Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poppi

I'm So Happy!

Another related thing that helps me sleep better at night and have less spasoming is to take a hot bath with a couple of handfuls of epsom salts in it. Given I now have out and out salicylic acid sensitivity, for some reason I can't use as much epsom salts as I used to, but boy is it effective for helping me detox now as well as smoothing out my nerves and muscles.

So glad this helps you! :) I soooo badly want to have baths with epsom salts but my pain is too great to get out of the tub (herniated discs and such). But it must feel so very good. :)

So glad this helps you! :) I soooo badly want to have baths with epsom salts but my pain is too great to get out of the tub (herniated discs and such). But it must feel so very good. :)

Sorry to hear you can't get out of the tub these days. Perhaps you can remember this idea and try using it in the future when your body has gotten stronger, eh? You could meanwhile possibly make a foot and leg bath in a smaller deep tub and just dangle your feet and legs in hot water with epsom salts mixed in. Am thinking it might be worth a try?

Totally awesome!! Isn't it amazing what gluten free can do for us??? Rock on girl!!

alas....Me too--I cannot sit in the tub, but if I could, that would feel so great!! Good suggestion for those who can!! :)

Wow Poppi! That's a fantastic achievement.

My aim this year is a couple of days on the mountain skiing. I wasn't much of a skier before dx and going gluten free - perhaps this will be the magic bullet that allows me to do double black diamond runs with ease?? ;)

But seriously - to have put the effort into the healing and to be reaping the rewards you so clearly are reaping - that's magnificent and such an inspiration.

Sorry to hear you can't get out of the tub these days. Perhaps you can remember this idea and try using it in the future when your body has gotten stronger, eh? You could meanwhile possibly make a foot and leg bath in a smaller deep tub and just dangle your feet and legs in hot water with epsom salts mixed in. Am thinking it might be worth a try?

Good idea. I will definitely try it. I used to have frequent baths but have not for about three years now. Thank goodness for showers! :P It is also difficult for me to get in and out of a hot tub, darn it. Bending my back, sitting and prolonged standing really are cruel and unusual punishment for me. :angry:

That's great!! Would you mind sharing the brand name, please!?? The big D is a common complaint for many on here after taking Mag. supps. :unsure:

The magnesium I use is Angstrom Mineral magnesium. http://www.angstrom-mineral.com I use this site for information only. Other sites have better pricing. Here are several paragraphs from their web-site describing the concept: