This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Betty Crocker gluten-free Mixes

purple

purple Community Regular

"Guess what" I just bumped into, the pictures will show you!!!

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JennyC Enthusiast

WOW! That's great! :)

Darn210 Enthusiast

Tickled Pink . . . can't wait to get more info on these!!!

N.Justine Newbie

I emailed them to confirm -- I hope it is real!

Mtndog Collaborator
"Guess what" I just bumped into, the pictures will show you!!!

That is absolutely crazy amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

flourgirl Apprentice

Wonderfulllll!! Hope the first person to get info. on their "coming out" date passes it on pronto.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Just checked the link

They didn't put up any follow up

can't wait to hear and someone ask about dairy and soy in them too

hope they will post the ingred and that they were WONDERFUL

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Puddy Explorer

I think I'm going to cry!

Juliebove Rising Star

Wow. Great!

TrillumHunter Enthusiast

Okay, this is weird. I dreamt last night I was sent samples of these to test out. I'm not much of a packaged mix user but looks like I'm kidding myself. :P My subconscious knows what I really want!

Nothing like celiac dreams!

hermitgirl Contributor

I am beaming at the news. Betty Crocker is a General Mills product. Maybe the response to Rice Chex going gluten free influenced this????

Silly Yak Pete Rookie

Is this really true? If this is a dream dont wake me! How much does it cost? How does it taste?

purple Community Regular
Is this really true? If this is a dream dont wake me! How much does it cost? How does it taste?

And what will the flavors be...and will they make gluten-free frosting...and what other products will they be coming out with...and what other companies will copy...and will they put all their gluten-free items together in the store...??? Life is getting easier for celiacs ;) Think of how happy kids will be and moms too of course! And birthday cakes!!!

ravenwoodglass Mentor
I am beaming at the news. Betty Crocker is a General Mills product. Maybe the response to Rice Chex going gluten free influenced this????

I am a member of the General Mills advisory board, perhaps the panel has a bunch of us. :D Ah for the day when I can answer a survey they send without page after page of 'nope don't touch those'

celiackitcat Newbie

This is amazing! I'm getting ready to move and am terrified about leaving my food co-op and local stores that carry a good amount of gluten free products. But seeing more and more major brands create gluten free lines is making me a little less nervous. I would love to hear any review of the products/when they are going to be available/price.

JennyC Enthusiast
I am a member of the General Mills advisory board, perhaps the panel has a bunch of us. :D Ah for the day when I can answer a survey they send without page after page of 'nope don't touch those'

Me too! :D

TearzaRose Explorer

:D:lol::):wub:

yay!!

N.Justine Newbie

THIS IS STRAIGHT FROM BETTY CROCKER/GENERAL MILLS:

Dear Ms. Bubolo:

Thank you for contacting General Mills with your inquiry. We will be coming out with some gluten free baking mixes but they will not be in stores until may or June.

We hope you find this information helpful. Please let us know if we can help you again.

Sincerely,

Brent Taylor

Consumer Services

purple Community Regular

Wow Again! I am/we are, so glad you heard from them!! thanks for the update!

Silly Yak Pete Rookie
Wow Again! I am/we are, so glad you heard from them!! thanks for the update!

Cool it will be ready for my birthday in June!

hermitgirl Contributor
THIS IS STRAIGHT FROM BETTY CROCKER/GENERAL MILLS:

Dear Ms. Bubolo:

Thank you for contacting General Mills with your inquiry. We will be coming out with some gluten free baking mixes but they will not be in stores until may or June.

We hope you find this information helpful. Please let us know if we can help you again.

Sincerely,

Brent Taylor

Consumer Services

I am beyond jealous of the response you where given. I emailed on Friday morning and this was what the response was.

"Thank you for contacting General Mills regarding gluten in General Mills products.

It is our goal to help our consumers determine whether or not they can include our products in their diet. To accurately accomplish this, we believe it is best to refer to the specific ingredients listed on each product package; and for this reason, we do not offer a gluten-free product list.

However, we do understand that ingredients can be confusing. We want you to be assured that if the ingredient label does not list wheat, barley, rye, oats or gluten containing ingredients sourced from these grains, then the product would be gluten-free. Sources of gluten are listed on the label even if the source of gluten is part of another ingredient (such as flavoring or spice). Because ingredients may vary from one package to another due to product reformulation, you should use the product′s ingredient label to provide you with current and accurate information.

Additional information regarding gluten may be obtained by contacting your health care professional or:Celiac Sprue Association/United States of America, Inc.PO Box 31700Omaha, NE 68131-0700402-558-0600

Or toll free: 877-CSA-4-CSA (877-272-4272)

www.csaceliacs.org

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Aneisa McDuff

Consumer Services"

I always find it intersting how different the responses from the same company can be. I specifically asked about the gluten free baking mixes.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Me too! :D

I'm on it too and spent alot of time begging them for products before the gluten-free Chex came out

I do think they are listening.

can't wait till the baking products come out

I am beyond jealous of the response you where given. I emailed on Friday morning and this was what the response was.

"Thank you for contacting General Mills regarding gluten in General Mills products.

It is our goal to help our consumers determine whether or not they can include our products in their diet. To accurately accomplish this, we believe it is best to refer to the specific ingredients listed on each product package; and for this reason, we do not offer a gluten-free product list.

However, we do understand that ingredients can be confusing. We want you to be assured that if the ingredient label does not list wheat, barley, rye, oats or gluten containing ingredients sourced from these grains, then the product would be gluten-free. Sources of gluten are listed on the label even if the source of gluten is part of another ingredient (such as flavoring or spice). Because ingredients may vary from one package to another due to product reformulation, you should use the product′s ingredient label to provide you with current and accurate information.

Additional information regarding gluten may be obtained by contacting your health care professional or:Celiac Sprue Association/United States of America, Inc.PO Box 31700Omaha, NE 68131-0700402-558-0600

Or toll free: 877-CSA-4-CSA (877-272-4272)

www.csaceliacs.org

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Aneisa McDuff

Consumer Services"

I always find it intersting how different the responses from the same company can be. I specifically asked about the gluten free baking mixes.

Iwas sent this note too but it is encouraging to me.

at least i know all 'natural flavorings etc. ' would be listed

judy

debmidge Rising Star

Great news! Now the next question: is the product made on gluten-free dedicated lines? This would be necessary for the super-sensitive celiacs.

WW340 Rookie

This is truly wonderful news. Now that we have a major food manufacturer in our corner, life is going to be a little better.

The product reviews are up now for the cookies and the brownies.

purple Community Regular
This is truly wonderful news. Now that we have a major food manufacturer in our corner, life is going to be a little better.

The product reviews are up now for the cookies and the brownies.

Thanks for the tip.

kill.the.gluten has the best homemade brownie recipe (link below) that I have tried. So for them to rave about the B.C. brownie mix is great news! I am anxious to read their comments about the cake mix ;)

drool over these lemon bars:

Archived