Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poppi

I'm So Happy!

Another related thing that helps me sleep better at night and have less spasoming is to take a hot bath with a couple of handfuls of epsom salts in it. Given I now have out and out salicylic acid sensitivity, for some reason I can't use as much epsom salts as I used to, but boy is it effective for helping me detox now as well as smoothing out my nerves and muscles.

So glad this helps you! :) I soooo badly want to have baths with epsom salts but my pain is too great to get out of the tub (herniated discs and such). But it must feel so very good. :)

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

So glad this helps you! :) I soooo badly want to have baths with epsom salts but my pain is too great to get out of the tub (herniated discs and such). But it must feel so very good. :)

Sorry to hear you can't get out of the tub these days. Perhaps you can remember this idea and try using it in the future when your body has gotten stronger, eh? You could meanwhile possibly make a foot and leg bath in a smaller deep tub and just dangle your feet and legs in hot water with epsom salts mixed in. Am thinking it might be worth a try?

Diagnosed celiac sprue as infant: failure to thrive & pneumonia-back on grains age 4. Began herbs 1971 combating chronic kidney disease/general ill health 1973. Avoid wheat family and "allergens" by 1980. Late 80's doc. diagnosed candida: cave-man diet. Diagnosed degraded myelin sheath 2006; need co-enzyme B vitamins. Discovered celiac fall 2007; finally told diagnosis as infant. Recently found I am salicylic acid intolerant. Ironically can't tolerate most herbs now. Can now eat brown rice & other gluten-free grains (except corn) & even maple syrup & now homeopathic medicine works! Am still exploring the shape of this elephant but I've made progress!

Totally awesome!! Isn't it amazing what gluten free can do for us??? Rock on girl!!

*Judy
Food allergies to fish, seafood, tree nuts, aspartame(Equal),flax seed, and many drugs RE-TESTED ALL FOOD ALLERGIES IN JUNE 2015 AND THEY ARE ALL NEGATIVE NOW!  TIME TO RE-INTRODUCE FISH AND NUTS!!! 
Stomach issues since childhood
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) age 6-44
Diabetes age 44 to present now going back to Hypoglycemia since gluten free.
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2005 and it's gone now that I'm aspartame and gluten free. c
Celiac disease- negative test in 2009, positive tests in Nov. 2010
Gluten free started 11/08/2010
Genetic tests positive- DQ2, positive -DQ6 (?) negative- DQ8 11/15/2010 

Hyperthyroid 2013 - benign tumors and entire thyroid removed

alas....Me too--I cannot sit in the tub, but if I could, that would feel so great!! Good suggestion for those who can!! :)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Wow Poppi! That's a fantastic achievement.

My aim this year is a couple of days on the mountain skiing. I wasn't much of a skier before dx and going gluten free - perhaps this will be the magic bullet that allows me to do double black diamond runs with ease?? ;)

But seriously - to have put the effort into the healing and to be reaping the rewards you so clearly are reaping - that's magnificent and such an inspiration.

Sorry to hear you can't get out of the tub these days. Perhaps you can remember this idea and try using it in the future when your body has gotten stronger, eh? You could meanwhile possibly make a foot and leg bath in a smaller deep tub and just dangle your feet and legs in hot water with epsom salts mixed in. Am thinking it might be worth a try?

Good idea. I will definitely try it. I used to have frequent baths but have not for about three years now. Thank goodness for showers! :P It is also difficult for me to get in and out of a hot tub, darn it. Bending my back, sitting and prolonged standing really are cruel and unusual punishment for me. :angry:

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

That's great!! Would you mind sharing the brand name, please!?? The big D is a common complaint for many on here after taking Mag. supps. :unsure:

The magnesium I use is Angstrom Mineral magnesium. http://www.angstrom-mineral.com I use this site for information only. Other sites have better pricing. Here are several paragraphs from their web-site describing the concept:

The magnesium I use is Angstrom Mineral magnesium. http://www.angstrom-mineral.com I use this site for information only. Other sites have better pricing. Here are several paragraphs from their web-site describing the concept:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif