Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueeyedmanda

Heat Wave!

So I am not sure how the weather is around everyone else, but today in PA it is in the mid 90's but the humidity is pushing it towards 100. I am at work and I have a sweater on, it is always cold in the hospital. I am heading out in a few minutes to soak up some sun. Maybe a tan? :)

How are the temps around you guys?

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

LOL! Well here in London England it is cold, 64 degrees f (18 c), chilly chilly, overcast ,rain rain BLAHHHHH :angry:

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Hot and humid here in Kansas!! My parents have this silly rule about not turning on their AC until their anniversary (June 29th).....because their ac was a wedding gift......sentimental yet insane!!! :P I told them the other day I was going home to my own house and turning on the AC!! I had been staying with them to help get the crops in the field......I just couldn't take it any longer!!! I NEED AC!! I'm a wimp!

-Jessica...the wimp :rolleyes:

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

Hideously hot in Cleveland! The only thing getting me through this is thoughts of the big snowstorm we had in February and the hope for blowing snow again someday in six months. I think I would like to get a summer home in Siberia. The only thing I like about summer is the time off (I'm a teacher). The weather is awful. :angry:

Here in Central California it has cooled down today to the high 90's! It has been in the 100's and last week up to 110. I just about died two weekends ago when my AC went out on Friday night and the repair guy couldn't get the part until Monday AM! Thank God we have a pool in the backyard!

~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

I'm with you Amanda, hot and humid outside in Pa, but frozen solid inside. I have a co-worker who runs around all day and when he comes back to the office cranks up the AC! I don't usally notice how cold I am until I think about it.

I was disapointed in the weather, espically at my parents house for the weekend. It's cold up there!

Dx 3/23/07

Gluten free 3/27/07

Intolerant:

Gluten

MSG

Allergies:

Ragweed

Honeydew

Cantalope

Nickel (jewelry)

Dx'd Lymphocytic Colitis 6/16/08

I am a bad silly-yak!

I'm with you Amanda, hot and humid outside in Pa, but frozen solid inside. I have a co-worker who runs around all day and when he comes back to the office cranks up the AC! I don't usally notice how cold I am until I think about it.

I was disapointed in the weather, espically at my parents house for the weekend. It's cold up there!

It was very cold up there and after that long ride there I could have used the warm weather.

36_22_10[1].gif

It is cold and cloudy in San Diego :blink::angry:

Update on San Diego (about 10 minutes off the coast) - A few hours later, it's a perfect day ... not a cloud in the sky ! 71 or so & awesome !

Update on San Diego (about 10 minutes off the coast) - A few hours later, it's a perfect day ... not a cloud in the sky ! 71 or so & awesome !

Yep, it cleared up :). I take back my earlier post :lol: I do think it's funny (yet sad) that we can now often complain about the weather in sd. It's something different and new I guess LOL

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

Yep, it cleared up :). I take back my earlier post :lol: I do think it's funny (yet sad) that we can now often complain about the weather in sd. It's something different and new I guess LOL

It's a rare day that I complain about the weather in SD. A little May Gray here ... A little June Gloom there...it doesn't get much better than this, in my opinion. Love, love, love it ! B)

It's a rare day that I complain about the weather in SD. A little May Gray here ... A little June Gloom there...it doesn't get much better than this, in my opinion. Love, love, love it ! B)

Maybe I am a weather snob :ph34r::lol: I just remember it being sooooo much better than it is now (full-on beach weather by early March, which lasted until November LOL). Oh well....

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

Hot and humid here in Jersey, too B)

I just came in from a doctor's appointment and, you'll appreciate this Amanda, Wegman's :D , and it's like a furnace out there. The humidity is high and there is no breeze at all. Ugh!

The thermometer in my gazebo says 90, but that's in the shade under a roof.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I have always wanted to go to San Diego and you have just given me one more reason! :) It's 96 with the heat index in NYC.

Hot and humid here in Jersey, too B)

I just came in from a doctor's appointment and, you'll appreciate this Amanda, Wegman's :D , and it's like a furnace out there. The humidity is high and there is no breeze at all. Ugh!

The thermometer in my gazebo says 90, but that's in the shade under a roof.

I do appreciate that :) Our store opens on Sept 16th, I can't wait :):):)

I am coming down to your neck of the woods in 3 weeks, time for our trip to the beach.

36_22_10[1].gif

Here in Texas just a little too rainy, when it is not raining then it is humid, My daughter said the other day it is Summer time it is not suppose to rain, I said well God wants it too.

donna

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 21 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 13 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score <300 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 12 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0501

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 5,5)

You can teach an old dog new tricks!!!

I am venturing out into the oven in 10 minutes, but I am heading to the pool for a bit. I love summer, even if it is hotter than all outside, I would rather that than be bone cold. :)

36_22_10[1].gif

Well the high 90's weather here in my neck of the woods turned into 107. Oh well. I am very glad that it is dry heat though...I've heard bad things about the humidity! I would love some rain though.

~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

We have another hot day in store too, and when we left for work this morning the humidity was already very high!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

We have another hot day in store too, and when we left for work this morning the humidity was already very high!!!

I saw on the news this morning that it will be hot/humid again tomorrow, then the highs Friday and Saturday will be 80. Hope they're right!

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Hot and humid here in Kansas!! My parents have this silly rule about not turning on their AC until their anniversary (June 29th).....because their ac was a wedding gift......sentimental yet insane!!! :P I told them the other day I was going home to my own house and turning on the AC!! I had been staying with them to help get the crops in the field......I just couldn't take it any longer!!! I NEED AC!! I'm a wimp!

-Jessica...the wimp :rolleyes:

LOL!!! It must be ridiculously hot but that is really one of the cutest things ever.

It's really hot and humid in NY. Definately a pony tail day ;)

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

LOL!!! It must be ridiculously hot but that is really one of the cutest things ever.

It's really hot and humid in NY. Definately a pony tail day ;)

Yes, it's cute. However, I tend to forget how cute it is when I'm sitting still, not moving, with a fan on me and am STILL sweating!! ewwwww :D

-Jessica....who is still sitting in her AC even though the temp isn't tooo bad today :rolleyes:

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

Just checked the weather channel to see the current temp...89 but feels like 93. It's only 11 here. B) Who else thinks we should drop what we are doing and go to the beach!!! *raises hand* We will pit stop for some gluten free goodies and enjoy the summer..:)

36_22_10[1].gif

For Texas rain, rain, and more rain, with the high of 89 with more chance of rain. :angry::angry: Flash floods everywhere. I let my daughter play out in the rain first time to ever let her do that and these boys about 12 were riding there cano inflatable boat down the street because I was raining so hard and so fast. The creek or river behind my house was flowing fast and furious, Six flags rides are a little under water because of this same creek or river, and there is no end in sight because there is not any kind of front trying to push it way through either from the north or the Gulf of Mexico. So we will just wait and sit it out hopefully the weather will calm down a little. Sounds like Mother Nature is a little Gluten intolerant :lol::lol: with Texas

donna

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 21 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 13 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score <300 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 12 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0501

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 5,5)

You can teach an old dog new tricks!!!