Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sickchick

Teriyaki Salmon, Garlic-sesame Asparagus & Wasabi Mashed Potatoes

Teriyaki Salmon, Garlic-Sesame Asparagus & Wasabi Mashed Potatoes

I came up with this recipe about 6 years ago! I like to make this when I am having company for dnner...

If you don't care for Salmon, you can certainly use Flank Steak or Chicken Breasts or Fried Tofu even if you are vegetarian :)

for salmon:

4 fresh salmon filets

1/4 c Bragg's Liquid Amino's (or soy sauce)

1/3 c brown sugar

1 garlic clove, pulverized

splash of sesame oil

asparagus:

1 bunch fresh asparagus

sesame oil

1 garlic clove, pulverized

2 tb Bragg's Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)

potaotoes:

5 medium russett potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters

3 tb butter

1/2 cup fat free evaporated milk

1 tb prepared wasabi paste

2 tb Bragg's Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)

Prepare "Teriyaki" sauce

peel & pulverize garlic cloves. (All of them) In a small mixing bowl, combine 1/4 c bragg's (or soy sauce), 1/3 c brown sugar, 1 garlic clove, and splash of sesame oil. Whisk until sugar dissolves completely. Set aside for salmon.

Preheat oven on "broil". Position top rack about 8" from top element.

In a fry (saute) pan place asparagus, filling with 1 1/2" water, heat to boil, then simmer until tender, about 10-15 minutes.

While Asparagus simmers, in a large sauce pot heat water and cook potato chunks to tender, about 12-15 minutes.

When Asparagus is tender, drain water then add sesame oil, garlic & bragg's (or soy sauce) and saute until the skin starts to caramelize, remove from heat and set aside.

Finish off potatoes, drain, add seasonings then smash (or whip with a hand mixer). Set aside.

Using a baking sheet place salmon filet's (or steak, chicken, tofu) with a pastry brush, brush each piece with teriyaki sauce and place under broiler (about 8" from element) and cook, each side about 5 minutes.

On each plate (4) put a pile of potatoes, asparagus (right accross the center) and salmon on the opposite side of the potatoes. Drizzle salmon with remaining Teriyaki sauce and serve.

Yum! Enjoy... :)

im gonna give this a go.

curious about the potatoes.

jdog

:lol: They are creamy and have that "wasabi" bite and they will have a tinge of green from the wasabi! hehhe

let me know what you think of it if you don't mind