This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Musicians

LuvMoosic4life

LuvMoosic4life Collaborator

Any other musicians/artsists out there? I write my own music, wondering if there is anyone else here? :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

darlindeb25 Collaborator

I don't write music, but I love it. I have 2 guitars, and am learning to play them. I found a perfect quote one day:

Music is what feelings sound like!
ravenwoodglass Mentor

I am an artist by nature but not by profession. I love working with stained glass and painting and also enjoy making jewelry and working with textiles. Right now most of my artistic impulses are involved in my gardens and also with my writing. I am working on a childrens book about celiac, don't know if I will ever get it out there anywhere. I am also a published poet but do very little poetry writing nowadays.

What style of music do you write? Do you write the lyrics also?

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

I'm a violinist! :)

I am an artist by nature but not by profession. I love working with stained glass and painting and also enjoy making jewelry and working with textiles. Right now most of my artistic impulses are involved in my gardens and also with my writing. I am working on a childrens book about celiac, don't know if I will ever get it out there anywhere. I am also a published poet but do very little poetry writing nowadays.

What style of music do you write? Do you write the lyrics also?

awesome! I also am a writer and am writing a book (its a fantasy/adventure, kinda like lord of the rings but not as long and drawn out!! :lol: ) I have tons of poetry and also write lyrics to my songs as well as the music. I really dont know how to catorgorize the music, I guess its folk/rock/metal with hints of jazz and celtic???? am I alowed to post my myspace link here? (prob a stupid question lol)

I don't write music, but I love it. I have 2 guitars, and am learning to play them. I found a perfect quote one day:

I totally agree with that qoute! the sad thing is most of the mainstream music out there today is lacking it. BIG TIME

lorka150 Collaborator

I'm a musician (BMus and MMus in progress), but primarily a music researcher. I am an artist for fun - I love to paint.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

flourgirl Apprentice

I used to write music and poetry years ago, have even done some recording (again, long time ago). I play rhythm guitar and love to sing, at one time semi-professionally. I play flute and play at the keyboard. Unfortunately have not been taking much time for any of this for quite a while.....partly because I just don't feel good enough to.

I used to sketch a lot, I quilt, make jewelry, dream catchers, do crafts. Basically I like to do anything creative and love to learn new things. Gardening takes a lot of my time in spring-fall, especially now as we've moved to a new house recently.

There is absolutely nothing in this world like making music with a group of people who "fit" together. Singing in harmonies is as close to heaven as this earth gets!!

spunky Contributor

I majored in music back in college (in the OLDEN days) and have spent my life fiddling around with folksish, balladish, and now more and more old-timeish music. I've made one celiac disease and have performed here and there a little when opportunities came my way...not too much for the past 15 or 20 years, though.

I used to like to pencil sketch, but don't have time... now I do some knitting, crochet, when time allows for that.

Here's music stuff I've been working on/studying recently... I'm getting more and more interested in clawhammer banjo... recently went to West Va. to study with a clawhammer guy... which I never could have done before... I never travelled or left home much because of my gut... now I'm pretty good and I can get out away from home... a NEW thing for me now... at almost 2 1/2 yrs. gluten free...

here's some of that on my youtube page Open Original Shared Link

spunky Contributor

It says above I've made one "celiac disease," what I wrote was that I'd made one recording, and used the initials, i.e., a C followed by a D... and it came out "celiac disease".

I majored in music back in college (in the OLDEN days) and have spent my life fiddling around with folksish, balladish, and now more and more old-timeish music. I've made one celiac disease and have performed here and there a little when opportunities came my way...not too much for the past 15 or 20 years, though.

I used to like to pencil sketch, but don't have time... now I do some knitting, crochet, when time allows for that.

Here's music stuff I've been working on/studying recently... I'm getting more and more interested in clawhammer banjo... recently went to West Va. to study with a clawhammer guy... which I never could have done before... I never travelled or left home much because of my gut... now I'm pretty good and I can get out away from home... a NEW thing for me now... at almost 2 1/2 yrs. gluten free...

here's some of that on my youtube page Open Original Shared Link

awesome! Thats acctually one of my worries, traveling. My goal is to be able to tour and I'm just thinking now, all I need to do is get CC and I will feel horrible for the next gig :(

here's my "one man (girl) band" project :lol:

its my space.com with "/msauers" at the end (it wouldnt let me post the site :(

spunky Contributor

GREAT music! Yes, you should hit the road and go for it!!! As long as you're feeling good by now.

I gotta say, I was pretty nervous the whole time I was away... fearing cc and staying in his little dorm-like cabin... how awful it would be if I got all messed up... embarrassing, interrupting of the whole process, etc. I was scared about that... but I explained it to him before I left that I would be eating ONLY foods I brought myself... brought a big cooler and snacks and stuff and also made a couple of trips to local stores and grabbed a few things... potatoes, tomatoes, etc. I cooked my stuff in his common kitchen, but brought my own pans, forks, spatulas, plates, etc... I'd explained ahead of time about my need to do this so it wouldn't seem strange or hurt anybody's feelings.

Like I said, I did worry the whole time, but it was really the first REAL trip I've taken and nothing bad happened... I was careful about having all my own food and not lettting my food touch anything and not letting anyone else touch my food.

I hope in the future I can get more confident in doing this... I would avoid restaurants on the road, but if you just run to local stores and buy fresh stuff, have a set of pots/pans/plates (camping stuff is light and easy to travel around with) and just be in charge of all of your own food... you should be okay. Don't take any chances... even if you have to be hungry a little while extra... I carried bagged SAFE snacks along in case that happened... but I think it should be something doable.

Archived