Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest maybe I have celiac

Allergy Test For Gluten, Wheat, Milk

Guest maybe I have celiac

I just had my RAST blood test results and the doctor indicated that they are normal, i.e. not allergy.

I sitll think I have gluten and casein problems. Is there a reliable test, blood test, for celiac, gluten intolerance and casein intolerance to confirm my suspicions?

I don't want the biopsy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

There is a celiac blood panel that can be run to check for Celiac Disease, and there is a lab called Enterolab that can check for gluten/casein intolerance via a stool test. I don't know of a blood test that will check for casein intolerance though.

I had IgG (delayed reaction) blood testing for many foods and came back positive for casein - the protein in milk, wheat, oats and rice. There is a Celiac panel but you must make sure the doctor orders the complete panel. You can find that info many places - I don't have it handy right now. Enterolab (stool testing) is also available as per previous post.

The endoscopy is not too bad an experience and can give you answers if you have the right doctor perform the procedure and take many, many samples so as not to miss any patchy damage.

Do not stop eating gluten if you plan on pursuing testing. You may skew your results if you stop before testing.

I just had my RAST blood test results and the doctor indicated that they are normal, i.e. not allergy.

I sitll think I have gluten and casein problems. Is there a reliable test, blood test, for celiac, gluten intolerance and casein intolerance to confirm my suspicions?

I don't want the biopsy

That type of testing will not pick up gluten or casein problems as they are intolerances rather than allergies.

You could go with enterolab, ask your doctor for a full celiac panel (knowing that these are not always correct either) or eliminate gluten and casein from your diet and see what happens.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)