John Burlingame

Is There A Soy And Gluten Free Benadryl

Rate this topic

They do not all have soy.  This one has corn syrup though.  Zzzquil is the same drug as Benadryl. Diphenhydramine hydrochloride (sp?).  I get the liquid. here is the ingredient list. http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=e441c952-cd48-4159-ada2-271ca7541600

I usually take it "just in case" when I am going to someones house and they have ANY food put out. It makes me a bit sleepy, and it doesnt always work (because corn is an allergy of mine).  Soy free and cheaper in any case.

There are essential oils and herbal remedies you can use instead that are healthier and don't have any gluten, dairy, soy, nuts or anything since it's just the pure oil or herb. 

EO's are not going to do ANYTHING for an allergic reaction.  To suggest so is dangerous. 

There is a great website, www.glutenfreemeds.com  It won't tell you about soy, dairy, nuts, etc. but it does give you a pretty complete list of drugs both RX and OTC that contain gluten.  They also keep it up to date.

As of 2016, when I bought the Zzzquil that I used just recently, it is NOT gluten free. My reaction was so severe that it woke me up within a couple of hours, and even though I was so groggy I couldn't think straight, there was no mistaking the symptoms. I'm extra sensitive and can't eat gluten-free products that have some gluten but less than 20ppm, so some of you who are less sensitive may have no problem with it. I take the Equate brand diphenhydramine pills with no reaction, but they are from a few years ago, as well.