This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Is Rice Dream Rice Milk Gluten Free?

CynthiaSt

CynthiaSt Rookie

Hi,

I have been drinking a lot of vanilla Rice Dream Rice milk lately.

I just found this post that says celiac's might react to this.

any advice is apreciated..

cheerio

CynthiaST

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

powerofpositivethinking Community Regular

I got sick from it :(

https://www.celiac.com/forums/topic/102693-didnt-see-that-one-coming-rice-dream/

Hi,

I have been drinking a lot of vanilla Rice Dream Rice milk lately.

I just found this post that says celiac's might react to this.

any advice is apreciated..

cheerio

CynthiaST

Open Original Shared Link

CynthiaSt Rookie

Hi,

Thanks so much for the info. Now i know why I have been feeling so lousy.

Cheerio

CynthiaST

GFinDC Veteran

There have been several threads about problems with the Dream line of gluten-free products over the years.  The search tool should help find them if you want to see more info.  But yeah, they bother a lot of people.

CynthiaSt Rookie

Does anyone know what brand of rice milk is gluten free?

Cheerio

CynthiaST

powerofpositivethinking Community Regular

if you have a Wegmans near you, I haven't gotten sick from their rice milk...

CynthiaSt Rookie

if you have a Wegmans near you, I haven't gotten sick from their rice milk...

Hi powerofpositivethinking,

I'm in Canada and have never heard of Wegmans. There are good health food stores though that carry a lot of different brands of rice milk.

Cheerio

CynthiaST

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ragtag Rookie

Ugh, I just drank a single serve carton of their 'Mocha Latte Almond Milk" and started feeling weird pretty quickly.  The product claims it is gluten free (and the company claims their gluten free products test to below 10ppm), so this is pretty upsetting. 

nvsmom Community Regular

I switched to coconut milk myself - the real stuff in the cans. I was unsure about Rice Dream's gluten-free status so I dropped it just in case.

Adalaide Mentor

The rice milk from Costco was gluten free last I called to check on it.

CynthiaSt Rookie

Hi Adelaide,

I am going to Costco today so I will check it out.

Cheerio

CynthiaST

Archived