17 replies to this topic

#16 corinne

corinne

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:05 PM

I wasn't getting better so I went on a very strict diet for about two weeks - boiled carrots, lean meat and applesauce. I now (going on 10 months) eat no raw veggies or fruit, no high-fiber veggies, no soy, no dairy, no grains (including corn and rice), no potatoes or other starchy foods, no sugar, no acidic food, no spicy foods.

Honestly, I feel so much better that it hasn't been as hard as it sounds. I snack on bananas or applesauce or avocaodos. I run, hike and climb and I eat about 6 meals a day to make sure get enough calories and don't get hungry.

I do go out to eat with friends. Most of the time I eat first (have some applesauce etc in the car) or some places I know I can eat safely. A few favourite restaurants will steam carrots for me and will clean the grill before cooking either meat or fish.

I do get a lot of questions from people who don't know me. Mostly, what DO you eat?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Simply_V

Simply_V

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:29 AM

I am still unraveling my mystery.
Before I was celiac I became vegetarian. 25 years ago.
I eliminated eggs, (except in bake goods and noodles) about 15 years ago.
I was diagnosed celiac 5 years ago. Stopped gluten. I got really sick for 2 years.
I ended up not being able to keep anything down.
That made the elimination thing easier.
I began with white potato, margerine, salt, water. 3 months later I realized the iodine in the salt was a problem.
For 3 months I tried to eat a balanced gluten free vegetarian diet with out processed foods. I was still sick.
I eliminated dairy. I was still sick. I eliminated night shade vegetables. I was still sick. But realized white potato gives me a rash and makes me itch.
I eliminated salycilcates(wrong spelling). I am still sick. Adding enzymes, right now. I am also wondering about corn and soy. I am avoiding them right now just because I want to check to see if they are having any effect.

Being a member for only one week has given me direction, hope, and the understanding that was so lacking. Thanks everyone!

Something you may not know ... Iodized salt has corn in it. They use dextrose (corn) to bind the iodine to the salt. A lot of corn allergic people react to it.

If you want to learn more about avoiding corn, go to the link at the bottom of my signature. There are several links there that can help you.
V
Severe airborne allergies since childhood. Was on constant antihisamines with behavior issues. Digestion issues started noticably around 1985.
1992 IBS diagnosis.
2004 Corn allergy - through diet discovery.
2005 RAST negative to all food allergies. High cholesterol diagnosed as PCOS.
2006 Immunolabs ELISA and IgE assay:
IgE to Corn, Milk, Eggs, & White Bean.
IgG to peppers, blk/wt pepper, beans, almonds, yeasts.
Neg. to Celiac, gluten, etc. High IgA level.
2008 No longer considered as having PCOS, or associated risks.

Currently avoiding corn, eggs, cow & goat milk, all beans (cept some soy derivatives & peanut oil), cruciferous veggies, onions/garlic, carrots/celery, anything bilberry/cranberry/blueberry, peppers, and anything remotely corn derived, corntaminated.

Currently off all allergy medications for airborne allergies and breathing fine.

#18 Budew

Budew

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:25 AM

Wow corn binds salt. I have a lot to learn, thanks for the site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: