16 replies to this topic

#16 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

Before my diagnosis I had 20:40 vision and had used eyeglasses for 30 years.  In addition to that, I had vision problems that the ophthalmologist was monitoring by giving me various tests every 6 months.  There were a few different types, and I remember one being field of view.  I had high pressure in my eyes and she thought I might be developing glaucoma.  After diagnosis and 6 months on a gluten free diet I returned to the eye doctor.  My pressure was normal, my vision was 20:20 and she told me that I didn't need to come back anymore.  I could see a optometrist if I felt that I needed reading glasses.  I had already noticed that I could see better without my eyeglasses and had stopped using them.  I didn't even need them for reading anymore.  The ophthalmologist said that she could not explain why my vision had improved.

These days I notice my vision gets blurry as a sign of glutening along with my other symptoms.  I don't have any confirmation of this from eye doctor, but it does seem to be related to ingesting gluten.  It is always a good idea to check out problems with a doctor, but it does at least seem to be a possibility.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 alesusy

alesusy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

Well, thank you all. Adelaide, I will bear in mind your suggestion - I did go to an eye doctor and a brain scan is a possibility but I've been doing so much stuff and so many exames that I'm really fed up.

I have found out, however, that all three pet food I have been using contain either "wheat flour" or generically "cereals". I have two cats. They eat, then they clean up, then they come sleeping on my couch and my bed. Over a period of months I would guess the CC is there. This does not mean that the opitc migraines come from Celiac - they might come from being pre-menopausal. I will see if they keep coming. But other glutening symptoms may well be related to pet food. I will start a new topic... Thanks

alessandra, 6 months gluten-free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: