Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LuvMoosic4life

Wegmans Rotisserri Chickens

Has anyone that shops at Wegmans ever bought one of the pre-made whole rotisserri chickens? I was just wondering if they are gluten-free because I know most stores add a lot "stuff" to them. I keep meaning to check when I stop there but forget, and the list online doesnt say anything. I wanted to pick one up this week...but I'm thinking it would be too good to be true if they were gluten-free... <_<

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have purchased those chickens before, on the ingredients there were no gluten containing items. I have not had any ill effects either. You could always call them and ask, they are very helpful when you do call.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

If you call 1-800-WEGMANS they will be happy to tell you if these are safe or not. One thing to keep in mind is the CC issue but that said wegmans is very celiac savvy and the rep will most likely be able to tell you if CC is a big concern.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

HOPE YOU STOP IN AND GET ONE AND PLEASE CHECK TO SEE IF THERE IS SOY.......THANKS JUDY

Judy in Southern CA

I stopped in. The chickens do not contain any gluten ingredients, although if you are extremely sensitive dont eat them, there is an allergen warning on the bottom stating that CC may be possible b/c of shared preparation areas, so there is even a chance of soy CC or other allergens ( I cant rememebr exactly what it said). I bought the chicken anyways because I was STARVING. I didnt have any horrible problem, although I did feel a bit gassy....it may have been something I ate that day also...but it wasnt anything like a glutening...

You could minimize any cc by not eating the skin. Of course, that's the best part :P

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.