4 replies to this topic

#1 BamBam

BamBam

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:54 AM

As we figure out the different things that we can and cannot eat, I think we need to realize that we are introducing so many new things to our system at one time. We have rice flour, tapioca flour, buckwheat, amaranth, nut flours, bean flours, corn starch, soy flour, flax seed and so many many things. And yet, some of us still have problems with stomach and abdominal issues. So, I guess, I think we should slow down a little bit and introduce these things slowly so that we can tell if some of these new things are bothering our insides.

I am in such a rush in todays world to fix everything and be able to substitute what I need to in my diet with new things, I might die if I don't have bread or pretzels or snack items! ;) I want to be like everyone else and eat what they are eating or at least substitute something so that I can fit in. As we all know, food is a huge social item in our culture and by God I want to fit in. But at the same time, as I mentioned above, we are introducing so many new things at one time to our bodies. So for the next month or so, I am slowing way down. My mother had a wonderful quote when I was little, "Everything in moderation."

Thanks for listening!

BamBam
Montana
Self-diagnosed after many tests and no results to feel better
Gluten Free since 8-6-2005
Lactose free for many years
Casein Free since 02/14/06

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 watkinson

watkinson

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:23 AM

Hi BamBam,

Good thoughts! :)
I never thought about the fact that we are intrducing new foods to our diets and what ramifications that could hold. Maybe that IS why some of us still have digestion problems. I mean, some of the flours I use now, I never even heard of before. :huh:

It's funny..."Everything in moderation"....I've always said too! :lol:

Wendy

#3 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:26 AM

good thoughts bam bam...i do believe our bodies weren't designed with a million different foods and products in mind! hope you are feeling better!
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

#4 terri

terri

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:19 AM

I think I read somewhere that guar gum and xanthium gum are not digestable. Has anyone else read that? And isn't tapioca something of a laxative too? Maybe that's why we still have issues. There are too many days when I have 6 or 7 bowel movements and to my mind, there should be only one... <_<
Terri
Northern Virginia

gluten-free since March 27, 2004

#5 Kasey'sMom

Kasey'sMom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:40 AM

I've been giving this some concern as well. I'll give you an example of what we found. After my dd stopped nursing we put her on organic cows milk. Then her Dr. suggested we try organic soy milk and we did. She didn't tolerate soy and I became a little concern about some of the things I had read so we switched to almond milk. Now after being tested she is allergic/intolerant to dairy, soy and almonds. We're now doing rice milk and on occasion DariFree. She's not drinking a great deal of milk but I found that she gets rice or rice flour almost daily. I've been wondering if a rotaton diet would be effective to use while the body is healing but I can't seem to stick with the menu I plan. :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: