This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Jestgar Rising Star
Yeah, that's the part that always gets em going...What do you think I am, some frigging superwoman with a magic needle??

:blink: :blink: :blink:

:ph34r:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular
Ummmm.........Did she have company whilst you were away? :ph34r:

Between fits of laughter, she assured us that she did not. Ya gotta picture her - - a very proper, English, wizened seventy-eight year old lady .... . . ......

It actually was very funny, looking at her with raised eyebrows as she stood by our bed showing us the broken frame and wheel.... . .

Agh, better than the last two visits - - roof dent (! :huh: ) and side mirror missing on my car, and broken washing machine door.

What in hell IS it with her? Is she a Transformer er somefin?

:lol:

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Between fits of laughter, she assured us that she did not. Ya gotta picture her - - a very proper, English, wizened seventy-eight year old lady .... . . ......

It actually was very funny, looking at her with raised eyebrows as she stood by our bed showing us the broken frame and wheel.... . .

Agh, better than the last two visits - - roof dent (! :huh: ) and side mirror missing on my car, and broken washing machine door.

What in hell IS it with her? Is she a Transformer er somefin?

:lol::lol::lol:

Picturing the Geordie Lass transforming and somehow trashing the bed frame :lol:

The exasperated Wedding Seamstress :lol:

GAAAAWD, school's out 'til September!! :blink: .....already exhausted :lol:

Just woke up (7pm) ...nae feelin' well.... sweating buckets :unsure:

elye Community Regular
Just woke up (7pm) ...nae feelin' well.... sweating buckets

Uh, oh, Nikkers... . . ....feelin'.. . . .....swiney? :unsure:

Two of DD's closest friends came down with the swine flu last month. They were diagnosed the week after all three of them spent the night together at a sleepover. They were a little feverish, achy and very tired for a couple of days. That was it.

Sophie did not develop any symptoms.

I dunno. I seem very underwhelmed by this pandemic, it would seem.

Jyess our Resident Sciencey Chick... ...what is your spin on this as it has played out thus far?

Darn210 Enthusiast

We vacationed at Lake Michigan. Here is the convict story . . . Open Original Shared Link

They kept having sightings within a mile of where we were staying . . . as late as yesterday even. The place we were staying even had pictures up and were putting out warnings to keep all doors and windows locked and to stay in groups . . . makes for quite a relaxing atmosphere.

Nik has come down wif the school's out blues flu . . . hope yer feelin' better soon.

mushroom Proficient

We had an escaped con on the loose for a couple of months; he was first intercepted about five miles from us, but then escaped on a motorcycle and subsequently into the hills and bush on foot and the cops lost him. From then on it was kind of like a movie; he kept swapping vehicles, dumping one and stealing another; breaking into houses for food and guns (and drugstores for drugs); there were sightings galore but oh, the ineptitude in catching up with him. Eventually he more or less gave himselph up because he was tired, I reckon :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star
Jyess our Resident Sciencey Chick... ...what is your spin on this as it has played out thus far?

'tis naught. just like bird flu. Something for the media to play with when there's no real news.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Jan-it--how scary!!! Definately those are 3 mugs you wouldn't want looking in the window at ya :o

jerseyangel Proficient
'tis naught. just like bird flu. Something for the media to play with when there's no real news.

Good to hear--I kinda got that feeling but when it first broke, it was all over the news here I guess because we're so close to Mexico. The coverage has fizzled, though.....

elye Community Regular

....And Big Pharma, when there's big money to be made. . . . . ...... <_<

Jyaghnutt! Gawd, what a relaxing time, with three murderers/serial rapists traipsing through the woods behind you.... . . . . ..you shoulda had Soooozle's skull-crusher in yer back pocket. . . ... ...

:rolleyes:

No escaped cons hiding in our neighboUrhood.... . . . . . .. .just the ever-fascinating Mr. Chow in his inspirational Tai Chi stances. I must go out to look shortly, for it will be dusk and he should be in full Retreating Sun Sendoff pose.... .. ....

Jestgar Rising Star

somebody needs to come here and slap some sense into me

planning on getting a MS in biostatistics:ph34r: :ph34r:

jerseyangel Proficient
somebody needs to come here and slap some sense into me

planning on getting a MS in biostatistics:ph34r: :ph34r:

I think that's great!!!!! :D Wif yer brilliant mind, I say go fer it!!!!

Is this what you've been thinkin about, as of late?

Kind of a phunny juxtiposition, discussing biostatistics with words like "wif" and "fer" :lol::lol::lol:

elye Community Regular
Kind of a phunny juxtiposition, discussing biostatistics with words like "wif" and "fer"

:lol::lol: Well, c'mon, it's not like we're talkin' about an Masters in English er sumphin'. .. . . . ...

This is excellent, Jyess! You smarty-sciency-numbers-yuckystuff-pants, you! ;):D

jerseyangel Proficient
:lol::lol: Well, c'mon, it's not like we're talkin' about an Masters in English er sumphin'. .. . . . ...

Well no! :oThat would just be silly :P

elye Community Regular
Well no! :oThat would just be silly :P

:lol::lol::lol:

Yep, absolutely. THAT would be silly!

mushroom Proficient

So am I wrong, or is or is this not Friday night??? Wotever happened to the Friday night psilliness and the glasses of wine and the general drunken hilarity. I is phinally here for it and I is on me own!!! :( :( :( Must be Friday the 13th!!! :o:huh:

elye Community Regular

Good Morning, Psills!

Yes, 'tis mighty quiet since my return..... . . . . .wish I'd been around last night wif ya, Shroomie. Still a little jetlagged, a bit off - - and me being the way I am to start with, one can imagine how .....interesting....I am presently. <_<:rolleyes:

I am meeting a good friend for lunch this aft. She emailed me a brief message yesterday, saying that she is done with facebook, that the sh!t had really hit the fan with her profile (she did not go into detail - - I'm assuming someone hacked into it and got personal info and took it from there).... . . . :(:angry: So, I'll let ya'll know... .. .

Don't these hackers have anything better to do? Why can't we simply acquire and/or deal semi-automatics, battle pirates, send alcohol and phunnee pins around in peace?.... . . . .....man, leave us alone! :rolleyes:B)

Jestgar Rising Star

that sucks M. Get any details we might ned to protect ourselves.

I WAS engaging in Friday night drunken hilarity, I just went out to do it. Two women that I didn't realize I like so well, and two others that are more fun then I ever knew. Was up til midnight laughing.

elye Community Regular
I WAS engaging in Friday night drunken hilarity, I just went out to do it. Two women that I didn't realize I like so well, and two others that are more fun then I ever knew. Was up til midnight laughing.

Fantastic, Jyess! Just lurve when this happens - - throw some heavy alcohol at a boring, reserved, straight-back-and-sides individual and watch a new person germinate........Of course, the new personality can be horrific, but more often in my experience it is suddenly someone whom I wanna be around all the time, and I proceed to try to get them drinking whenever we're together.

Sometimes I think I'd like my kids a lot more if they were constantly hammered.....

:huh::o

Jestgar Rising Star
Sometimes I think I'd like my kids a lot more if they were constantly hammered.....

Or if you were..... :rolleyes:

elye Community Regular
Or if you were..... :rolleyes:

Gawd, yes! There's the best idea........I stay drunk all the time. Then everybody is so much easier to tolerate... . .. . ....! :lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast

Ummmm . . . :unsure: . . . because now they're only hammered every so often??? :o . . . :lol::lol:

Just back from a baby shower . . . I was the "help" . . . much running back and forth between my house and the neighbors, fetching and cooking . . . we're gonna spike the punch later after the "baby" goes home. :P

psawyer Proficient
Gawd, yes! There's the best idea........I stay drunk all the time. Then everybody is so much easier to tolerate... . .. . ....! :lol:

And if you stay drunk, you'll never get a hangover. :lol: :lol:

elye Community Regular
. . . we're gonna spike the punch later after the "baby" goes home. :P

Highly recommended.... . . .......again, everyone will be so much more easily tolerated.

I've been to three baby showers in the past six months, and boy, did I need alcohol at each of them - - none to be found, however. Loved the mothers-and-dads-to-be, but was often at a loss with their great-aunts, second cousins, work-sharing partners, neighboUrs, doulas..... . . ...

:rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient

PeOter--I love your new av!! :D

Archived