This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

elye Community Regular

J chose these cute silver with glass shelves to put in the bathroom. I imagined them putting the roll of TP,stacked neatly on one shelf, one kids extra shampoo, etc on a shelf, the others on the other. They too the whole pack of TP & laid it on a shelf. They had swim trunks and soccer socks drying on the other shelves.

OMG. . .....:huh:. .....Kherrighnne, those guys have a girl stayin' in there with them, I'm telling ya......

:rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darn210 Enthusiast

Now really, if they took the rocks out of our brains, what would we do with all that empty space?

Yes, but think about how much quieter it would be?

Hope all goes well Loey . . . I really admire your positive spirit. Have a good (alcohol-free) weekend.

elye Community Regular

Hope all goes well Loey . . . I really admire your positive spirit. Have a good (alcohol-free) weekend.

Um. . ... ....:huh: . . .....is that possible? . ...

Jestgar Rising Star

..... no......

kareng Grand Master

Sure She can laugh at the drunk people. Take pictures and videos to blackmail them with later.

Well...she has an expensive college to pay for! ;)

Jestgar Rising Star

After I bathe, I'll tell you guys the story of how the forest service towed my truck, parked where their website told me to park, and the told me I had to figure out how to get of the forest on my own, and get the thirty miles to where they had the truck towed. Without water. or phone. in 80 degree temperature.

I sent them an email

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

After I bathe, I'll tell you guys the story of how the forest service towed my truck, parked where their website told me to park, and the told me I had to figure out how to get of the forest on my own, and get the thirty miles to where they had the truck towed. Without water. or phone. in 80 degree temperature.

I sent them an email

Oh my! I can't wait to hear the story. Why were you in the forest without a phone? Run away chicken led you on a wild chase? Hiding a body and don't want to be tracked via GPS? :ph34r:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

And whilst waiting for the story I just have to share that I am NEVER flyign again! Apparently it is now "suspicious behavior" to use the restroom twice in a single flight. :blink:

Open Original Shared Link

sb2178 Enthusiast

And whilst waiting for the story I just have to share that I am NEVER flyign again! Apparently it is now "suspicious behavior" to use the restroom twice in a single flight. :blink:

Oh dear. That's not good. We're all going to have to carry letters from our doctors stating we have digestive issues and, given our medical disability, are legally required to be provided with restroom access. (Actually have friends with Crohn's who carries a little card stating that.)

Edit: if it had been a woman, i'da bet they found a *gasp* dropped tampon tube. Maybe it was just some toothpaste.

Jestgar Rising Star

I went hiking, parked at a marked trail head. The website said the bridge was closed to traffic, only local traffic and hikers, park at the gate and don't block it. So I did. I came back, my truck is gone, and there's a guy pushing around a pile of rocks with a cat. He told me the cops had my truck towed, because it was a construction site. :blink: :blink: And how was I supposed to know that? Nothing on the web. No signs. Nothing.

The nice construction guy parked his cat, got his truck, and drove me up and down the road trying to find the forest service cop. He finally found him, the cop guy told me my truck had been impounded and taken to Shelton - 30 miles away. I said "So what do I do?" He said I had to find a ride to Shelton to get my truck. So I'm in the middle of the forest, worn out from a four hour hike which was basically two miles of stairs up, there's no phone service in the middle of the forest, I have about 1/2 cup od water left, and it's 1 in the afternoon on the hottest day we've had this year. I just looked at the construction guy with a WTF look on my face.

He told me that their quarry was in Shelton, and the guys driving the big trailer trucks would be back in a couple hours and he'd try to get me a ride with them. We drove back to the construction site and he went to talk to his boss. The boss told him to help them set up a silt fence in the river, then Jeff, my construction guy, could load up a fuel tank that needed refilling and take me to Shelton to find my truck.

So, $600 poorer, and more knowledgeable about how they fix bridges (they had to shock the fish, collect them, and release them someplace safe :o ), I got home, and opted for an evening of wine.

Jestgar Rising Star

I was here:

At the end near the upper left, where the bridge is.

I went hiking, parked at a marked trail head. The website said the bridge was closed to traffic, only local traffic and hikers, park at the gate and don't block it. So I did. I came back, my truck is gone, and there's a guy pushing around a pile of rocks with a cat. He told me the cops had my truck towed, because it was a construction site. :blink: :blink: And how was I supposed to know that? Nothing on the web. No signs. Nothing.

The nice construction guy parked his cat, got his truck, and drove me up and down the road trying to find the forest service cop. He finally found him, the cop guy told me my truck had been impounded and taken to Shelton - 30 miles away. I said "So what do I do?" He said I had to find a ride to Shelton to get my truck. So I'm in the middle of the forest, worn out from a four hour hike which was basically two miles of stairs up, there's no phone service in the middle of the forest, I have about 1/2 cup od water left, and it's 1 in the afternoon on the hottest day we've had this year. I just looked at the construction guy with a WTF look on my face.

He told me that their quarry was in Shelton, and the guys driving the big trailer trucks would be back in a couple hours and he'd try to get me a ride with them. We drove back to the construction site and he went to talk to his boss. The boss told him to help them set up a silt fence in the river, then Jeff, my construction guy, could load up a fuel tank that needed refilling and take me to Shelton to find my truck.

So, $600 poorer, and more knowledgeable about how they fix bridges (they had to shock the fish, collect them, and release them someplace safe :o ), I got home, and opted for an evening of wine.

$600 for a tow!?! That's insane!

That was a very nice construction guy though to help you. And what a talented (and strong?) cat he has that knows how to push rocks around! I wonder what he feeds it? :lol:

Really, I'm just glad you are okay. Is it really safe where you live to go hiking in the woods alone?

elye Community Regular

Holy crap, Jyessss.. . .. . ..I should hope you can get all (or a large part of) that six hundred bucks back, without spending that much on the legal system to represent you. Nothing marked, no signs, you're parked in the spot they instructed.....sounds like a slam dunk. I have been really wondering, lately, about the little guy's ability to fight City Hall.. . ....but your situation, Jyesss, sounds much more promising than mine. ... <_<

kareng Grand Master

Wow, Jess! Good thing the construction workers were there to help! Maybe you can go back & take a picture of where you parked & the signs or lack of signs?

Jestgar Rising Star

Wow, Jess! Good thing the construction workers were there to help! Maybe you can go back & take a picture of where you parked & the signs or lack of signs?

It's only 100 miles away...

I'm hoping Jeff, the construction guy, as a witness is sufficient. (and the rest of the construction drew, with regard to the lack of signage)

kareng Grand Master

It's only 100 miles away...

I'm hoping Jeff, the construction guy, as a witness is sufficient. (and the rest of the construction drew, with regard to the lack of signage)

Oh! Didn't know it was so far!

Maybe point out that they stranded you and the search for you the next day would have cost them more than the $600 tow & ticket!

Darn210 Enthusiast

Holy Moly, Jess!!!

Do you have any lawyer friends? Someone that could write an intimidating letter? . . . you need to capture the website instructions somehow before they are "updated".

Darn210 Enthusiast

Also . . . I just wanted to send out a Public Service Announcement . . . I'm two posts away from a major phlip. I want to apologize in advance for whomever is adversely affected.

I hope it's not me

:ph34r:

mushroom Proficient

For goodness sake, do it now, Ghiannit, before I end up with a splash landing :o

elye Community Regular

Jyaghnutt! DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, post again for a few days. DH is pulling apart our ensuite bathroom plumbing to try and fix a slow-draining sink -- he'll likely tackle this tomorrow early morning, so please hold off until Wednesday or so.... . . ..

Jestgar Rising Star

I just screenshotted all the stuff on the FS website including the trail info, and the road info pages.

J-net, flip that counter and stop the suspense fer goodness sake.

Jestgar Rising Star

Jyaghnutt! DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, post again for a few days. DH is pulling apart our ensuite bathroom plumbing to try and fix a slow-draining sink -- he'll likely tackle this tomorrow early morning, so please hold off until Wednesday or so.... . . ..

ooo didn't see this. Now ya really gotta flip! Em, get your camera ready....

mushroom Proficient

Wait a minute here!!! How can you compare a minor bathroom phlood, a mere inconvenience in summer, with an ocean ditch???? :unsure::o You wanna get rid of me? I don't swim very well and besides,, we will be flying over tropical (shark) waters most of the time :rolleyes: If mosquitos lurve me, how do you think sharks might?

kareng Grand Master

Hub just replaced an intake pipe with a metal hose thingy on the toilet. We have towels and are standing by!

FLIP

Jestgar Rising Star

$600 for a tow!?! That's insane!

~2.5 hours @$177/hour, ~$88 because it was Saturday, $22.50 for 1/2 day storage :blink: , plus some service fee because I wasn't paying in cash. It's quite a racket. I imagine those guys will be sewer rats in their next life.

Archived