• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Guest nini

Radio Interview

Rate this topic

Guest nini

my new "boss" has a weekly radio show and just interviewed me for Sat. mornings show, it airs Sat. 10 am on 1010 am in the Atlanta area, and at WGUNam.com

hopefully you guys can check it out. it is supposed to air this sat 5/6/06 at 10 am ET.

Guest nini

it's technically not a "new job" I'll be able to use office space in his clinic if I need to see clients in an office setting... we've been friends for about 4 years so this is just a new arrangement...

Nini, that is SOOO cool!! Yes, the streaming from that station seems to work. I went to the link and gave it a go.

Note to other non-IE users: I did have to switch from my default browser, Firefox, to the recommended IE. Worked seamlessly in IE. This is stated on the wgunam.com page, however.

Hey, could someone bump this thread early sat. a.m. so we can just click the link??? That'd be great.

Guest nini
Nini, that is SOOO cool!! Yes, the streaming from that station seems to work. I went to the link and gave it a go.

Note to other non-IE users: I did have to switch from my default browser, Firefox, to the recommended IE. Worked seamlessly in IE. This is stated on the wgunam.com page, however.

Hey, could someone bump this thread early sat. a.m. so we can just click the link??? That'd be great.

I'll try to remember to bump it... my daughter's ballet recital is also that day so I may be a little flustered!

Guest nini
Nisla - make sure and tell them to keep it on the web for a while. Then maybe those of us that can't listen Sat. can hear it later. I'll be disappointed if I don't get to hear it.

I think they just stream... does anyone know how to save a streaming file to mpg3 format???? I know it can be done I just don't know how to do it.

I think they just stream... does anyone know how to save a streaming file to mpg3 format???? I know it can be done I just don't know how to do it.
http://www.download.com/Free-Hi-Q-Recorder...4-10411568.html

I don't have any experience with this particular piece of software, but it looks simple enough and promising for this particular purpose. I'm assuming, Nini, that you're talking, not singing, so the quality issue a few reviewers noted probably would not be as obvious.

Guest nini

bump... I hope you can hear the streaming... or if you are in the Atlanta area, you can get this station in... :D

Guest nini

and of course I'm running Linux with Firefox, do not have another browser, and I can't get the streaming to work...

I also can't get that other program to work because I'm running Linux

I've got the station in on my boom box and the tape recorder set up to record... hopefully that will work!

Guest nini

Thank you so much! I'm glad you got to listen to it! I got it recorded on tape!!! How exciting is this???

Nini, that was awesome!!! About an hour's worth of intelligent discussion on Celiac and gluten intolerance. Woo hoo. Yeah, made me hungry talking about the good foods we have available. btw, what biscuit did you say you like?

Thanks for doing all of us a huge favor :)

Guest nini

the biscuit was the 1-2-3- Gluten Free Southern Glory Biscuit mix! LOL!

Thank you for listening! Thank you for the feedback too...

Nini

There is another radio show thread on here.

is there any way you can do a link...gosh i want to hear it.

If you have a tape, can you make a copy.

I'll pay you all costs and postage if you send me one.

so proud of you

haven't been on line much so missed hearing about it and left the house at 9:00 am and got home at 4:00.

Judy in Philly

Guest nini

Debbie, maybe miss Judy can mail it to you, :D (unless she wants to keep it) if not, let me know and I'll burn you a copy and mail it to ya.

Guest nini

http://www.drjoeesposito.com/radio.html

I just realized that Dr. Joe has the radio shows archived on his website! You can listen to the show that I was in if you scroll down to the 5-6-06 show with me Nisla Whetstone on gluten intolerance and wheat free living... it's wma format and windows media player should be able to play it just fine.

NISLA

LISTENING TO YOUR SHOW AGAIN..IT'S SO GREAT..

YOU DID A FANTASTIC JOB.

SO GLAD YOU PUT THIS BACK UP AGAIN..I'M BUMPING IT UP AGAIN SO MORE WILL SEE IT.

I'M ALSO GOING TO LINK THIS TO DAILY STRENGTH AS THEY FOUND YOU 'NEWBIE KIT SO HELFUL'

YOUR SUCH A WONDERFUL RESOURCE TO US ALL...+...A LIFE STYLE COACH...WE ARE SO BLESSED TO KNOW YOU AND YOUR HAVE YOUR EXPERTICE..

THIS IS AN OUTSTANDING RADIO SHOW...!!!

THE DR. YOU WORK WITH IS AMAZING TOO.

HUGS AND THANKS

JUDY