Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TriticusToxicum

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

All right .. . .. .now for something completely stupid.

I think all-a-yuz know I've been thinking that my brain's working pretty well lately.

So how is it possible I'm going to a party tonight w/ 40+ ppl and it NEVER crossed my mind that there's ZERO chance that none of them will be overly perfumed or cologned???

GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

And probably some wonderfully fragrant holiday candles too! :ph34r:

Mom brought it up on the ph a bit ago. I called Mei, and even SHE had already thought of it!!!

But I didn't .. . <which emoticon best conveys looking stoooooooooo-pid?>

And it turns out both of my suitcoats have problems, but John's close enough to my size and already offered. Hmmmm do I even still have a shirt that'll work?

I think I got rid of them when for too many yrs it appeared I'd never get well. :(

Oh, here's a curious thought that appeared as some sort of cross between a memory and a premonition.

Many years ago, in Chicago, I went to a Christmas party where I was set up by my fav cousin on a not-so-blind date. I'd met the woman briefly before.

AT the party, I met someone else and we were together for maybe a yr & a half. Great fun we had.

(here's a chuckle - her brother ended up living in Fremont CA, while I did, and I saw his name & pic in the newspaper as he was the President of the Bay Area Underwater Hockey Assoc!!! Yes! It's a real sport!!)

Anyway, I can't NOT go to the party in ph34r of fumes when I may meet someone else who isn't eating!! :lol:

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

All right .. . .. .now for something completely stupid.

I think all-a-yuz know I've been thinking that my brain's working pretty well lately.

So how is it possible I'm going to a party tonight w/ 40+ ppl and it NEVER crossed my mind that there's ZERO chance that none of them will be overly perfumed or cologned???

GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

And probably some wonderfully fragrant holiday candles too! :ph34r:

Stay close to an open door, window, balconey! If all else fails, try one of these.

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

Sillies I could have used you guys this afternoon. I was at Walmart and the people were so annoying and crowded.No parking....crying kids, angry parents....blah blah...

I was secret santa shopping for my coworker.....everything she asked for (we ask for 3 things) was not in the store....so I think I am just going to do a Kohl's gift card.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Oh ROFL! Here's the latest PM I just got stemming from "p.s. it's Celiac, not Ceiacs"

And it includes ANOTHER language peeve of mine. "One's" is not POSSESIVE!! It's PLURAL!!!!!

So does that person type incorrectly or are they trying to make a joke?

36_22_10[1].gif

Oh ROFL! Here's the latest PM I just got stemming from "p.s. it's Celiac, not Ceiacs"

And it includes ANOTHER language peeve of mine. "One's" is not POSSESIVE!! It's PLURAL!!!!!

Wow, them's fightin' words...and from a child-like, grammar-challenged simpleton. Male or female, would you say, Tom?...Out of curiosity...

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

And have you resisted PM'ing them back to correct them? See that's the kind of thing that get's me in trouble . . .

Hey is PM'ing right? Should it be PMing? PM-ing? PM*ing? PM#ing? . . . Go ahead . . . you can tell meeeee! :lol::lol:

Janet

animal0028.gif

Amanda - definitely not a joke, but adjacent-letter typos simply MUST always be excused.

Particularly when one is typing w/ panties in perturbance.

Wow, them's fightin' words...and from a child-like, grammar-challenged simpleton. Male or female, would you say, Tom?...Out of curiosity...

I don't think I'm allowed to say.

I've been told that any quoting of PMs is highly discouraged, even when the actual privacy is maintained, identity-wise.

Gah!! Too much to catch up on and reply to again and I need to shower and begone!!

:ph34r: actually getting nervous! :o

But didn't the other times I've seen Mei lately. It may be the premonition. Maybe a cute lil gluten-free Filipina awaits!! :lol:

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

A friend of mine met his (now) wife at a party . . . where she was the date of someone else.

Also, if you have to . . . just hold your breath and then make mad dashes outside to breathe. I'm sure no one will notice that :huh: peculiar behavioUr.

Have Fun!

Janet

animal0028.gif

Have a great time tonight, Tom. Nervous is good...shows a healthy interest in life. Trying to think of something you could wear that would help with fragrance sensitivity...the clothespin is wise, but painful.

Hmmm....how about this?

http://www.meatheadshockey.ca/documents/cone_of_silence2.jpg

Your respiration would be completely sealed off....however, you'd need a partner to share your space. :lol:

But hey...this unforgettable contraption was for private conversations, not private breathing. You could take it along with you for that sudden, unexpected dialogue which may develop that you may wish to keep private. Great prop for meeting women, as well...

;):lol:

Emily

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

Actually, I'd be willing to stay up if I knew Tom would be updating us every half-hour or so.... :rolleyes:

Emily

Actually, I'd be willing to stay up if I knew Tom would be updating us every half-hour or so.... :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: And look who I see, it's TOM!

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Peter is not missing, but he has been busy...

We own and operate a retail business, and December is our busiest time. I was in the store all day today. I'm at home now, bracing for a major winter storm to arrive. It has been snowing lightly all afternoon, but is expected to become intense within the next two hours, with up to 16 inches of accumulation over the next 24 hours. It had been originally planned that I would again be in the store most of Sunday, but because of the weather I am probably going to take a "snow day." We have an employee who lives within walking distance of the store. He is scheduled to work the full day; I was going to be an extra hand. Well, if we get even half of the predicted snowfall nobody will be venturing out, so he won't be needing any help. An unexpected day off just before Christmas--but reduced revenue for the day. I hope the business simply shifts to after the storm is over.

Emily is in the path of this storm, but it will hit her a few hours after it hits me. All the folks in the US Northeast will also get some of it. I hope everyone is prepared.

I will be looking in over the next while, but will not be as active as I typically have been until after Christmas. In retail, Christmas is big buck$, but long hours.

Carry on, sillies! :o

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

I am in the storm path!!! I have my flashlights ready and matches for the gas stove in case we lose electricity. I have done my laundry and housework so I would be in mid-load if we lost power. We are expecting ice...and ice causes problems.

36_22_10[1].gif

And, Tom, don't forget to put the Sidekick away! No chatting with us tonight!

But but .. . .. . .

I know some of you know that I'm still a smoker so I will occasionally be outside and perhaps have no one to talk to. (Oh grrrr no one w/ which to converse with? Oops blew it!! :o leave the "with" off!)

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

But but .. . .. . .

I know some of you know that I'm still a smoker so I will occasionally be outside and perhaps have no one to talk to. (Oh grrrr no one w/ which to converse with? Oops blew it!! :o leave the "with" off!)

Um, that would be "no one with whom to converse," I suppose. Emily will correct our grammar if needed. :rolleyes:

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

But but .. . .. . .

Tom, you are only allowed to talk to us if you quit smoking ... I didn't know you did that ... you need to stop. :angry:

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Emily is in the path of this storm, but it will hit her a few hours after it hits me.

Good mornin' Peter!

OMG....We've had all the warnings, and so far about 10 of the expected 60 cm (2 feet). That will be a record for a twenty-four hour snowfall, at least around here.

Feel SO bad for Jack, my DS, whose birthday is on Boxing Day, but we've planned a party today with all his little buddies, going to the wave pool, back here for pizza and cake. Well, not venturing on the Queensway to go all the way out to the pool...and who knows how many kids are gonna even show up here? Guess we'll be playing Twister in the basement (maybe just Jack and I....SIGH....)

Um, that would be "no one with whom to converse," I suppose. Emily will correct our grammar if needed. :rolleyes:

Haaa! You guys are getting good. A+...

Uggghhh. Out to shovel the first layer...Carry on, those in warm, sunny climes...

Emily

Feel SO bad for Jack, my DS, whose birthday is on Boxing day, but we've planned a party today with all his little buddies, going to the wave pool, back here for pizza and cake. Well, not venturing on the Queensway to go all the way out to the pool...and who knows how many kids are gonna even show up here? Guess we'll be playing Twister in the basement (maybe just Jack and I....SIGH....)

Awww :(

I do feel a tad sorry for kids whose birthday fall during 'the holiday' season (Hee - hee, I used an Americanism)

My friends little boy's birthday is on New Years day - everyone's partied out!! :( (there is something grammatically wrong about that sentence - but can't work it out....Emily????)

Anywho - twister in the basement (with nips of alcoholic beverages for Mummy's + Daddy's) sounds like good fun :lol:

Uggghhh. Out to shovel the first layer...Carry on, those in warm, sunny climes...

Get shoveling you must! ;)

The mildest of frosts here - cold but sunny

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif