This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Let's Add What State We Are From To Our Signature

Daisy Duke

Daisy Duke Explorer

I was enjoying reading about the Spring weather in one of the topics today, but it would be so nice to know where you are talking about. Let's add our State to our signature, and that way we know a little more about each person.

Daisy Duke

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

I posted in that thread--never thought to say where I'm from because it's in my username :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star

And an option in your descriptor section.

Viola 1 Rookie

Good Idea!

To put which state you are from is great, but it really makes the forum easier if you at least put which country you are from as the products are so different from the U.S., Canada, England etc.

Even the same products, with the same name and box design will have different ingredients. So when you are answering a post, it's great to be able to see which country the poster is from :P

Daisy Duke Explorer

I guess I'm too stupid to figure out how to put a signature with my name. So that is why my state is not there.

Daisy Duke

Viola 1 Rookie
I guess I'm too stupid to figure out how to put a signature with my name. So that is why my state is not there.

Daisy Duke

Hush, don't be so hard on yourself! You are most certainly NOT stupid. It's just something that you haven't learned how to do yet. And we must learn something everyday to keep us healthy and reasonably sane :lol: And if the truth be known, we've all had to have it explained to us sometime.

So ... scroll up to the top of this page that you are in. You will see you user name up on the left hand side. click on that and it will take you to your personal page. When you get to that click on "my controls" And then along the left there will be a menu. Scroll down until you see "edit signature" and you can put what ever you like :D

I'm sure there are several other ways of doing it, but that's how I get there :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient
And an option in your descriptor section.

:lol: I forgot!! :ph34r:

Yep, there it is... :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ursa Major Collaborator
I was enjoying reading about the Spring weather in one of the topics today, but it would be so nice to know where you are talking about. Let's add our State to our signature, and that way we know a little more about each person.

Daisy Duke

If you go to 'my controls', then to 'edit profile information', you scroll down to 'my location' and put it in, click on 'amend my profile', and it will appear on the left hand side below your avatar.

happygirl Collaborator

Some people don't feel comfortable with that "identifying" information, so they don't have it included in their descriptor section. Its a personal choice as to how much people feel safe with posting information.

Ursa Major Collaborator
Some people don't feel comfortable with that "identifying" information, so they don't have it included in their descriptor section. Its a personal choice as to how much people feel safe with posting information.

Well, that's why I don't put the name of my town, because it's a fairly small town. With putting what I do you sort of get an idea of where I am, but Ontario is huge (just about as big as all of Germany), so I feel it is safe to put my province and country.

Daisy Duke Explorer

Thank You Viola and Ursa Major - I think I got it in there! And thanks for the advice, I know I am ot stupid, it's just some days things don't come that easy for me. Thank you.

Daisy Duke

Jestgar Rising Star

Daisy Duke

If I were clever enough to remember how I did it the first time I would have written a description :D

jennyj Collaborator
If you go to 'my controls', then to 'edit profile information', you scroll down to 'my location' and put it in, click on 'amend my profile', and it will appear on the left hand side below your avatar.

This has nothing to do with the thread but I haven't seen the name "Oma" since I was little, brings back memories if it means what I think it does.

Ursa Major Collaborator
This has nothing to do with the thread but I haven't seen the name "Oma" since I was little, brings back memories if it means what I think it does.

It's German for Grandma (Dutch as well). So, it isn't my name, just who I am to little Hanna and the other little sweeties I call my grandchildren. :D

Archived