Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest ~jules~

Ice Cream

Guest ~jules~

Can I get some safe gluten free ice cream suggestions? I just realized I haven't had Ice Cream for almost 3 months, and thats just sick and wrong....lol.... :blink: I'm sending hubby to get me some because I'm sick, so I'd like to send him to the store with some suggestions, thanks....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Ben and Jerry's is ok with the exeption of the obvious things...cookie dough, brownie, etc....I hope I caught you in time!

Amy

Diagnosed by biopsy with DH August 2005

Diagnosed with hypo-thyroidism December 2005

Diagnosed by biopsy with Celiac July 2006

Haagen Dazs -- again, watch for the obvious gluten.

Haagen Dazs chocolate sorbet is wonderful and non-dairy, so it may be easier on your tummy.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

I also find most regular ice creams are gluten free. Except the obvious, cakey, cookie dough, brownie filled. I usually have in the house for my fiance (he is an ice cream fiend!) Turkey Hill brand or Edys.. which is Dreyers east of the Rockies.

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

I was told that Breyer's used to be ok but is no longer on the most recent list put out by CSA-but I don't actually own this list myself. Does anyone know? I heard it just changed, like this summer.

This info comes from the Bryer's website FAQ section:

Question

Do you have a list of gluten-free products?

Answer

* Unilever Ice Cream is a member of the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network and the Food Allergy Resource and Research Program.

* We recommend consumers read the label each time before buying our product.

* If gluten is present, it is clearly listed in plain language on the ingredient label (i.e., wheat flour, rye, barley, oats, and malt).

* We do not publish a list of gluten-free flavors.

* We work closely with ingredient and packaging suppliers to verify gluten in all ingredient components including natural flavors, colors, and spices.

* Some flavorings may contain ethyl alcohol. However, because the alcohol is distilled, they would not pose a threat to anyone who is gluten intolerant.

* We apologize for any inconvenience, but it's the best and safest way for you to know.

Hope that helps :)

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

This info comes from the Bryer's website FAQ section:

Question

Do you have a list of gluten-free products?

Answer

* Unilever Ice Cream is a member of the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network and the Food Allergy Resource and Research Program.

* We recommend consumers read the label each time before buying our product.

* If gluten is present, it is clearly listed in plain language on the ingredient label (i.e., wheat flour, rye, barley, oats, and malt).

* We do not publish a list of gluten-free flavors.

* We work closely with ingredient and packaging suppliers to verify gluten in all ingredient components including natural flavors, colors, and spices.

* Some flavorings may contain ethyl alcohol. However, because the alcohol is distilled, they would not pose a threat to anyone who is gluten intolerant.

* We apologize for any inconvenience, but it's the best and safest way for you to know.

Hope that helps

-Jessica

Thanks!!

I love love love Godiva Milk Chocolate Icecream. It is absolutely decadent! love that stuff- yumm :) I think i'll go have some now :)

oh and the godiva cappucino with milk chocolate hearts is divine with Amy's irresistable brownies :) YUMM!!!

Breann :D

wanted to add that i read that Godiva was NOT gluten free- however no obvious gluten containing ingrediants are listed on the label- and it was on this list as safe-

http://homepage.mac.com/sholland/celiac/GFfoodlist.pdf

i am new to the whole gluten free so i could be overlooking something- :)