This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Was Poisoned By My Body: The Odyssey Of A Doctor Who Reversed Fibromyalgia, Leaky Gut Syndrome, And Multiple Chemical Sensitivity - Naturally!

ms-sillyak-screwed

ms-sillyak-screwed Enthusiast

THIS IS A BOOK I STUMBLED UPON.

Open Original Shared Link

ANYONE READ IT?

The book addresses celiac disease.

YOUR REVIEW...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

miamia Rookie
THIS IS A BOOK I STUMBLED UPON.

ANYONE READ IT?

The book addresses celiac disease.

YOUR REVIEW...

I have read it and trhought it was really really informative- I also have leakey gut and have suffered from cadida which the book addresses. I highly recomend it and there is another one of her books as well but I can't remember the name.

Miamia

jerseyangel Proficient

This looks like it would be very interesting. Thanks for posting about it, C. I think I will look for it :)

miamia Rookie

I found this and it touches upon celiac disease too.

I find it interesing the books people buy. Were as with Amazon you can see the other books that person also bought. And it appears there are a few new books addressing celiac disease hitting the book stores.

Also Gilbere has her own site and ou can read all the articles shes written and so on. It is really informative. I think what I like best about her books as opposed to other sis shes speaking from her own experience not just that of s medical professional its much easier to process.

Miamia

Green12 Enthusiast
I have read it and trhought it was really really informative- I also have leakey gut and have suffered from cadida which the book addresses. I highly recomend it and there is another one of her books as well but I can't remember the name.

Miamia

MiaMia,

Thanks for posting your thoughts on this book, it does sound interesting :lol:

• 1 month later...

!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lindalee Enthusiast
I picked up the book last night I can't put it down. It is easy to read and fast with all the "LIGHT BULB MOMENTS" I've been having as I read, why I'm sick and how to fix it.

It's a really good book so far and well worth the time.

Explains the "rotation diet" I've been doing, and how to get the most of it, to turn this around.

I'll be back when I get finished. I only question the use of WHEY...?

Please put this one on your MUST READ LIST!

This is a terrific book. I haven't finished it yet. It is about a doctor who became ill. It explains the symptoms and what she did to get through the illness. She covers it all from the toxic effects of the drugs to the battle to recover from the immune system war to the challenge of socialization and "her foods". You can't help but relate to her!! Linda Lee

rinne Apprentice

Here is her web site,

Thanks for the information about her.

-

lindalee Enthusiast
After reading I'm not sure this book is for all of us here.

Open Original Shared Link & SOY being helpful. Open Original Shared Link I have found it to be the op·po·site. Google the words "Whey Allergy" and see.

In the book she writes about many illnesses but she [never] tells the reader what she was sick from.

One element that was true for me was the MCSS (multiple chemical sensitivity syndrome) as I look back it started for me in 94 with enviromental allergies following surgery in my 30s. And at that time was when I was doing all the colon cleanse and had taken a entirely holistic approach to my life. As I listed in my profile; I did everything other than hycolonics. And the author stands by that it, how it worked for her and goes into detail of the process of detoxing, colon irrigation, colon hydrotherapy, ememas and how helpful these treatments are.

I must confess back in 94 everyone was doing it -- I'm speaking of -- hydrotherapy colonics. My cousin's bestfriend (someone I knew) went and she passed out on the sidewalk in Manhattan following a hycolonic session. She was hospitalized for a week for dehydration. And since my hypersensitivity to everything (in life) I can't or couldn't get past that. ....And then life changed in a big way, the colon cleans and holistic approach I was doing had stopped and no longer had those luxuries with major stress over time by 2000-01 celiac disease grabbed a hold of me.

I do believe; there is many benefits to colon cleaning and some of what she writes about. At this stage for myself I'm reluctant without a professionals help to attempt hycolonics. And the author points that out to the reader.

She writes about glutamine, ginger, aloe, alfalfa, milk thistle, night shade veggies, enzymes digestive and systermic oral enzymes and PARASITES.

She believes in the rotation diet to help.

The best line in the book for me was... when encountering individuals who think [you are neurotic] and present more challanges to you - say to them, " I'M HAPPY YOU HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED SEVERE ALLERGIES, AND I HOPE YOU NEVER DO." I like it cause it makes all those people we meet, that raise their eyebrow at us, it shifts the thought to them, and gives them something to think of, themselves. I'm going to use it next time.

Has anyone else read the book? What do you think?

Or are doing any of these treatments?

I am trying to learn more about glutamine, the site says it helps celiac....not sure about whey....milk thistle( I bought some to help the liver-going to start back on that and the probiotics...I am dodging the night shades now...I was scanning Dr. Weil's book last night and he said he takes a sm. can of grapefuit juice with metamucile in the morning first thing and then again before retiring (I find fiber helps me too) I am going to keep the fiber up (even though I eat alot of salads, fruits and veggies)..a client gave me some fresh fish yesterday after church and as I was rinsing it I could smell something...he had marinated it in Italian dressing <_< so the best thing I know to say is "I only eat plain foods"... glutamine- that is what I want to know about....LL

lindalee Enthusiast

sillyak, Did you read what she said about the chop sticks?????? I was wondering what those were really good for!! :lol: LL

:o
penguin Community Regular

Konsyl (original) is safe for celiacs, all it has is psyllium. That's the one my GI doc reccommends.

lindalee Enthusiast
I looked up the ingredients in metamucile Open Original Shared Link they have artificial flavors thats Open Original Shared Link a big no no for us. They can hide many things that will make us sick. It has aspartame in it and also Open Original Shared Link and is processed with grains. = CC It might be making you 'go' for another reason?

lindalee -- Yes, the author says :o chop sticks are used to pick your stool apart when inspecting it for parasite and etc... :o

I use Psyllium 100% no sugar (Konsyl) brand and Glucomannan Fiber (Bionutrients) if I am not juicing. I do not reccommend Metamucile ---I just think it is interesting he takes it twice a day.(a fiber). LL

• 4 weeks later...

Archived