Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueeyedmanda

American Idol Fans?

I know, I am anxious to see what Blake does next week. He seems to be able to pull off any kind of music. I think the following week is when they do their inspirational songs because it is the special show.

Wasn't the scene with the little girl drawing the picture of Simon with boobs cute. I think that was the first time I ever saw him turn red.

Oh my gosh, that was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny!!!!!!!!! That was worth a whole season of Sanjaya!

Sanjaya is more of a joke on that show than anything else. I honestly think that is why people are voting for him. For all the people who think he is cute I wish I saw what they see....maybe its just me.

Nope, it's not just you. I think he's pathetic and not very attractive either. I don't get what the teenage girls could possibly see in him, but whatever. He REALLY needs to shave off that thing on his lip though. That was grossing me out.

I was so happy to see haley go. It was nice it was an hour long last night also. I dont like when elimination night is 30 minutes.

I cant wait for country night. I will have to record next week also. Why do my kids always have to have soccer or spring concerts on a tuesday lol

paula

I wish Phil could grow hair on his head as quickly as Sanjaya grew that facial fluff.

:lol: It's funny too, cuz I actually like that shaved or close cut look on many guys, but I tend to agree with you on this one, lol.

Ok guys, it's Tuesday! What did everyone think?

***SPOILER***

I actually thought Sanjaya was decent again this week. I'd much rather see Chris go before him now. I can't stand Chris' nasal voice. Especially now that I know he's doing it on purpose. Yuck!

You guys know what a huge Blake Lewis fan I am, but this week I thought he totally bombed. I thought it was really bad. My husband disagreed with me and said he thought it was ok, but not great. I could barely listen to it and I normally love Blake. He's by far my favorite.

Melinda! Jordin! WOW!!!

I didn't get to see all of it, but I thought that Melinda was great and Blake wasn't. Phil seemed more at home with this type of music, but I still don't like him. Jordin was the only other one that I thought was any good.

We were at the vet and didn't get to see the begining. I was not too amused last night. It was hard to keep my attention. I am not a big country fan to begin with but I don't think it was that. I have to say Blake was not that great. I do like Jordin. I was in the laundry room for Sanjaya although I did catch the hair.

I think I missed Haley's spunkiness this week. She did liven up the show in a way.

I think next week might be a little more fun.

I thought that Jordin and Melinda were really good. Blake was just OK to me. I normally don't like Phil, but I thought his singing was a bit better than it usually is. I liked LaKisha's song better than the last few weeks, but maybe it's cuz I like the song. I thought that Chris and Sanjaya were terrible!! I think I missed Haley too!

Yep, I'd have to agree with most of the comments so far. Like Jordin, Melinda and even Phil the best. Much prefer Phil without the hats though, lol. It's too scary with the hats.

Just couldn't watch Sanjaya again. His song wasn't as horrible as some weeks, but that hair/scarf thing...wow, lol.

Well I missed most of it. My son had his spring program. I did make it to see melinda and blake. I personally think melinda was terrible. i did not like her at all. I did like blakes, i think he did a good job, not an awesome job, but i liked it. I wish I would seen more, but from many of your post I dont think i missed too much. I think i got to see the best singers in the world lol

paula

LOL! It's so funny the different takes everyone has on it. I guess I'm the odd one out. I really dislike country music, but I enjoyed last night more than any other. It wasn't as boring. I do agree Phil was in his element and did well, but I thought Blake was great and I enjoyed Melinda. I'm sick of Lakisha, she can sing but there is something in her personality that puts me off. Of course I think Sanjaya should go this week, but it will probably be Chris, which works too.

I really dislike country music, but I enjoyed last night more than any other. It wasn't as boring.

I'd have to say ditto here. Not a huge country fan myself, but I also enjoyed this show more than the others recently.

My mom watched and she is an old-time country fan, into Dolly Parton. She really didn't think these songs sounded very country.

I would have liked to hear them sing a Dixie Chicks song.

The new wave of country music really isn't very country anymore. Your mom is right, Amanda. I do have to admit though, I really like country music, both old and new. They all picked relatively un-country country songs, which is fine as most of America probably isn't very into the old style country music.

I really hope if Sanjaya doesn't go home tonight that Chris will. I don't think I can stand watching him one more week. He annoys me. :)

The new wave of country music really isn't very country anymore. Your mom is right, Amanda. I do have to admit though, I really like country music, both old and new. They all picked relatively un-country country songs, which is fine as most of America probably isn't very into the old style country music.

I really hope if Sanjaya doesn't go home tonight that Chris will. I don't think I can stand watching him one more week. He annoys me. :)

Boy do we think alike...one of them better be going home or I am going to find something else to do on Tuesday nights. ;)

I think Lakeisha is going home. I thought this last week, too. I like her. I really liked how Simon scolded Melinda about the cutesy "YOu think I'm GOOD" act. That was a nice thing to have what I've been thinking voiced. Thank you Simon. I just laughed and laughed at Sanjaya. I'm ready for him to go home. He's had a good run. I wouldn't buy an album from any of these singers. I'm not interested in any of their voices.