This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Stopping In To Say Hello!

love2travel

love2travel Mentor

I am alive and well - just very busy.  We are preparing for our gigantic move to Croatia in May which means listing and selling our house, vehicles, trying to decide what to take along (we are very restricted with space) and what to leave behind; what to sell and what to donate. We have no idea how many years we will be there but we are planning on many.  We do hope to visit family every summer in Canada which will be great.  We are also working through residency issues, learning the language, and so on.  We will soon be saying our farewells to family and friends (and our precious dog we only have for a few more weeks).   I have always been sentimental but am more now than ever.  However, thankfully there is Skype.  :)

Just wanted to give you a brief update.  Once settled, I will become a regular again. 

All the best, everyone!  :D  I have missed you.  :(  Be well.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cyclinglady Grand Master

Enjoy!

I will look forward to your yummy recipe postings and travel tips!

Gemini Experienced

I was wondering what happened to you!  How exciting it is to start a new chapter in your life. Good luck with the move and we look forward to hearing from you again.  Your food input is sorely missed!  :D  It's good to know that our Julia Child of c.com is comin' back!

IrishHeart Veteran

I am glad you have kept me up to date on email and I can truly understand the "I'm in the middle of moving and my head is spinning" thinger and why it takes you away from c.com. But, you know we are always here for you and I will remind you that I am on skype and I look forward to your missives from Croatia, dear girl.

Just take one day at a time. It will all work out in the end. Give me a shout on email when you have time.

And you have my phone number if you start to think "omg, this is nuts!" and I will tell you..."no, it isn't and once you land,

you will be the happiest girl on the planet!" ;)  Big giant hugs to you & D and just hang in there.

Miss and love ya, G.

bartfull Rising Star

When I moved I brought hardly anything with me. I sat and reminisced over just about every item before deciding whether to give it away, sell it, or throw it away. It took me FOREVER!

I'm sorry about the dog but I'm sure you've found it a good home.

And there's nothing like that feeling you get when you're finally HOME. You may be going through a rough time now, but once you're finally there and starting your new life it will be worth it and then some.

And for purley SELFISH reasons, I can't wait until you're settled in and back posting here on a regular basis. :D

love2travel Mentor

Thanks for your lovely comments!  Yes, it is actually a little rough at this point, trying to get things accomplished while under the emotional stress of leaving family behind.  But we both know Croatia is where we belong, where we feel the most at home and the healthiest.  I look forward to settling in and cooking with astonishingly fresh and local ingredients including food from the sea!  :D

Gemini Experienced

Make sure you get that guest bedroom set up or have a good B & B in town for guests to stay at because Croatia would be very doable as a vacation choice if I knew where the good gluten-free food was!  :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived