homemaker

Had Gallbladder Out...

Rate this topic

Well I have been a sick puppy....

Over a week ago I had a spell of vomiting diarrhea with fever for a couple of days...my stomach seemed painful too...I thought it was just a stomach flu...Then a day ago it all happened again. I ended up in the ER for dehydration and they thought it was my gall bladder but they could not do an ultrasound for some reason till yesterday morning...

Well come to find out there was a big gall stone blocking the duct which meant emergency surgery....

The worst thing is the upper back pain and muscle spasms at this point...

I am taking Tylenol 3 with codeine...Generic by TEVA......hopefully it is gluten free...

Is there any connection with Celiac and Gallstones and Gall Bladder?

Just curious...

Homemaker, I hope you feel better soon! What a thing to go through :(

I don't know if there's a connection between the two conditions, but from what I read here it seems that it's not at all unusual for Celiacs to have problems with their gall bladder.

Well I'm going through the same thing here. Started on December 7th. Still going to have some more testing done before having surgery.

Well I'm going through the same thing here. Started on December 7th. Still going to have some more testing done before having surgery.

Good luck with it all--let us know how you do :)

Well I have been a sick puppy....

Over a week ago I had a spell of vomiting diarrhea with fever for a couple of days...my stomach seemed painful too...I thought it was just a stomach flu...Then a day ago it all happened again. I ended up in the ER for dehydration and they thought it was my gall bladder but they could not do an ultrasound for some reason till yesterday morning...

Well come to find out there was a big gall stone blocking the duct which meant emergency surgery....

The worst thing is the upper back pain and muscle spasms at this point...

I am taking Tylenol 3 with codeine...Generic by TEVA......hopefully it is gluten free...

Is there any connection with Celiac and Gallstones and Gall Bladder?

Just curious...

I don't know if there is a connection w/celiac. I just had my gallbladder out sept 2, i was fine all summer then one day i got hit w/pain real bad, sick, dehydrated spent a week in the hospital before they realized it was my gallbladder. I never had any problems before. I didn't have a stone it just stopped working. They did a HIDA scan and my ejection fraction was <10% and it should be > 30%. I hope you feel better real soon, I had a fairly good recovery, just be careful w/the pain meds and constipation, that was the worst. (sorry). Good luck. I hope you have a good / quick recovery.

My gastro doc told me that people who experience a sudden and very large weight loss are prone to GB disease. Some celiac disease patients do have significant periods of weight loss.