Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaycee

50 Reasons To Celebrate Being 50

Have just turned the big 50.

There must be at least 50 good reasons to celebrate this milestone.

1 My hair colour matches my age.

2 I don't have to like the music my sons play, but I do like their choices. One likes the Beatles, Pink floyd, and the other likes middle of the road stuff from today.

3 Fashion, what is that?

4 Music as we know it today, started in the 60's. My opinion.

5 Memories of when things were different are sweet and quaint.

6 One drink is enough these days. That is a saving. One piece of cake seems to be enough too.

There must be more, my memory is going. Maybe at 50 we are allowed to forget things?

Cathy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

7. I'm alive :lol:

8. I'm in reasonably good shape :lol:

9. I'm old enough to appreciate what my mother went through :lol:

1. It's allowed to be old-fashioned

2. You're admired for NOT having gray hair (and I don't dye it)

3. You are able to give good advice, because you already made all the mistakes (most, anyway :P )

4. You might have grandchildren! who you don't have to raise and can hand back when they are bad

5. You have the time to pursue some hobbies again that you dropped when raising kids

6. You can take off on a long trip without having to worry about kids

7. You are almost considered cute for being odd (Asperger Syndrome)

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Birthday Cathy,

You bet me to 50 by a couple of weeks!

Let me see....

I love the wisdom that comes with age.

I'm not obsessed with fashion anymore so won't wear spiked heals. itchy lacey underwear, or the "gotta have it" latest fashion craze.

I'm more loving and accepting of people. I used to hate it when people had different opinions then mine and now I love it. I love that we all can be different and get along.

I don't spend hours getting ready in the morning. And I don't have to look good going to the store.

I'm not as fearful as I used to be.

I have more time to relax and enjoy life and what it has to offer.

I practice living in the moment so I've learned to be aware of what's going on all around me and to just lighten the load of worry I used to carry.

I do more reading then watching T.V.

I enjoy other types of music like jazz and instrumentals.

I finally know what to eat!!!! So I'm not so sick anymore. I'm still learning on that one. Kept a food diary for a year and a half now.

Hope you have a wonderful day and wonderful year of entering the 50!!!! I used to think that was soooo old.

Gail

Gluten Free since Jan. 06

Gluten intolerant. DQ 0301 DQ 0602

Lactose intolerant.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CATHY!!!!!

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Thank you for your birthday wishes. I've had an awesome day, with balloons, children singing happy birthday. But I did get confused with a 20c piece with $1 coin. One is silver, one is gold! Welcome to the 50s.

When I was a teenager, thinking about the year 2000, I thought I'll be forty something, and my whole life will be nearly over. I'd be soooo old.

I've now learned how to do cryptic crosswords, it takes me a while. In a few years time I can be like my aunts in their 80's who do them in half an hour.

"I finally know what to eat!!!! So I'm not so sick anymore. I'm still learning on that one. Kept a food diary for a year and a half now."

I agree Gail. Knowing now what to eat, makes life so much easier and more enjoyable. But I think I will still be making mistakes foodwise now and then. I don't think it is anything we can get away with completely, either I make a mistake or someone else makes it for me.

I sat down last night with some nasi goreng, a bottle of wine and some chocolate and really enjoyed it. Feel fine this morning.

Cathy