19 replies to this topic

#16 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

My grandson Eli, 12 months

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:12 AM

Steve, I hope you cooled the burns immediately with cold, running water for at least five minutes, that usually takes care of minor burns. If you haven't done that, it's still not too late to do it, it will still help. Do you know first aid? Don't do something like putting butter on, that's dangerous (and very old advice).
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 GFBetsy

GFBetsy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:38 PM

Just wanted to say I'd try the dish soap alternative . . . All the commercial's for Dawn, etc. focus on how well they cut grease . . . and I recently used it to clean some stuffed animals that had been stored over kitchen cabinets and were consequently greasy and dusty. It worked very well. (I know it's not quite the same situation . .. but I should think it ought to work. One can only try!)

And simmer lemon rinds/apple slices/cinnamon and nutmeg on a back burner to help with the smell.

#18 Michi8

Michi8

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:53 PM

Ok, Im google TSP and see if I can find an equivlant French product.

TSP is trisodium phosphate. It's a standard cleaning/degreasing chemical...I alwasy wash the walls with it before painting. BTW, it's also an additive to some foods...Cheerios for example.

Michelle

#19 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,708 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:04 PM

Luckily I'm not adverse to picking up a boiling pan of oil and throwing a wet towel over it.... only got minor burns from spitting oil and just the heat on the forarm... but its 1st degree no real damage worse than sunburn ....

So glad you were not hurt badly. After almost incinerating two kitchens I learned to always have a lid larger than the pan handy and not to try and carry the pan anywhere. Cover and move from heat.
You've already gotten some great advice and it sounds like you have clean up under control. Thankfully you were not injured badly and the oil and water mix didn't make things worse.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#20 Guest_~jules~_*

Guest_~jules~_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:09 PM

Hee Hee, hope your okay...sounds like something my hubby would do. LOL :D Well, I run a housecleaning business, I've actually had to clean this before,,,,degreaser all the way, doesnt matter which one there all the same, unless your picky about smells. I wouldn't delute it much either, use a dish sponge with a scrubby side, just don't scrub to hard. Hopefully you have satin painted walls everything washes right off of that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: