Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jkmunchkin

Gingerbread Cookies?

Does anyone have a recipe for gingerbread cookies? I thought I had found one, but I must not have printed it out and now I can't find it again. I don't think think it was on this site.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Here is a link to my favorite gingerbread cookie recipe. It works great!

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Here is a link to my favorite gingerbread cookie recipe. It works great!

Thanks Coleen. Can I make this using my regular flour mix (I use the one from Annalise Roberts), or does it need to be this flour mix specifically?

Jillian

Inflamed stomach lining

Tarrytown, NY

You can definitely try it with the other flour mix, but I haven't tried it personally. My recipe is a modification of a Bette Hagman recipe. Let me know if it works out.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks Coleen. Can I make this using my regular flour mix (I use the one from Annalise Roberts), or does it need to be this flour mix specifically?

Annalise Roberts has a fantastic gingerbready-tasting molasses cookie recipe. Or maybe she even calls it gingerbread cookies? It's in her cookbook--do you have it?

Annalise Roberts has a fantastic gingerbready-tasting molasses cookie recipe. Or maybe she even calls it gingerbread cookies? It's in her cookbook--do you have it?

I love her book. I actually emailed her to find out if she had a gingerbread cookie recipe and she said she has had several requests for this and was maybe going to work on it.

Actually one of the big reasons I want to make the gingerbread cookies is because one of my brother in laws requested I make the coconut cake (from her book ofcourse) for Christmas. It's always a hit so I figure why not; but it's not very Christmasy so I thought I'd make the cookies also. I bought a ton of fun holiday cookie cutters :)

Jillian

Inflamed stomach lining

Tarrytown, NY

Does anyone have a recipe for gingerbread cookies? I thought I had found one, but I must not have printed it out and now I can't find it again. I don't think think it was on this site.

Please excuse me if I'm wrong, but do you have Mission in the Kitchen?

Gluten-free, Vegan

Please excuse me if I'm wrong, but do you have Mission in the Kitchen?

I do! And I kept meaning to check it to see if it had a recipe for GB cookies, but would always remember at times like this when I'm at work and can't check and I forget by the time I get home. Something tells me there is a recipe in there ;)

Jillian

Inflamed stomach lining

Tarrytown, NY

I use this recipe - modified from Betty Crocker. You can cut it in half pretty easily.

1 cup packed brown sugar

1/3 cup Spectrum Shortening

1 1/2 cups dark molasses

2/3 cup cold water

7 C gluten-free flour mix (Annaleise Roberts mix + xanthan gum would work great)

2 teaspoons baking soda

2 teaspoons ground ginger

1 teaspoon ground allspice

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon ground cloves

1/2 teaspoon salt

1. In large bowl, stir together brown sugar, shortening, molasses and water. Stir in remaining cookie ingredients. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.

2. Heat oven to 350

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Here's the recipe I use. It was originally a gluten flour recipe, which I used for rolling out. It makes thick soft cookies. Here's my adaptation, but I haven't tried rolling it out, just make drop cookies.

Molasses Cookies

Ingredients:

1 C shortening

1 C sugar

1 C molasses

3 beaten eggs

1 C sour milk (I use rice milk with 1 T vinegar in it)

1 T (heaping) soda

3/4 tsp xanthan gum

Spices to suit: 2 tsp ginger, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp cloves

Gluten free Flour to about 5 1/2 C to make a soft dough. ( I use Bette Haagman's original recipe with rice flour, potato starch, and tapioca starch)

1/2-1 C raisins (optional)

Instructions:

Mix. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased pans.

Bake in moderate oven until just done, 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

This tastes great, I can't tell the difference with my original recipe. If too crumbly, you can increase the xanthan gum.

4/2007 Positive IGA, TTG Enterolab results, with severe malabsorption: Two DQ2 celiac genes--highest possible risk.

gluten-free since 4/22/07; SF since 7/07; 3/08 & 7/08 high sugar levels in stool (i.e. cannot break down carbs) digestive enzymes for carbs didn't help; 7/18/08 started SCD as prescribed by my physician (MD).

10/2000 dx LYME disease; 2008 clinical dx CELIAC; Other: hypothyroid, allergies, dupuytrens, high mercury levels