• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

lately i've been waking up from very vivid dreams where I'll have been eating something glutenfull. in the dream, i'll always realize suddenly that I shouldn't be eating this, but it's too late.

sometimes i'll spit it way out, like across the room

otherwise it will be too late.

as an ex smoker, i've had the same dreams about smoking again

sometimes, i've even had a single dream where i'm smoking and eating a piece of white bread (of all boring things)

anyone else experience eating gluten while dreaming?

anyone at least eating something better than boring old white bread?

sweet dreams...

rg

Once in a while I'll have a dream where I'm eating something gluten-full and yummy and then realize what I'm doing and panic. Then I usually wake up.

I also get dreams where I am eating gluten. I just had one the other night! I think I was eating a granola bar or something and this time I don't think I was spitting it out. I usually take one bite of a cookie in my dreams and just spit them out right away.

anyone else experience eating gluten while dreaming?

anyone at least eating something better than boring old white bread?

sweet dreams...

rg

At least you get to EAT the gluten...in my dreams, there are brownies, cookies, hamburgers, good gluten-y junk food, and I just see it, but don't ever get to have any of it, even while sleeping. :( Funny, never dreamed about food in my entire life until now.....

When I first went gluten-free I had a dream that I was being held hostage by people who had copious amounts of gluten. The had me tied to a chair and were forcing cakes, cookies, pies, and bread into my mouth. I kept trying to spit it out while I was crying.

That is SO WEIRD -- I just had a gluten dream last night! I was working at a location where we were on-site somewhere and we ate and slept there, and the fridge was full but every single thing in there had gluten in it. Cookies, cake, etc... and then someone came up with POP-TARTS and was telling me how great they were, a new variety with chocolate chips baked into the bread/crust part! Nobody cared that I couldn't eat, and I was trying to find someone to cover my work for me while I went out to the store because I was starting to get hungry.

I didn't eat any of the food in my dream, but I sure was annoyed at them for being so obnoxious about it... hehe! It hasn't even been three weeks yet and already I'm dreaming of gluten! I wonder if I would have had a reaction to it in my dream if I had eaten it... :)

I dreamed last nite that I was sitting at a table eating Mexican food with everyone else. I think it was Taco Bell because my daughter had some the other nite. I only had about 2 bites left when I remember I wasn't supposed to eat that. I woke up panicking, of course.

It was so real though. I could actually smell and taste the food. Yum !!!

When I first got sick with CFIDS/FM, I had a repetitive dream that I started taking classes at a college and never could find the class rooms or the dean so I could officially drop out.

Thanks for posting this ... Marcia

When I first went gluten-free I had a dream that I was being held hostage by people who had copious amounts of gluten. The had me tied to a chair and were forcing cakes, cookies, pies, and bread into my mouth. I kept trying to spit it out while I was crying.

lol!! :lol: I do have gluten-full dreams too, in which I mistakenly eat pizza or the like then feel really guilty. I guess it's the perfectionist coming out in me ;) Wish my gluten dreams were as exciting as yours Rusla!

I get gluten dreams too. Not very often, but once in a while.

Just like everyone else I'm in some situation, chewing away on some gluten type food when OH SH*T I remember I can't eat that stuff!!!! Then my mind starts racing, I get anxious, my heart starts racing (maybe for real I'm not sure!), and I really start freaking out as I start thinking about the next 2-3 days of suffering.......then luckily I wake up, and thank God it was only a dream!

OMG Rusla, that sounds terrifying!!!!

It's so funny! I've heard from a lot of people that we all have the dream/nightmare about a temporary lapse in awareness where we eat gluten! It's strange that this disease manifests itself in dreams the same way for so many people! :lol:

Lately I have had some different dreams regarding celiac disease that have actually been pretty good! In both dreams I was on vacation when I stumbled upon gluten-free heaven! In one dream it came in the form of a all gluten-free grocery store. Some local people told me about it and when I went to check it out, it had all kinds of gluten-free stuff that I had never seen anywhere else! Pita bread, raviolli, a gluten-free sub shop....the list goes on! I stocked my cart up with everything I could grab and headed up to the checkout with my stuff. When I got there though, they rang it and it all cost $4,000.00! I was stunned....but that's when this cute guy in my dream showed up and picked up the tab! :lol: My hubby doesn't know about that part :ph34r:

In the other dream I was walking along a boardwalk next to the beach in some Mediterranian location (not a bad start!). There were a lot of little restaurants linning the walk with menus outside so you could check it out before you came in. I walked past one place, and something caught my eye. The sign outside had some of the familiar screen names from this site on it listed as owners and everything was gluten-free!! I ran inside and it was just a little over the counter Italian food place. There were all kinds of great looking pasta dishes! I got the ravioli, and some stuffed shells to go! :D

I'm new and have only been (almost) gluten-free for about 2 weeks now but I have already had a gluten dream. Mine was a little different, though. In my dream my customer (I work with developmentally disabled people) and my mother were both eating all kinds of cereal and oatmeal and things. So, for the rest of the dream, I was screaming at them to stop and that they weren't supposed to be eating gluten, but they just ignored me! <_<

:lol: I had a dream that I was having a roll at a great local steakhouse that is known for their fresh bread and I took a bite of it, and then spit it out! It was so weird. I woke up with a smile and laughed about it all day!