This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

elye Community Regular
She's trying to coerse me into buying a Boucle throw in the sales :( !!!!!!!!!

A BOUCLE THROW? OMG..... . . . . .. I am so out-of-the-know. . . . .....so very yesterday. . . . . what in hell is a BOUCLE throw?? Is it properly togged? Or twigged?

:huh:

:lol:

And yes! I agree heartily, Nik. .. . . thou shouldst call in phat to your kids tomorrow... . . . ..

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
flourgirl Apprentice

Nikola.....I think Tiger Pig should maintain his well earned place of honor. Perhaps he should "rest" in the closet on Mums visiting days. You know how that feels, don't you?....that insane desire to rest in the closet during family visits? :lol::lol:

Krank up the Krankeeeeee (wheeeee). :rolleyes: I certainly enjoy a good Krankee once in a while

Jestgar Rising Star

This morning a guy on the bus was telling the story of his 7 year old who's had his blankie his entire life. It's now the size of a hand towel and he has no intention of giving it up.

Dunno what made me think of that :rolleyes:

My Mum thinks I should put TIGER PIG into retirement :o:o

She thinks he deserves it after a long service and is looking a tad threadbare :o:o:o

She's trying to coerse me into buying a Boucle throw in the sales :( !!!!!!!!!

For GAWDS SAKE!!!!.....doesn't she understand????????................. we'd miss TP terribly!!

Oh the memories!!! .......

picnics in the garden, makeshift tent cover & fort, all purpose blankie............ :wub:

I need to THINK ...*sniff*

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Well Em, maybe this will help:

pronounce it BOU-KLAY and use the fancye e thingy:

boucl

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
Well Em, maybe this will help:

pronounce it BOU-KLAY and use the fancye e thingy:

boucl

elye Community Regular

BTW my parents BURNED my blankie when I was little. That's right. Cut it smaller, kept cutting it smaller, then when I was two, BURNED IT IN THE FYRE. :(:(

Do you think this is what in hell is wrong with with? not gluten......THEY BURNED MY BINKIE. :angry: <was called a BOBO in my house>

I mean, who would do this?

*sniff*

curlyfries Contributor
This morning a guy on the bus was telling the story of his 7 year old who's had his blankie his entire life. It's now the size of a hand towel and he has no intention of giving it up.

Hah! That's nothing! My 23 year old daughter still has and uses hers. It was knitted by her aunt and is still in one piece. Always the first thing she packed for sleepovers, and now it goes on trips with her :P

BTW my parents BURNED my blankie when I was little. That's right. Cut it smaller, kept cutting it smaller, then when I was two, BURNED IT IN THE FYRE. :(:(

Do you think this is what in hell is wrong with with? not gluten......THEY BURNED MY BINKIE. :angry: <was called a BOBO in my house>

:o I think you're on to something! My DD was an emotional and restless child, and had a hard time sleeping for fear of dying. She is quite calm these days :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular

:lol::lol::(:lol: This may explain a lot, Sooooze.. . . ....

Okay, at least you all HAD blankies. I never had one. Never. This probably explains even more about me. . .. . . .. . ..

elye Community Regular

So, our mechanic down the street cannot fix my radio. .. ......I have to take the car to the dealership. Read: $$$$ :angry::angry:

Bah!

How'd she get my radio to stop functioning?? How???

nikki-uk Enthusiast
boucl
nikki-uk Enthusiast
So, our mechanic down the street cannot fix my radio. .. ......I have to take the car to the dealership. Read: $$$$ :angry::angry:

Bah!

With her cunning yet magical sturdy Geordie lass ways I suspect :mellow:

Gotta love the post dental dribble slur <_<

....and that's the thing wiv dentists - they ALWAYS find summat else wrong :angry: (like mechanics really .....KA-CHING!! :angry: )

Well, I haven't been to the dentist in quite some time thanks to a lack of health insurance, and he showed me the cavity, it was quite apparent. I didn't doubt him at all. He actually complemented me on my dental hygiene. This cavity was obviously slow-going and has been there for some time, according to how long it's been sensitive to cold. I'm glad he caught it. I know a lot of dentists are like that though.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Tooth update: I also have a new cavity I wasn't aware of, and as my filling situation is neither dire nor painful, I will be returning to Le Dentiste next Wednesday with lawnmower man in tow to drive my whiny sorry a$$ home. Novocaine in two different places can make me a bit muddled. And I can just imagine getting pulled over and saying "Yesh Osshifer?" Not sure why I should be so whiny though, I did have all four wisdom teeth removed surgically at the same time, you'd think this would be a walk in the park. I just hate those novocaine shots....

Heinous but yes, you should be able to handle it!! ;)

I have to get my mouth fully numbed, meaning two trips as they can only numb one side at a time (else you might chew yer tongue off er summat :blink: ) just for the CLEANINGS for Peter's sake <_<:( a horrifying experience - the cleanings - -

This may explain a lot, Sooooze.. . . ....

Okay, at least you all HAD blankies. I never had one. Never. This probably explains even more about me. . .. . . .. . ..

:huh: no blankie? is this a Canadian thing?

Peter? did you have a blankie????????????????????

Um........we need gia-knit here to tell us if this is one'a Em's tall tales er not. :lol: I mean, really, HOW could she break the radio :lol:

Things were different then eh? ...... wrenched from yer beloved bobo, psychologically scarred :o ...... and 'BO BO' !! (T'is me pet name for Boris!)

No Bo bo for me either .....had a bear called Catherine (Catherine? )

What ARE WE LIKE???

what does it all mean????????

Oh Sillies

more tragic tree deaths

:(

all the trees have been yanked from our orchard, the very last orchard on the four corners.....you'll recall taht all three orchards were razed last year :(

am bereft, desolate, inconsolable

must move to a place where they LIKE trees :angry:

Mtndog Collaborator

Psillies!!!!!!!

Hallo!!!!!! I want to go to Nikki's for mulled wine and Susie's for frothy screw drivers!

How is everyone? I hope everyone is OK. I think I'm coming out of the woods on me tendon pain :D YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa- Thank you fer your last summary :D

I finally saw Mama Mia! I think we should all go to that island (with Colin Firth et al). Oh my gawd- so cute! But.....I must say Pierce Brosnan CANNOT sing :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't believe Christmas has come and gone......and 2009 is about 24 hours away!EEK!!!!!!!!!

elye Community Regular

OMG........Sooooze.....all the trees? Gone? 'Tis sad and heinous ... . ... :(:angry:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
OMG........Sooooze.....all the trees? Gone? 'Tis sad and heinous ... . ... :(:angry:

:(:(:(

They started with a few rows and....I was hopeful that it would be just that part......we didn't go for three days and today, the other 2/3 was uprooted, and in broken spanish I found out that the last 1/3 would be removed also........

I am only holding hope that, with the housing market as bad as it is, they simply cannot build - can they? :( Also hoping that the owner is planting a different varietal.......... *sigh*

BEVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub:

tendon pain better??? this is good news! we have missed you!!!!!!!!!

Shall I actually watch Mamma Mia????? :o Everyone loves it so much........

elye Community Regular
Shall I actually watch Mamma Mia????? :o Everyone loves it so much........

Methinks you will hate it, Sooozle.... . . . . after all, they are breaking into song every five minutes. Incredible ABBA songs -- but songs nonetheless. .. . ..

Hey, Bev!!!! Tendonitis is better. . . .. .. this is great!! :):)

flourgirl Apprentice

I have this most insane mental picture of a mother-figure calmly, slowly pulling out of the drive, then when she's far enough away to not be seen or heard.....really cranking the radio to something like Bohemian Rhapsody.......bombing and bouncing away down the road singing away....when the radio just can't take it anymore.... bursts into flame and quits forever more. Leaving a legacy of mystery and questions unanswered! <giggle behind the hand face> :rolleyes:

flourgirl Apprentice

Bevelly....so glad the unruly tendons are feeling better. Tendonitis SUKKS! "Nuff said!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
bombing and bouncing away down the road singing away....when the radio just can't take it anymore.... bursts into flame and quits forever more. Leaving a legacy of mystery and questions unanswered! <giggle behind the hand face> :rolleyes:

This gave me much delight, picturing the sturdy Geordie lass in this heap o' flames

good one Teresah! (don't really even know how to spell yer name proper-like)

Where's Amanda?

and

Judith?

Judith's had a cold - is it any better?

when's Jiaknit coming back?

Queen Jack-ay has abandoned her former minions :lol:

too quiet around here

:unsure:

we must rally en masse and en force for the New Year, sillies!!!!!!!

B)

psawyer Proficient
:huh: no blankie? is this a Canadian thing?

Peter? did you have a blankie????????????????????

Duh, what's a blankie. I had still have a small stuffed bear, about four inches tall. He is blind, since my mother pulled his eyes out so I would not choke on them. :angry:

Heinous but yes, you should be able to handle it!! ;)

I have to get my mouth fully numbed, meaning two trips as they can only numb one side at a time (else you might chew yer tongue off er summat :blink: ) just for the CLEANINGS for Peter's sake <_<:( a horrifying experience - the cleanings - -

Have you considered sedation dentistry? They can gas you, clean your teeth, and you ne'er feel a thing, and then your mouth isn't numb all day.

May I ask why you need numbing for a cleaning? :(

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Judith's had a cold - is it any better?

HI Swoozie and all

The HORRID BUG 'BITE' ME BAD :angry: .................. :ph34r:

MY ENGLISH IS JUST ABOUT AS GOOD AS IT WILL GET UNTIL I GET OFF THE STEROIDS SO I'M NOT 'ROID' RAGING AND COUGHING UP A GUT. :(

AT LEAST I CAN COUGH NOW. WAS SO BAD I COULDN'T BREATHE IN OR OUT. DR HEARD ME ON THE PHONE WHEEZING AND TOLD ME GET INTO THE OFFICE. I'VE BEEN READING ABOUT YOUR LIVES IN THE REAL WORLD........BUT JUST NOT UP TO COMMENTING ON ALL THE STUFF I WANTED TOO.

THANKS FOR CARING ABOUT ME

I'LL BE BACK SOON. :blink::unsure:B);)

HUGS

JUDY

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Duh, what's a blankie. I had still have a small stuffed bear, about four inches tall. He is blind, since my mother pulled his eyes out so I would not choke on them. :angry:

:lol: Oracle said DUH!!!!!!!!!

but :o blind, maimed teddy bear? :unsure: but also somehow :lol: in a bittersweet way

and he still has it!!!!!!!!!!

so cute

(still got me 47-year-old Pooh in storage in garage)

Have you considered sedation dentistry? They can gas you, clean your teeth, and you ne'er feel a thing, and then your mouth isn't numb all day.

May I ask why you need numbing for a cleaning? :(

:( because I have no enamel on back molars, exposed roots/nerves? and severe gum recession in back - - thrice a year ( by advisement) cleanings are terribly painful but necessary.

I CHOOSE to go to the dental college here, MUCH better cleaning than medieval Western Dental, which is covered under my plan. Very thorough cleaning and full x-rays for $20. Far superior (and very long and arduous, but worth it) to the very superficial cleaning in any dentist's office.

But heinous :( they do NOT offer that superbly fabulous laughing gas, or sedation....had that laughing gas for seven years in Monterey, practically even if I just went by to say HI. :lol: Most phab thing ever, took me RIGHT to my magic place and....I used to ask them if I could just buy a tank of that stuff and carry it 'round with me all the time. :lol:

Where's Jules???? MUST tell her of the cutest movie I watched tonight!!! (Noel, w/ Penelope Cruz - trite and predictable but enjoyable)

JUDITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, so sorry about your terrible pain and illness, at least you can cough now? This sounds bad. :( Take care of thine self, honey, and get lots of rest.....

off to bed

:)

Last day of 2008 tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see this year go! Anyone have exciting plans? (I NEVER go out on New Year's)

elye Community Regular

Good final 2008 morn, Psillies!!

I dunno if I'm happy or not to see the end of this year......some great things, wonderful life/family events as per usual (I'm a very lucky girl with a wonderful life :) ), mixed with some not-so-great stuff, methinks. The passage of time, at this point in the game for me, brings a feeling of melancholy, perhaps of quiet despondence, as the clock ticks on . . . .. .....if I'm lucky, I'm about halfway through .. .. . ... :unsure::mellow:

'Nuff!! 'Nuff!! Boy, think I'll be having a few drinks tonight. . . . ... :lol:

I have this most insane mental picture of a mother-figure calmly, slowly pulling out of the drive, then when she's far enough away to not be seen or heard.....really cranking the radio to something like Bohemian Rhapsody.......bombing and bouncing away down the road singing away....when the radio just can't take it anymore.... bursts into flame and quits forever more. Leaving a legacy of mystery and questions unanswered! <giggle behind the hand face> :rolleyes:

Oh, dear gawd. . .... :lol::lol: You would be larfing SO much more if you knew her!

Actually, I could perhaps see this, really, if she stumbled upon CBC radio and began to hear Shostakovich or Rachmaninov..... ..hmmm......nope, she would not. That would be ME. MIL would never turn up a radio to bask in the glory of swelling music of ANY kind. EVAH. <_<:rolleyes:

But she is quite hard of hearing, so there may be something to this. . .......must ponder. Car goes to the dealership Friday. :angry:

Duh, what's a blankie. I had still have a small stuffed bear, about four inches tall. He is blind, since my mother pulled his eyes out so I would not choke on them.

:lol::lol::(

POeter!! Such a bittersweet, somehow hilarious li'l tale. . . . . ..

Last day of 2008 tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see this year go! Anyone have exciting plans? (I NEVER go out on New Year's)

YES!! Somewhere without MIL!!!! A small gathering at my oldest friend's home. Wine, fattening nibblies, and in the background (joy! NOT MIL's voice!) the Canada-U.S. Junior hockey match-up. You Yanks must all watch wif me. . . ....... :)

Archived