This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gingerbread Cookies?

jkmunchkin

jkmunchkin Rising Star

Does anyone have a recipe for gingerbread cookies? I thought I had found one, but I must not have printed it out and now I can't find it again. I don't think think it was on this site.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cruelshoes Enthusiast
Open Original Shared Link to my favorite gingerbread cookie recipe. It works great!
jkmunchkin Rising Star
Open Original Shared Link to my favorite gingerbread cookie recipe. It works great!

Thanks Coleen. Can I make this using my regular flour mix (I use the one from Annalise Roberts), or does it need to be this flour mix specifically?

cruelshoes Enthusiast

You can definitely try it with the other flour mix, but I haven't tried it personally. My recipe is a modification of a Bette Hagman recipe. Let me know if it works out.

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
Thanks Coleen. Can I make this using my regular flour mix (I use the one from Annalise Roberts), or does it need to be this flour mix specifically?

Annalise Roberts has a fantastic gingerbready-tasting molasses cookie recipe. Or maybe she even calls it gingerbread cookies? It's in her cookbook--do you have it?

jkmunchkin Rising Star
Annalise Roberts has a fantastic gingerbready-tasting molasses cookie recipe. Or maybe she even calls it gingerbread cookies? It's in her cookbook--do you have it?

I love her book. I actually emailed her to find out if she had a gingerbread cookie recipe and she said she has had several requests for this and was maybe going to work on it.

Actually one of the big reasons I want to make the gingerbread cookies is because one of my brother in laws requested I make the coconut cake (from her book ofcourse) for Christmas. It's always a hit so I figure why not; but it's not very Christmasy so I thought I'd make the cookies also. I bought a ton of fun holiday cookie cutters :)

lorka150 Collaborator
Does anyone have a recipe for gingerbread cookies? I thought I had found one, but I must not have printed it out and now I can't find it again. I don't think think it was on this site.

Please excuse me if I'm wrong, but do you have Mission in the Kitchen?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jkmunchkin Rising Star
Please excuse me if I'm wrong, but do you have Mission in the Kitchen?

I do! And I kept meaning to check it to see if it had a recipe for GB cookies, but would always remember at times like this when I'm at work and can't check and I forget by the time I get home. Something tells me there is a recipe in there ;)

lonewolf Collaborator

I use this recipe - modified from Betty Crocker. You can cut it in half pretty easily.

1 cup packed brown sugar

1/3 cup Spectrum Shortening

1 1/2 cups dark molasses

2/3 cup cold water

7 C gluten-free flour mix (Annaleise Roberts mix + xanthan gum would work great)

2 teaspoons baking soda

2 teaspoons ground ginger

1 teaspoon ground allspice

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon ground cloves

1/2 teaspoon salt

1. In large bowl, stir together brown sugar, shortening, molasses and water. Stir in remaining cookie ingredients. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.

2. Heat oven to 350

mftnchn Explorer

Here's the recipe I use. It was originally a gluten flour recipe, which I used for rolling out. It makes thick soft cookies. Here's my adaptation, but I haven't tried rolling it out, just make drop cookies.

Molasses Cookies

Ingredients:

1 C shortening

1 C sugar

1 C molasses

3 beaten eggs

1 C sour milk (I use rice milk with 1 T vinegar in it)

1 T (heaping) soda

3/4 tsp xanthan gum

Spices to suit: 2 tsp ginger, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp cloves

Gluten free Flour to about 5 1/2 C to make a soft dough. ( I use Bette Haagman's original recipe with rice flour, potato starch, and tapioca starch)

1/2-1 C raisins (optional)

Instructions:

Mix. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased pans.

Bake in moderate oven until just done, 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

This tastes great, I can't tell the difference with my original recipe. If too crumbly, you can increase the xanthan gum.

Archived