Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michi8

Enjoy Life Cranapple Crunch Granola

I spent good money on this product, only to find it has the taste and texture of Milkbone dog biscuits (sad to say I know what dog treats taste like...tried them once when I was a kid! :lol: ) This granola was rock hard and awful tasting. I can't understand how Enjoy Life could pass this off as food! Maybe it helps with keeping teeth clean and healthy like Milkbones do. :rolleyes:

Michelle

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

:lol: no kidding

Nadine

mom of 4 great kids - 2 diagnosed with autism and 2 typical kids (thank goodness)

all this started after my hysterectomy in March of 2006

G.F. since Feb 2007

Soy free since April 2007

Blood work was negatvie (after 2 weeks of being on the gluten-free diet)

entrolab results:

Antigliadin 9 (normal <10)

HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 - 0302

HLA-DQB2 Allele 2 - 0502

HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 8,5)

carrying one celiac gene and one gluten intolerant gene

nurse at entrolab figures i caught this early and dont eat gluten anymore

life is like a box of chocolates;sometimes you get stuck with the yukky coconut fillet one

I know exactly what you mean, I bought this same product a few months ago, I could not even swallow it....it tasted like cardboard. I believe it was about $5-$6.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Thanks guys, I planned on buying this cereal! :P

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

My family doesn't mind it but I think the cinnamon crunch is the better of the three.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Guest JennyK
I spent good money on this product, only to find it has the taste and texture of Milkbone dog biscuits (sad to say I know what dog treats taste like...tried them once when I was a kid! :lol: ) This granola was rock hard and awful tasting. I can't understand how Enjoy Life could pass this off as food! Maybe it helps with keeping teeth clean and healthy like Milkbones do. :rolleyes:

Michelle

I'm with you! I bought this product about 2 weeks ago and returned it! I was afraid I'd break a tooth and the granola did not look as yummy as the picture on the box!!! YUCK!!!

Maybe it needs a new name: Crapapple Crunch :lol:

Michelle

I think that is a good idea, that is about what it tasted like. Milk did not do it any justice either.

36_22_10[1].gif

Hillarious. :lol: I'm sitting here eating a bowl of it for the first time while I browse this site. I'm thinking the same thing...I'm going to break a tooth! I thought it would get softer after it soaks in milk, but it really holds up! I'm not going to buy it again.

little_c

If you scrutinize, you won't be glutenized.

It makes a far better dessert topping than an actual cereal.

Ryan

Positive blood work May 06

Positive results with diet change

I love Enjoy Life's cookies (except the No Oats <_< ), and thought about trying this. Now, I think not.... Thanks for saving me the money!

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I love Enjoy Life's cookies (except the No Oats <_< ), and thought about trying this. Now, I think not.... Thanks for saving me the money!

This was the reason I bought the cereal, the cookies were very good. Talk about being totally the opposite!

36_22_10[1].gif

This was the reason I bought the cereal, the cookies were very good. Talk about being totally the opposite!

I know! I could eat a whole box of Snickerdoodles in one sitting :lol:

Patti

the first time i bought this cereal it was actually good (berry crunch) the second time i couldn't figure out what happened and thought i got a stale box. the third time i gave up after one spoonful. :(

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease February 2007

Finally feeling better than ever!

this is funny, i have an un opened box of the very berry in my cubboard so we'll see i guess, if its not good ill mix it in with my hubbies reall granola and hell eat it, i have a box of the no oats cookies and they are foul :huh: i havent figured out what to do with the box yet, strange cause their other stuff is soooo good, oh well live and learn i guess.

Nadine

mom of 4 great kids - 2 diagnosed with autism and 2 typical kids (thank goodness)

all this started after my hysterectomy in March of 2006

G.F. since Feb 2007

Soy free since April 2007

Blood work was negatvie (after 2 weeks of being on the gluten-free diet)

entrolab results:

Antigliadin 9 (normal <10)

HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 - 0302

HLA-DQB2 Allele 2 - 0502

HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 8,5)

carrying one celiac gene and one gluten intolerant gene

nurse at entrolab figures i caught this early and dont eat gluten anymore

life is like a box of chocolates;sometimes you get stuck with the yukky coconut fillet one

It does seem as if the products vary greatly doesn't it. We don't like the no oats cookies either.

On the cereal, we've had some that were softer and some that were harder. I still like the cinnamon crunch the best. My kids eat all the flavors and like it. The last boxes I've bought have been softer.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

We don't like the no oats cookies either.

I about broke a tooth on them <_<

Patti