NancyL

Awesome Pizza In Austin, Tx

Rate this topic

Ok, there is no sacrificing flavor when you eat a gluton free pizza from Austin's Pizza! OMG, it was SO GOOD! My husband watched them make it, they use their own utensils, own workstation and own cutters to keep from cross contamination. He said they handled the pizza in a completely different area. And the taste.... OH Yeah! It tastes BETTER than flour pizza IMO!

If you live here in the Austin, Texas area, I HIGHLY recommend Austin's Pizza Gluten Free Pizza. I found out about it from a local friend that is allergic to gluten and it is phenomenal (although it costs $5.00 more than a regular pizza).

I know of a good Dallas pizza joint too (for gluten free) if anyone is in need. :P

That's fantastic. I haven't yet had a gluten-free pizza out. What's the Dallas place?

best regards, lm

That's fantastic. I haven't yet had a gluten-free pizza out. What's the Dallas place?

best regards, lm

My friend in Dallas eats http://www.extremepizza.com/. She says it's good but that it goes "soggy" fast. Austin's pizza did NOT go soggy but if it's good, then it's good! I'd miss pizza if I couldn't ever have it.

Yea!! I think we have one right down the road from us. I'll have to give them a try. I've tried Promise, Craigo's and Rome's here in town. All are pretty good, but I heard from several others that Austin's was really good . I may be having pizza tonight!! :D

Yea!! I think we have one right down the road from us. I'll have to give them a try. I've tried Promise, Craigo's and Rome's here in town. All are pretty good, but I heard from several others that Austin's was really good . I may be having pizza tonight!! :D

According to Gluten Free Registry, Gatti's only has the gluten-free pizza at 6 locations. My husband is very sensitive to cross contact, so I have been hesitant to try any. Gatti's has their handling procedures on their website, so we were feeling a little more comfortable about trying it.

http://www.gattispizza.com/pop_glutenFree.php

Do you know about handling procedures at the other places you mentioned?

According to Gluten Free Registry, Gatti's only has the gluten-free pizza at 6 locations. My husband is very sensitive to cross contact, so I have been hesitant to try any. Gatti's has their handling procedures on their website, so we were feeling a little more comfortable about trying it.

http://www.gattispizza.com/pop_glutenFree.php

Do you know about handling procedures at the other places you mentioned?

I know that Promise uses separate pans and utensils for anything gluten-free. They also bake the gluten-free pizzas in a separate oven. They have quite a few gluten-free items on the menu including some desserts. I've eaten at the Round Rock location the most since its close to where I work. Rome's just started offering a gluten-free crust and I believe they use separate pans for the pizza, but I'm not sure of their cc policies. I have had their pizza once so far at the Parmer location and was fine afterward. I usually can tell pretty quickly if there is a problem since my most noticeable symptoms with my celiac are neurological. I would call them to confirm their cc practices. The only time I've had Craigo's was at the Got Guts 5K event. I don't know what their cc practices are, but I did not get sick afterward from their pizza. They are not a conveinent to where we live so that is why I haven't tried them again. I have wanted to try Z-pizza up in Round Rock. Has anyone tried them?