Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebecca47

Eye Goop ?

Hi everyone

For the last couple of days I have woke up with goo in my left eye. Went to doctor yesterday for check on my iron level. Told her about goop in eye and everything else that was borthering me.

She said goop in eyes probably allergies. Ok, now this am woke up and my eye was so goopy that my eye was stuck shut. When I got it opened it was blurry and it is totally red. still a little blurry.

What do you think. Should I call doctor? :ph34r:

I looked it up on computer and it tells me CONJIVITUS !!

Diagnosed Celiac Sprue Disease August, 02, 2006

Blood test, No Biopsy

IgA off the scale 44 now 3

IgG 56

(tTG) IgA 25 now 2

(tTG) IgG 1 now 1

now border line low iron 10

Gluten Free since August, 02, 2007

Diagnosed with Osteoporosis November 2006

As of Jan 2007 all numbers looking good

As of Feb 2007 no more Pork, having Allergic reactions

Lactose Intolerence

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Pinkeye is going around my community, which you could very well have. Your symptoms also fit colds and allergies, though. I recommend a hot, wet washcloth across both eyes every 3-4 hours. Leave it in place until it is cold. If it doesn't clear up in a couple of days, go back to your doctor.

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

And Pink eye is highly contagious! Make sure that you are the only one that uses that wash cloth and towel, and wash hands often after touching your eye.

It sometimes needs a salve to clear it up, so just keep an eye on it (no pun intended) and go back to the doctor.

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

Thank you. I was thinking in that direction, but I wasn't thinking clearly enough to make a decision.

Half of me says wait like you and then the other half says, no you should call. :o

So i will wait it out for awhile If I can. I am very undecisive today for some reason. aagh !!! :(

Blood test, No Biopsy

IgG 56

(tTG) IgA 25 now 2

(tTG) IgG 1 now 1

Lactose Intolerence

I had this a few months ago. In my case, it was brought on after I got potting soil in my eye while tending to my window boxes.

My doctor gave me an antibiotic eye drop that I took for 10 days.

Definately see the doctor.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Hi everyone I just finished talking to the on call doctor and my docs office and he is calling in a prescription for my eye thinks it could be viral , could be penk eye. So he says I could be contagious.

So as some or all of you said wash hands alot which I do anyway, thanks for all the input.

My eye is still blurry and i can feel the goopin it aaaghhh !!!!!!!!! :(

Blood test, No Biopsy

IgG 56

(tTG) IgA 25 now 2

(tTG) IgG 1 now 1

Lactose Intolerence

Hi everyone I just finished talking to the on call doctor and my docs office and he is calling in a prescription for my eye thinks it could be viral , could be penk eye. So he says I could be contagious.

So as some or all of you said wash hands alot which I do anyway, thanks for all the input.

My eye is still blurry and i can feel the goopin it aaaghhh !!!!!!!!! :(

Good, I'm glad you called. You should be a lot better in a couple of days.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Be sure to throw out your contacts if you're wearing any, and any make-up that you may have worn while contagious. The hardest part for me is not wearing contacts while I have it!!

Ev in Michigan

GFDF since 8/20/05

Negative Bloodwork ~

Dr. encourages me to trust my

"Gut Reaction"

How funny, I love this forum !!!!!

Yesterday, I did make an appointment to see an eye doctor just to make sure I did not have anything wrong, because I have had surgery (lazy eye) and I have been having trouble seeing at night when driving, tails lights and things are worse for me, and I have to squint to see some things. :ph34r:

Oh ya I also use a little magnafier to see baby writing.

So thank you everyone. :lol:

Blood test, No Biopsy

IgG 56

(tTG) IgA 25 now 2

(tTG) IgG 1 now 1

Lactose Intolerence

I agree with seeing the eye doctor about it. They are the ones trained specifically to know what affects the eyes and how, so they would be the best doc to see. My daughter's eye doc treats allergies that affect the eye.

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Also Rebecca, be very careful not to wipe your good eye after you have cleaned the goopy one with the same cloth. That could pass on the infection to your good eye.

Cathy

One other thing it could be....I had this same thing happen three times in a short amount of time. Each time I went to the eye doctor and got prescription drops. Turns out it was my eye makeup--I then realized that I could only use the "expensive," high-quality eye liner and such. I've never had a problem since (and now only use gluten-free eye makeup, too).

That may be not be it, but I thought I would throw it out there just in case--I hope your eye gets better soon!

*Julie*

Gluten free since December 2004

Soy free since June 2005

Dairy free since July 2006

The hardest part for me is not wearing contacts while I have it!!

I think I have the same thing today. It was bothering me all day yesterday and today was all goopy. I will probably see an eye dr Monday if I can get in. I hate not wearing my contacts and going without makeup!!!!! :P

Negative biopsy for celiac 1980

Fibromyalgia 1980

IBS 1980

Interstitial Cystitis 1992

Systemic yeast

Diagnosed w/ Chronic Lyme Disease 2000

Diagnosed w/ Chronic babesia 2000

Tachycardia 2001

Asthma 2005

Have had Lyme and babesia for

about 48 yrs.

Began gluten-free July 19 '06

Native TEXAN living in Missouri

Just one more thing to add.

If you have dogs, cats or horses, etc. They can give you pink eye, and you can give them pink eye. It's interchangeable between human and animal. So, if you have a dog, or cat in the house and you have been petting them etc. they could carry the virus, get the pink eye, or pass it on to anyone else in the house. ... Now ain't that a fun thought :ph34r:

Look after yourself and keep an eye on everyone else :rolleyes:

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

BOY-- THIS MUST BE 'GOOPY' EYE DAY

I CAN'T SEE TO WELL TODAY BUT WITH THE 'EYE GOOP' REALLY HARD.

I'VE BEEN FIGHTING A YEAST 'IN BODY FOLDS' AND WENT TO DERMATOLOGIST AND SHE PRESCRIBED CREAM 2 WEEKS AGO AND IT WORKED.

COULD THIS HAVE MOVED TO MY EYES???? :blink:

JUDY

Judy in Southern CA

Probably not Judy, but your eyes may be allergic to the cream and you may have gotten some in your eye accidentally.

I work for an optomitrist and from my experience working with him, a person should always go to their eye doctor for any problem with their eyes. A family doctor does not have the training or the equipment to be sure what is going on with your eyes. I will always go to the eye doc from now on for my eyes. I have a lot of faith in Dr. Z, he has taken care of my eyes many times. By the way, there is different kinds of conjuntivitus too. There is the contagious one (pink eye), and then there is the allergic type, which you can not give to anyone else.

I need to say this Rebecca. The doctor should never treat you over the phone and prescribe something without seeing your eyes. Your eyes are the windows to your world!

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!