17 replies to this topic

#16 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

I'd also take this as a learning experience.

I'd buy my own food and prepare it myself if i was in that situation.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 srall

srall

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

Another coping thing struck me. My daughter and your son are both nine. We started a little game called McDonald's day. You know those days where you just want to drive through the drive thru instead of making everything from scratch? Or everyone else is eating treats and making cookies and while your gluten free cookies are okay...it's just not the same. Or you're like me or my daughter and you can't tolerate those either? Well, maybe we go to Target and buy a $10 little toy or goofy thing. Or we watch too much t.v. on a restricted day. When we were at TG last year (at our family reunion) and all the kids were going crazy at the TG buffet we went to, my husband let L. pick out a stuffed animal at the store the next day. I know it's probably bad to fill that hole with stuff, but man I feel sorry for my daughter sometimes when she's having to pass at every birthday party, pizza party, halloween, family dinner, dinner out. But as I said, it doesn't have to be monetary. Sometimes just saying....let's watch a movie on a Tuesday after school is very therapeutic.

#18 Coryad

Coryad

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

I can only roll my eyes. She obviously has no clue.... I would do as the others have said and just quietly bring my own food. YOU are not making a huge deal the fake SIL is, so just carry on :D

I have not really come across anyone giving me crap because I have to eat a little differently. We were invited to a neighbors house for a birthday party yesterday and they went to the store and bought me gluten-free pasta so I could have something other than salad..... hows that for friendship??
Cory

Diagnosed Celiac 4/12 due to DH
Eliminated food molds 1/12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: