. I found out its from CORN. I never thought about corn...but its in everything. Even when I'm only eating meat and veggies (no corn) I'm still having corn everyday in my thyroid meds and any supplements or vitamins I've ever taken most likely have corn.

Pre gluten-free I never ate much candy or sweets....my favorite snacks were popcorn and Tostitos. These were also the first foods I started avoiding long before I ever heard of gluten because the next day I always had a swollen face and a migraine. I had thought it was from the salt or something. I thought everything was thyroid related since I had Graves so I started avoiding all salt.

I did some research on corn and its in pretty much everything...seems more difficult to avoid then both gluten and dairy. Today at work (I work in a grocery store) I started reading all the labels of the foods I used to eat before I got sick. They ALL have corn. Its in bread, soups, microwave dinners, yogurts, cheese (why is corn in cheese?). Anyways, I've never been corn-free because of my thyroid meds and lots of other things I've tried over the last year. I had posted about getting "glutened" by all the gluten-free cereals. Well they are all corn based....DUH. I dont know why I never thought of this since everything I've had problems with have some form of corn in them.

I really need to eliminate the corn to see if I get better but dont know how I can do this when I need to take thyroid pills everyday. What do people do in a situation like this? What if I'm intolerant to corn all this time and its in the medication I need to take?

The other big question is am I really intolerant to gluten and dairy? If I get better off corn I dont know what to think about that. All the foods that have gluten also have corn so I would likely have to stay off gluten anyways....hmmm...does pizza have corn in it? :huh:

Also yogurt and ice cream really mess me up but they also have corn. There ARE some brands and flavors that dont have corn so I would LOVE to not have a problem with dairy!!

I would rather be intolerant to corn and gluten both than have to give up dairy for good.

Does anyone have a corn intolerance? Could I have just developed this out of nowhere and NOT have gluten intolerance...or is it more likely that gluten caused this to happen in the first place? I'm actually hoping I'm corn intolerant cuz as hard as it seems I've been struggling a long time now. The symptoms I've gotten from the stuff I've eaten with xanthan gum are severe....also I had powdered sugar yesterday and had another severe reaction. I have no reaction to cane sugar but when I looked at the ingred. of the powdered stuff its cane suger AND corn starch! Right now I feel exactly like I felt before I ever went gluten-free...everything hurts. :( This would explain why I dont do well with anything processed or with any supplements or vitamins or medications.

I dont see too many people here with corn problems but hopefully someone has some advice about the thyroid meds??

sickofit Newbie

I have not been able to get well either, finally borrowed some money (I am retired and no longer have any health insurance) and went to a Naturopath who tested my blood for food intolerances. Everything I ate often I was sensitive too, and of course, when you eliminate gluten, you eat a lot of corn. I got very sick from corn as I did not realize that even baking powder has corn starch, and alot of the vitamins, and like you said, medicine. I can tolerate corn if I do a rotation diet, but had to eliminate everything that I ate often for at least 3 weeks to get it out of my system and then start the rotation diet. Right now I'm sick from soy and last week it was too many milk products. Eating something once every 4th day is very hard for me and of course you have to write down everything that goes into your mouth! I do it for a few days and get sick of it. There is an old book called "If it's Tuesday it must be chicken" , that explains how to do it and other newer books but it is still very hard. You need to ask the doctor if there is any other medicine without corn that you can take for a while to get it out of your system.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Why did they take so many vials...are they doing something besides the CD57? Hum, maybe most of the ones I had drawn were for that, lol. :lol:

It wasnt just for CD57....he ordered liver and kidney tests as well. I had a ton of liver and kidney testing while I was still with Kaiser but its been a couple years now so Dr. S. wanted to make sure everythings still ok.

The new girl definately was NEW. I think I might have actually been her FIRST blood draw. :blink:

The nurse was right there and observing very closely. The nurse let her do the tourniquet and to find my vein but she slso checked the vein herself to make sure....and luckily she took over right when the girl missed.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rachel,

I am glad you explained why IgeniX is the best way to go for Lyme. I think it is important people know that testing for antibodies alone is not enough. So many of us get doctors who do not believe in the proper protocol. I see my doctor next month. I need to see if she is Lyme literate, or knows a doctor who is.

It is a real bummer about getting a newbie nurse. I got unlucky enough to get one or two of those for blood draws. I had some that were terrible! I thought "Do I look like a freakin' Voodoo doll to you, lady?" :blink: I had to be catherized up at IU Med when I had all of those invasive procedures done years back.

They ended up hitting something, and giving me a really bad bladder infection! By the time I got home, I had to catherize myself. Plus, by the next day, I was in so much pain, and it was just blood, not urine coming out when I was able to go without catherization. So, the Monday after I returned, I had to go to the doctor to get an antibiotics to fix that. :angry: Luckily, cranberry juice works wonders! ;)

Did you know paramedics practice catherization and other procedures on dummies? Nurses don't, they don't practice on dummies, you are the dummy! Now, what is wrong with this picture? In fact, nurses do not have the education paramedics do! Yet, they get paid so much more! :o

Dear Andrea,

Thank you for the compliments! It is hard to believe I was ever actually that blonde! :lol:

My hair darkened quite a bit by the time I was a teen. This is so odd. Don't you wonder why things do that?

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator
You need to ask the doctor if there is any other medicine without corn that you can take for a while to get it out of your system.

Hi...

I actually dont have a problem with corn itself...its more of an issue with mold. My original post in this thread is actually over a year old so I've discovered quite a bit since then. This thread has been ongoing and many of us have been diagnosed and are currently being treated for things like Lyme, Mercury, candida, etc.

Most of us have severe food intolerance due to these other issues.

Feel free to stick around.... we discuss everything here....from food restrictions...to Dr. visits...to Lyme...to mold...to Autism...to mercury...and pretty much anything else that pops up. :)

We're also just plain goofy at times. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Just popping in to say hello to all. Hope that everyones' week started off wonderfully.

Any appt's this week? I think Bev is having her blood drawn. Patti, when is yours?

Hi Laura. :)

I dont have any appt.'s this week except for my blood draw which is now out of the way..and BioSET.....but thats every week. So nothing exciting for me coming up just yet.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Patti......WOO-HOO....we have a celebrity in the house!! :lol:

Totally adorable pic. :)

Jin...you too...very cute. :)

AndreaB Contributor
Pretty amazing Andrea!!! Not sure how you can keep everyone straight. :P

Sometimes I don't keep them straight very well. I asked recently when they were so I remembered. See I got your date right but didn't look at the calendar and for some reason thought the 15th was on Monday. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I will definately have to read more and post what I find "Rachel style" ... that just may become a new Rachelville vocabulary word!

:lol::lol: "Rachel Style"....does that mean super long post...with no less than 30 small paragraphs?? :lol:

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rachel,

Thanks! This pic was taken in 1988 I think. We did all kinds of fun stuff in Kindergarten. We went caroling at Christmas that year. We also had a play. I got to wear a white dress with a blue sash.

I remember the girl I was replacing had to go to St. Jude. I hope she ended up alright.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

CarlaB Enthusiast
:lol::lol: "Rachel Style"....does that mean super long post...with no less than 30 small paragraphs?? :lol:

Yes, but also including interesting quotes from articles so people don't have to go read the whole article! :P I usually just link the whole article.

I'm going to call my doctor today. My injection site is still bruised and sore. It hurts when I roll over on it at night. I don't see how it will be healed enough to get another one there on Sunday, and I'm not sure I want to get the other side to be feeling this bad tomorrow. I don't really think it's supposed to hurt for days, is it?

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi everyone,

Too foggy to do quotes, but I finally finished reading everything.

Rachel, thanks for the additional info--this all really makes sense. Your dog, Bear is so sweet looking--it looks like he's smiling. :) Make sure you drink more than usual to make up for the sunburn! ;)

Andrea, You are truly amazing the way you remember all of the appointments. Seems like there are even more of them than normal lately. I usually avoid the sun because I'm very sensitive to it--and also to hot weather. I do think it's a good idea to get some, though. I'm going to make an effort to get out there before the hotter afternoon sun--sunscreen only on face (of course :P )

Jin, you look so cute in your kindergarten picture! I was surprised at how blonde you hair was!

Carla, I'm really glad you are planning to check with your doctor about the injection site. Seems like it's gone on too long.

Laura, nice to see you! :D Big hello to everyone else :)

I've been sick for several days now--at first I thought it was due to my allergies, but I had upper stomach/indigestion at first, and last night had D. This morning woke up with nausea, but D seems to be gone--for now, anyway. Ugh :(

I also have aches in my arm and leg muscles--just generally blah....

Oh--thanks for all of the nice comments about my picture. I was probably a little over a year old at the time. I was afraid it wouldn't scan--since it's so old and yellowed.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Patti, I hope you're feeling better soon! Do you think it's a bug?

I've been reading on Lymnet about the bicillin injections. I'm just not willing to do this. I'm not going to deal with it. I can handle a temporary hurt when I get the shot and even for a little while afterward, even if it was ONE day afterward, but it's not worth it to me to keep getting them and hurting for days afterward. I started feeling better without them! It would be different if I still felt as bad as I did.

Some people speculated that thin people might have more trouble. Also, I'm wondering if the fact that I lift weights makes it harder to absorb? I'm thinking the bruising is because of the babs because I always have lots of bruises.

I just can't bring myself to have the second one done.

jerseyangel Proficient

Carla--

Is it possible to go back on the oral instead of the shot? Of course, that would be trading one set of side effects for another....

I don't blame you at all for not wanting to continue with the shots.

It could be a bug--sometimes it's just hard to tell.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Patti, I'm going to ask about that. It's not like my GI problems are that much better off the Omnicef. I've always had bad GI issues. I'd rather get tested for C Diff monthly and be on the Omnicef than deal with these shots.

They said they didn't want me on the Omnicef and the other oral alternative wasn't as effective as the shots or Omnicef.

I'm USED to D ... it just doesn't bother me that much and it wasn't that bad.

AndreaB Contributor
I've been sick for several days now--at first I thought it was due to my allergies, but I had upper stomach/indigestion at first, and last night had D. This morning woke up with nausea, but D seems to be gone--for now, anyway. Ugh :(

I also have aches in my arm and leg muscles--just generally blah....

I hope you feel better real soon Patti. :(

I can't blame you. :( Let us know what your doctor says.

Bev posted on D/S that her appointment is tomorrow for the blood draw and that her endoscopy is

Friday. She's been swamped with company so I hope we see her over here after things calm down.

jerseyangel Proficient

Thanks, Andrea :D

Ok, I think I've been glutened! :o Bear with me.... :P Remember a couple weeks ago when I thought the San Pelligrino water made me sick? At the time, it was the only thing I suspected.

Well, yesterday after lunch, I had an Envirokidz bar. I normally don't even eat them at home--I buy them to have something convenient in my purse. Anyway, I remembered that the day I had the sparkling water, I had an Envirokidz bar with it--the first one from a new box (I remember opening it and throwing one in my bag before we left the house).

So, FF to yesterday--I had only the 2nd bar from that box, and got sick last night. It does feel like gluten, I just didn't consider it because I'm so careful. (Obviously not careful enough :lol: ) And the fact that my seasonal allergies have been acting up, too.

I emailed the company this morning--and the bars are not made separately. They have the usual "cleaning practices, etc.", but for some reason I thought they were made on dedicated equipment..... :unsure:

I generally find that I react to things made in the smaller, specialty-type companies. I use so few prodicts like this that I think it had to be the bars. Quite possibly I got a box made right after a run of something with gluten. :angry:

The real test would be to re-try some of the SP water--I may do that once I feel better. Maybe :lol:

AndreaB Contributor
I emailed the company this morning--and the bars are not made separately. They have the usual "cleaning practices, etc.", but for some reason I thought they were made on dedicated equipment..... :unsure:

:angry: I'm sorry Patti. :( I would suspect those over the water too.

dlp252 Apprentice
It wasnt just for CD57....he ordered liver and kidney tests as well. I had a ton of liver and kidney testing while I was still with Kaiser but its been a couple years now so Dr. S. wanted to make sure everythings still ok.

The new girl definately was NEW. I think I might have actually been her FIRST blood draw. :blink:

The nurse was right there and observing very closely. The nurse let her do the tourniquet and to find my vein but she slso checked the vein herself to make sure....and luckily she took over right when the girl missed.

I think I'm glad I didn't get a new, new girl :lol:

Okay, that makes sense now with so many vials...I just couldn't imagine that many for just the CD57, :P

I'm going to call my doctor today. My injection site is still bruised and sore. It hurts when I roll over on it at night. I don't see how it will be healed enough to get another one there on Sunday, and I'm not sure I want to get the other side to be feeling this bad tomorrow. I don't really think it's supposed to hurt for days, is it?

It's been a long time. I have one spot from my trigger point injections last week...it started out just a pin sized bruise and stayed that way for a couple of days, then started getting bigger and bigger--every day a bit bigger. I've been debating whether to go to see the doctor about it...I think its probably just a blood vessel gone wrong, but I go in tomorrow for my regular adjustment/PT session so I think I'll see if the doc can take a quick look.

Andrea, You are truly amazing the way you remember all of the appointments. Seems like there are even more of them than normal lately. I usually avoid the sun because I'm very sensitive to it--and also to hot weather. I do think it's a good idea to get some, though. I'm going to make an effort to get out there before the hotter afternoon sun--sunscreen only on face (of course :P )

The heat really bothers me, but I love the sun. If it's not hot outside I can do more sunlight. The heat does some strange things to me sometimes.

Ok, I think I've been glutened!

OH NO! I hope not!

jerseyangel Proficient
:angry: I'm sorry Patti. :( I would suspect those over the water too.

Yea--it really does make more sense. The water is supposed to be spring water with CO2 added for carbonation. It should not be a problem.

I have one spot from my trigger point injections last week...it started out just a pin sized bruise and stayed that way for a couple of days, then started getting bigger and bigger--every day a bit bigger. I've been debating whether to go to see the doctor about it...I think its probably just a blood vessel gone wrong, but I go in tomorrow for my regular adjustment/PT session so I think I'll see if the doc can take a quick look.

The heat really bothers me, but I love the sun. If it's not hot outside I can do more sunlight. The heat does some strange things to me sometimes.

Yes--definately have the doctor take a look. Can't hurt, since you'll be there anyway ;)

I can take some sun if it's not too hot--but the 2 of them together--not good :P

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Patti,

I could not believe I was ever naturally that blonde, either! :lol: It darkened quite a bit by my teens. I am sorry to hear you got glutened. I was violently ill on Friday. I got glutened from candy that turns out was not made on dedicated lines, but had no warning about wheat on the package! :(:angry: They warned about milk, soy, and nuts. That was it! They e-mailed me saying that they were safe, and that a Celiac at the company eats them with no problem. Apparently she is not as reactive. I actually shook so hard my hands went more numb than usual. It was scary!

Dear Carla,

Ouch! That does sound painful. Seeing the doctor might be a good idea. That injection site could become infected if it is not cared for properly. Some of the needles can really cause problems. Take it easy on that side!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

miamia Rookie
Patti, I hope you're feeling better soon! Do you think it's a bug?

I've been reading on Lymnet about the bicillin injections. I'm just not willing to do this. I'm not going to deal with it. I can handle a temporary hurt when I get the shot and even for a little while afterward, even if it was ONE day afterward, but it's not worth it to me to keep getting them and hurting for days afterward. I started feeling better without them! It would be different if I still felt as bad as I did.

Some people speculated that thin people might have more trouble. Also, I'm wondering if the fact that I lift weights makes it harder to absorb? I'm thinking the bruising is because of the babs because I always have lots of bruises.

CArla-

I had the bicilin shots as well. And while it hurt going in it never lasted that long except twice when my doctor was not as careful. I am so thin so they had to really feel around to find a spot with enough meat to handle it the more careful they were the less it hurt. It should not be as painful as you describe although like I said twice it was very painful for me but only when they were done in a rush

miamia

Archived