46 replies to this topic

#46 Jenniferxgfx

Jenniferxgfx

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:15 PM

Whey protein is from milk which he may not tolerate right now if it's indeed celiac.

glutenfree since 6/2011. sick for 30 years.

borderline blood test, negative biopsy.

SEVERELY sensitive celiac with DH. sensitive to contact and ingestion.

asthma (was severe; improved exponentially after 6/11)

spina bifida & childhood SCI at L4/L5 (possibly complicated by weak bones)

countless fractures and infections.

i once listed over 100 symptoms or conditions that improved or were eliminated after 6/11.

very vegan. and, of course, i've also discovered some other food allergies.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 heidi g.

heidi g.

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:11 AM

if there is a kmart by u they sell loafs of gluten free bread. u should put him on the "brat diet" (my mom calls is that) its toast, applesauce, rice, herbal tea (no coffee) etc. stay away from heavy meats such as chicken, definitely ground beef, and steak. i found fresh fish with boiled spinach to be helpful and eggs for protein. my symptoms come and go even if i follow the diet so i always eat healthy and light. unfortunately i look like a tooth pick but i been looking up Chinese and Asian recipes because alot of theirs involves recipes with rice and i never see them have stomach problems lol. but potatoes can also be really heavy and hard to digest when your stomach is on fire. id suggest talking to a nutritionist and they have those at hospitals so she can make him a food plan asap becuase the nutritionist would know exactly how to help his stomach. the hospitals have become crap i went to 12 different ones before someone finally had an idea what was wrong with me! see several doctors so you can get different opinions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: