T.H.

We're Not Alone

Rate this topic

This was mentioned in another forum, and I thought it might be of interest to some here: an article by another super sensitive gal, and what it's been like for her.

kelownceliac.org

It's from a Canadian perspective, but definitely interesting. I was intrigued by her comments on having prescription tryptophan after she's been glutened, and how that helped with her seratonin crash.

Thanks for sharing that. It was a pretty good article. It's comforting to know that there are other super sensitives like us out there.

Despite occasional bouts of gas, I think I can survive without the charcoal underwear liners.

richard

Despite occasional bouts of gas, I think I can survive without the charcoal underwear liners.

richard

They could come in handy on camping trips, if you have trouble lighting the campfire.

I don't think that she was talking about gas when she suggested the charcoal liners. Some of us have pretty severe symptoms when we're glutened.

• Upvote 1

There is a whole thread for "The Funny Pages . . . " - here is the link:

The Flat-D site looks good, and they have a clip from The Doctors where it was mentioned: http://www.flat-d.com/ . From the site,

Flat-D Innovations, an FDA registered and Better Business Bureau Accredited company, is the market leader for over 8 years in flatulence odor control products, feminine odors, and clothes odor. The company's patented products feature activated charcoal cloth that has improved the quality of life for people in over 50 countries worldwide. Flat-D intestinal gas or flatus deodorizing products are in a thin cloth form and are similar to charcoal underwear or a flatulence ( fart ) filter are doctor recommended and used by individuals with gastric bypass odor, ostomy smells, irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, celiac, crohn's and other rectal issues.

I really enjoyed how the OP article addressed the value of EZ Gluten tests - it was really cool how she articulated that she originally dismissed their value . . . only to turn around and find them so useful. And I appreciated her summary of her test results - invaluable information IMHO!!

• Upvote 1

Sorry if I misunderstood.

richard