This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

tabasco32 Apprentice

Rachel

I was just wondering a few things about symptoms of this Mercury illness.

Lately I have been flying off the handle real bad, yelling and in a bad mood. Why?

Also when I eat my ear pops and I can hear myself chew. Is this for real or what?

My skin is starting to turn real pale llike yellow, is your skin the same way? And

much more muscle twitching on my legs and back usually in the morning. My first appointment

to start with the fillings is this Thursday. I hope I can make it by then. I have much anxiety also, get sleepy as I eat and burn up when I eat. I feel like ugh.! The dentist wants me to take liquid vitamin C 1000mgs but I can even hardly handle 60mg because of my bladder. Did you have to take some sort of VC? My eyes hurt and are always red. Headaches are starting. Take me out back and shot me!!!

Oh I forgot that sulfur somewhat acts like a chelator so should I be eating eggs or will they pull the mercury from my teeth??

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast

I may not be as crazy as I thought. I was thinking about how much the sunshine seemed to have helped me in the past with Lyme symptoms, before I knew it was Lyme. Just fresh air, sunshine daily, exercise, and eating right put this into remission twice.

Here's an article I found. Open Original Shared Link

dlp252 Apprentice

I only read the first couple of paragraphs of that article cuz I have to leave, but see...that's what I was saying yesterday about getting enough sunlight. It affects a lot...I know it can affect sleep patterns and I've known that it supplies vitamin D...now I'm wondering if I shouldn't make it a point to spend a little more time outside more often...I've got all these mystery infections that keep popping up.

I'll read the article more tomorrow...I get at most around 45 minutes of indirect sunlight...that's just from driving in my car, so not quite the same as being outside in full sunlight. My commute home is 30 minutes each day, and if I have appointment it can be around 45 minutes or so.

CarlaB Enthusiast

The windows filter most of the UV rays. I try to spend 15 minutes or so in the sun daily. If I go to the pool in the summer, I spend the first 20 minutes there with no sunscreen to get the effects of the vitamin D. I KNOW I felt better after my son's game! Morgan and I ate lunch outside today to get a little sunshine.

I've always felt it made a difference, but had never researched why. They are finding that Vitamin D boosts the immune system. I will definately have to read more and post what I find "Rachel style" ... that just may become a new Rachelville vocabulary word!

If you think about it, they use lights for jaundiced babies! When my son was born in Florida, and Morgan in CA, they both got a little jaundiced. The doctors told me to put the babies in the direct sunlight naked for a certain time each day to stimulate LIVER function!! Of course, with the babies, it was early morning and late afternoon.

dlp252 Apprentice

I know I felt much better yesterday after my walk and I slept better too...I was out about 35 minutes. I only put sunscreen on my face, my arms and part of my legs were open. Hum, maybe I'll just go sit out in my front step for 15 minutes, lol.

AndreaB Contributor

I've read all sorts of things about how good sunshine is for you. I need to get out more too. We were out for a little bit this morning (actually late morning). We've got to take advantage of the sun when we have it. :P

DingoGirl Enthusiast
We've talked about a lot of things since then! Most of us have either multiple sensitivities, Lyme Disease, mercury toxicity, candida ... am I missing anything?

:huh: ....um, yeah, some of just have ISHH-OOOOOOOOS in general..... :blink:

I am out in the sun all of the time! (Walk the dogs pretty much daily, and working in the yard, with very heavy sunscreen and a hat - - still using the peeling cream on my face, you know!).....I always feel great after several hours of hard work in the sun. :) Well, except for Satuday, after all the sawdust flew into my eyes.....there really is a reason to wear safety goggles when you are sawing off tree limbs on a windy day :blink: ....I think my eyeball is scratched now! But not to worry, last night was pretty miserable but it's much better today.

Happy Monday, everyone. :)

Rachel - Bear is BEAUTIFUL! He looks like Stinker's very first boyfriend, who was also named Bear, God rest his lovely, furry soul. :( (shhhh.....I haven't told her he's gone)

OMG, in other news....I ate Lays' KC Masterpiece Blend barbecue chips yesterday at my brother's - - very weird poop today - - - DID NOT KNOW THEY HAVE MSG IN THEM!!!! :o so no more Lay's. But, I also ate a ton of cherries - - might that have something to do with things? BTW I could eat a thousand cherries.....but I don't think THAT would be good....

:)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor
OMG, in other news....I ate Lays' KC Masterpiece Blend barbecue chips yesterday at my brother's - - very weird poop today - - - DID NOT KNOW THEY HAVE MSG IN THEM!!!! :o so no more Lay's. But, I also ate a ton of cherries - - might that have something to do with things? BTW I could eat a thousand cherries.....but I don't think THAT would be good....

:)

Seems like msg is in a lot of things.

I would think if you ate alot of cherries that that would effect the bowels. :ph34r:

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rachel, Carla, and Donna,

I am sorry you got burned, Rachel! :( I go outside some. Many times, if it is too hot, I will sit in the window and meditate! I think you are onto something Carla! I always seem to feel better when I get some sunshine. I get depressed and sicker on days without it. Last night, I had terrible pain in my hips and legs. It was probably the Fibromyalgia. Rachel--Bear is adorable! :)

Dear Cara,

Thank you for sharing the info about food allergies. I never had IgG testing. I only had the IgE testing done at an allergist's. Those only test for skin reactions, though as you said. I definitely would consider it.

Dear Patti,

You are so cute! How old were you? You probably were less than a year old. Your hair is so curly! That is a great pic!

Dear Rinne,

We can promote each other after we go international! Here is a tip: Do not incorporate. The taxes are much higher. My dad warned me about that. He ended up getting taxed big time because of it. He would not do that again!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

P.S. The pic I downloaded was my kindergarden picture.

dlp252 Apprentice
We've got to take advantage of the sun when we have it. :P

Ha, yes you do, lol!

Oooohh, KC Masterpiece, very bad. Last week in my double bag potatoe chip escapade I also tore open a KC Masterpiece bag and ate ONE chip and realized there had to be something wrong with it....looked at the ingredients and saw MSG and fortunately threw the bag away...had I not looked I would have eaten the whole darned bag and been sick as a dog. :(

Very cute!!! I just tried to load a new picture but my virus checker was downloading some files and the upload of the picture didn't work, so I'm off to do that now.

NoGluGirl Contributor
Ha, yes you do, lol!

Oooohh, KC Masterpiece, very bad. Last week in my double bag potatoe chip escapade I also tore open a KC Masterpiece bag and ate ONE chip and realized there had to be something wrong with it....looked at the ingredients and saw MSG and fortunately threw the bag away...had I not looked I would have eaten the whole darned bag and been sick as a dog. :(

Very cute!!! I just tried to load a new picture but my virus checker was downloading some files and the upload of the picture didn't work, so I'm off to do that now.

Dear Donna,

Thanks for the compliments! I am not sure who took the photo. I think our school usually went with Schmitt photo. Anyway, they had a good background. Kindergarten was so much fun!

The antivirus stuff does slow down your computer. Mine sometimes runs checks while I am in the middle of important things, like school. That is really irritating! These things find the most inopportune times to do that! I do not care what anyone says, these things have minds of their own! :lol:

Sincerely,

Jin

dlp252 Apprentice

Yes, they do have minds of their own, lol. My computer is slow anyway...well, actually it's my connection that's slow, my computer is quite fast, but I'm on a dial up connection and whenever the stupid thing downloads I have to virtually stop working. :P

I have got that burning skin sensation really bad today. I had it nearly every day for two months, then last week it was barely noticable but today, I just want to crawl out of my skin. Stupid whatever it is that causes it. :P

I printed the article that Carla linked to and went outside and read it in the sun. Phew, it's hot here today...Rachel, you must be in heaven today, lol. Actually, she's probably having her blood drawn about now, but then she'll be happy!

NoGluGirl Contributor
Yes, they do have minds of their own, lol. My computer is slow anyway...well, actually it's my connection that's slow, my computer is quite fast, but I'm on a dial up connection and whenever the stupid thing downloads I have to virtually stop working. :P

I have got that burning skin sensation really bad today. I had it nearly every day for two months, then last week it was barely noticable but today, I just want to crawl out of my skin. Stupid whatever it is that causes it. :P

I printed the article that Carla linked to and went outside and read it in the sun. Phew, it's hot here today...Rachel, you must be in heaven today, lol. Actually, she's probably having her blood drawn about now, but then she'll be happy!

Dear Donna,

I am so glad we do not have dial-up! We have a broadband connection. Cable modems are so great! DSL is pretty good, too. My grandfather has that.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

CarlaB Enthusiast
Here is a tip: Do not incorporate. The taxes are much higher.

There are reasons for incorporating. A corporation is a separate entity. For example, if your corporation gets sued and you lose, they can't take anything except what the corporation owns.

There are also various levels/ways of incorporation, like an LLC. It all depends on your business and your personal net worth (what have you got to lose?).

It's definately something to talk to a lawyer about.

NoGluGirl Contributor
There are reasons for incorporating. A corporation is a separate entity. For example, if your corporation gets sued and you lose, they can't take anything except what the corporation owns.

There are also various levels/ways of incorporation, like an LLC. It all depends on your business and your personal net worth (what have you got to lose?).

It's definately something to talk to a lawyer about.

Dear Carla,

I have to say that is very true. Lawsuits can cost you everything. That is the trouble with sole proprietorships. Incorporating is a good idea if you want limited liability. LLCs are more appealing for tax reasons. I suppose it just depends on what you feel is best for you business!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

happygirl Collaborator

Just popping in to say hello to all. Hope that everyones' week started off wonderfully.

Any appt's this week? I think Bev is having her blood drawn. Patti, when is yours?

xoxo

CarlaB Enthusiast

Here's another article about vitamin d, this one's by Dr. Mercola. Open Original Shared Link

I read that the farther away from the equator you go, either north or south, the higher the rates of MS diagnosis. Also, blacks are more likely to get TB and sun exposure helps prevent TB (blacks have more melatonin so produce less Vitamin D from sunlight).

Mercola says that studies have shown that 85% of Americans are deficient in vitamin D. You don't produce Vitamin D if you're wearing too much sunscreen.

It's all interesting! I got my 15 minutes today! :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Phew, it's hot here today...Rachel, you must be in heaven today, lol. Actually, she's probably having her blood drawn about now, but then she'll be happy!

Yup...I got my blood draw. I forgot to ask if Dr. S will call with the results. It was the ONE thing I wanted to make sure I asked before I left. :rolleyes:

My stupid burnt arms caused quite a bit of commotion in the nurses station. :ph34r:

I think everyone there said "OMG" :o ....I guess it must be noticeable.

I only got burnt on my arms and I wore long sleeves all day cuz of working in dairy and all. My arms didnt bother me at all until I got in my car for lunch and the heat just really caused my arms to BURN. Getting in my hot car wasnt too much different from getting into a hot bath with a sunburn. OUCH!! :blink:

So after work I wanted to change because I wasnt about to drive to the Dr.'s in 90 degree weather with long pants and long sleeves. HEINOUS!!

I changed and my arms hurt in the car anyways. :rolleyes:

The nurses were AWESOME!! They obviously noticed my burns right away and instead of using the plastic tourniquet thingy...they got a cloth one and she also put a cool cream on my arms. :)

They were training a new girl and she was gonna be the one drawing my blood!! :o

OMG...I was terrified and my arms already hurt like heck from the burns. She took awhile to pick which arm and she was obviously scared and NOT confident. She told me if she misses she wont continue to poke me...she'll have someone else take over. Ok...that didnt make me feel a whole lot better about things. :huh:

Anyways she did miss but I never felt a thing. She was still trying to move the needle around but the nurse jumped in right away and took over. Everything was fine after that. The new girl just watched....there was like 5 or 6 vials to fill.

The nurse said I'm definately dehydrated from getting sunburnt....she said it also makes my veins smaller. I had a RAGING headache at work today....and I had no idea why?? :huh: I asked her if it was cuz of dehydration....she said that it was...and that I really need to be pumping the water into me because even with alot of water intake I'll still be dehydrated from the burns.

The new girl looked scared just watching! She asked me if I was doing ok...I said "Yeah...I'm fine." The nurse said..."Right now she's not worried about needles or blood...her arms are hurting her more than anything so shes not even thinking about what we're doing!"

Yup...it was true...for once I wasnt even thinking about the vials or the needle or anything...just my freakin arms. :rolleyes:

She didnt want to put tape on my arm cuz of my sunburn so she just had me sit and hold the cottonball. They did my blooddraw in the IV room so I got to be in one of the "comfy" chairs. :)

There was a woman getting IV and I wanted to try to meet her since I never actually MEET anyone... not like Donna and Laura who seem to meet everyone!! :P:lol:

Anyways there was way too much commotion surrounding my sunburnt arms and all the nurses coming over to see.....so I still havent officially "met" anyone...except Scott...the Better Health Guy....and maybe one day I'll meet Donna. :D

So yeah...my arms still hurt....but all the soothing cream they gave me really helped for awhile. :)

Ok...I got some back reading to do. B)

AndreaB Contributor

Cute picture.

Any appt's this week? I think Bev is having her blood drawn. Patti, when is yours?

Patti's is the 11th. I forget when Bev's is for the LLMD but the biopsy is Friday I think......maybe it's not this friday though. :unsure:

Donna's appointment for results is the 15th....Carla and Chloe's is the 21st.

I thought someone had an appointment towards the end of the month. :unsure:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Wow, Rachel, when you said you got burned, I didn't realize it was so bad! :o Keep hydrated both with cream or aloe and drinking water.

I am too much of a chicken with needles and bruise too easily ... I would never let someone learn on me! Of course, I'm just talking about taking blood, Morgan will learn to give me a shot in the ....

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I posted this on a different thread but I'll post it here too...in case anyone is curious as to *why* Igenix is the best lab to use for Lyme testing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure that if you get tested its not just by any "standard" lab your neurologist might use.

As previously mentioned all Lyme testing should be done by a lab which specializes in Lyme and has the greatest sensitivity....this would be Igenix.

As it is...Lyme is not easy to diagnose via testing....its still a clinical diagnosis based on symptoms because the tests arent 100% reliable. Igenix is the best available right now. Other labs have less than 60% sensitivity and give a large amount of false negatives.

One Dr.'s remark..

I have had patients covered in ticks or with a classic grossly obvious bulls-eye rash who, months after the rash, when seeking treatment were negative at many labs. Some of these well known labs have dummied down their results and testing because "they were getting too many positives."

The reason Igenix is considered the best is that its the only lab which has 13 proteins tested from 2 important strains representative of international Lyme.

The bacteria modifies itself...changing outer proteins....similar to how we change our clothing every day. The proteins have to be harvested at the lab...other labs do not harvest all these changing outer proteins.....which is one reason for false negatives.

All of these proteins represent specific parts of the bacteria...same way we each have a nose, mouth, ears, etc. Some labs might only be looking for the "nose"....Igenix is looking for 13 parts of Lyme.

Also...In order to be licensed in New York State you are sent clear negative samples and clear positive samples of Lyme proteins in blind tubes. Igenix results have been exceptional and approximately 100% year after year.

This info. came out of a newspaper article I just read today...and this is the reason if you're gonna bother with testing at all...I would recommend doing it with the best thats available as Lyme is a tricky bacteria which does a good job of hiding from the immune system. If antibodies against lyme are not available in the blood.....testing will be negative regardless of how severe the infection and regardless of which lab is running the test...including Igenix.

If the immune system is producing antibodies...Igenix is the best lab to pick these antibodies up as they are easily missed in other labs. Specific antibodies are directed to each part of the bacteria...so if a lab is *only* looking for antibodies against the "nose"....and these antibodies arent found in the blood...you could have a false negative.

Igenix is looking for antibodies against 13 parts of Lyme....increasing your chances of testing positive if indeed the bacteria is present.

AndreaB Contributor
Anyways there was way too much commotion surrounding my sunburnt arms and all the nurses coming over to see.....so I still havent officially "met" anyone...except Scott...the Better Health Guy....and maybe one day I'll meet Donna. :D

So yeah...my arms still hurt....but all the soothing cream they gave me really helped for awhile. :)

You could ask Donna when her appointment is on Monday. Maybe you're results would be back by then too.

Good to hear you were well taken care of with your arms. I've had some bad sunburns and I remember how much they hurt. :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Wow, Rachel, when you said you got burned, I didn't realize it was so bad! :o Keep hydrated both with cream or aloe and drinking water.

Believe it or not I've never even thought about dehydration when I get sunburned. :huh:

I always end up getting burnt working in the yard so you think I would remember to wear sunscreen....but I NEVER do!! :blink:

The good thing is my arms probably wont burn again...I usually just burn once and then I'm ok...even if I forget sunscreen.

About the sun...yeah...it DOES help improve symptoms. I realized this in the first year I was sick. I do WAY better outside and in the sun. I have tons more energy and I just feel better all the way around.

I LOVE summer and I'm WAY more productive as soon as it gets warm and the sun is out. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
You could ask Donna when her appointment is on Monday. Maybe you're results would be back by then too.

I'm gonna call them tomorrow and find out how soon I can get the results. Yes...I am a very impatient girl...with EVERYTHING. :P

dlp252 Apprentice
They were training a new girl and she was gonna be the one drawing my blood!!

OMG...I was terrified and my arms already hurt like heck from the burns. She took awhile to pick which arm and she was obviously scared and NOT confident. She told me if she misses she wont continue to poke me...she'll have someone else take over. Ok...that didnt make me feel a whole lot better about things.

I had a new girl too, I wonder if this one is a different new girl, cuz I'd thinkk by now she'd be more confident. The girl who drew mine actually wasn't new at nursing or drawing blood, just the paperwork and procedures I think. She did a pretty good job although the needle did hurt going in...it wasn't too bad though until she accidentally pulled on the tubing. That hurt a little but it wsa only for an instant. I LOVE those comfy chairs...she said I could recline and get comfy and I did, lol. I even put my feet up over the arm of the chair cuz the whole point was to not pass out and having my feet higher helped. :lol:

Why did they take so many vials...are they doing something besides the CD57? Hum, maybe most of the ones I had drawn were for that, lol. :lol:

Patti's is the 11th. I forget when Bev's is for the LLMD but the biopsy is Friday I think......maybe it's not this friday though.

Donna's appointment for results is the 15th....Carla and Chloe's is the 21st.

I thought someone had an appointment towards the end of the month.

Pretty amazing Andrea!!! Not sure how you can keep everyone straight. :P

Archived