Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fiddle-Faddle

Gluten-free Granola Bars At Sam's Club!

I just bought a box, haven't tasted them yet, will report back when I do.

Nature Valley Roasted Nut Crunch (Peanut Crunch flavor, don't know if there are any other flavors)

Ingredients: Peanuts, sunflower seeds, sugar, corn syrup, salt, almond flour

7 grams of protein, 2 grams of fiber!!!

1 box contains 23 bars for $6.88

Woo-HOOOOO!!!!! :)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Those sound VERY good. I miss having granola bars. Thanks for the tip! Do you think they are sold in regular stores (I am not a sam club member)?

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

Join eNewsletter

Yes! Good find!

My daughter is about sick of the Envirokidz bars and she always LOVED PB granola bars!!

Now just gotta find someone with a Sam's membership...

Is there a Sam's Club near you?

I find that their prices are SO much better than our local grocery store, I save ton of $ just buying fish, chicken, ground turkey, produce, canned salmon, even kitty litter at Sam's Club rather than the grocery store.

I added it up when I first joined: I saved the price of membership (I think it's $45 for the year?) by the second time I shopped there. It's also a good place to buy electronics and kitchen stuff (frying pans, restaurant-style plastic glassware, etc). And gas is always 2-3 cents/gallon cheaper there, too.

I actually prefer Costco, but unfortunately, they are 10 miles further away.

NOw, if we could just get them to start carrying Kinnikinnick products....

Join eNewsletter

Is there a Sam's Club near you?

I find that their prices are SO much better than our local grocery store, I save ton of $ just buying fish, chicken, ground turkey, produce, canned salmon, even kitty litter at Sam's Club rather than the grocery store.

I added it up when I first joined: I saved the price of membership (I think it's $45 for the year?) by the second time I shopped there. It's also a good place to buy electronics and kitchen stuff (frying pans, restaurant-style plastic glassware, etc). And gas is always 2-3 cents/gallon cheaper there, too.

I actually prefer Costco, but unfortunately, they are 10 miles further away.

NOw, if we could just get them to start carrying Kinnikinnick products....

We have a Sam's very close (and a Costco, too). We tried the membership thing once and we never could leave there without spending $500 :blink::blink:

I'd love to be able to buy a whole bunch of meat and freeze and not have to buy so much each week at the store.

Join eNewsletter

I'm just curious - I went out to the Nature Valley website and could not find these granola bars? The only nut granola bars that they have contain oats and none have such a simplified ingredient list. Are they specially made for Sam's Club?

Follow-up -- I found them elsewhere and they seem to be just nuts held together by a sugary syrup. They should be tasty - I've tried gluten-free variations like this from other manufacturers. I'm not sure why Nature Valley doesn't have them on their website. Hmmmm....

Join eNewsletter

I'm just curious - I went out to the Nature Valley website and could not find these granola bars? The only nut granola bars that they have contain oats and none have such a simplified ingredient list. Are they specially made for Sam's Club?

I have noticed, especially with General Mills products (of which Nature Valley is one) if it is a newer product or not available everywhere, it isn't always on the Web site. I ran into the same thing with the Dora the Explorer Cinnamon Stars cereal. It isn't on the Web site. I checked the Nature Valley site yesterday and didn't find it either. But, if you Google "Nature Valley Roasted Nut Crunch" you'll get some consumer product reviews.

Join eNewsletter

I found these at wal-mart last night. They are sold in smaller boxes there (which is good because you can try them without a huge box to eat if you do NOT like them ha). They are not bad. I wish they were a little less hard (the syrup they used to hold the nuts together turns into a hard hard glue)ha A good snack to keep in your purse for times when you are starving and food is nowhere in sight.

Just a warning....they have two bars with just nuts (both appear to be gluten-free) and 2 bars with fruit and other things in them as well as the nuts.....the other two are NOT gluten-free. They have crispy rice which has barley malt. Just a heads up incase you just read the allergy warning because the barley is not listed in the allergy warning. :)

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

Join eNewsletter

I picked some up a few weeks ago and these are YUMMMY!!!

I like the almond one best as does my daughter, but hubby likes the peanut kind. I really like this as an alternative to the Environkidz bars. There's only a few ingredients...only the nuts, sunflower seeds, salt, corn syrup, and sugar.

Not overly healthy, but a lot better than some of the alternatives.

The trick with this snack is making sure you get the NUT CRUNCH which has no gluten ingredients and not mistaking it for the "Sweet and Salty" which does contain gluten.

This is a great addition to the gluten-free diet for those who can tolerate nuts and corn syrup!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter