This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Carla,

It definately sounds like you're herxing. I cant wait to hear what the LLMD has to say about all this.

I wonder whats gonna happen to me when I get on the Nystatin?? :unsure:

I've got alot of energy right now...like you cant tell from my mile-long posts. :P

When I feel sick I dont post much....so you guys will know something is up if all of a sudden I become more of a "lurker". I might be herxing.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
I didn't have an ounce of cellulite following that diet and I had already had all our kids ... even skinny people have cellulite when they're storing all kinds of bad stuff in their bodies.

OMG...right after I got sick I started gaining weight...it was kind of cool because of the "bonus" that comes with weight gain. All of a sudden I had some curves. :)

Anyways, I kept gaining and some nights I was looking about 6 or 7 months preganant before I went to bed....but normal again in the morning. :huh:

About that time I noticed cellulite. :blink:

I started thinking I was getting problems because I was on disability and not moving around as much. I had quite a bit of cellulite that just showed up out of nowhere. :unsure:

I ended up ordering an exersize machine off of an infomercial I saw. :lol:

I was worried that I would just never stop gaining weight. Who knew I would have this drastic turnaround and wind up at 94 lbs. and looking like a stick figure. :blink:

I dont have the cellulite anymore but I dont have too many curves either. :(

Do you think the cellulite was because my body was holding onto alot of toxins?? :huh:

That was at the time where I was really bad off as far as my symptoms.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Alison's on a roll tonight, that's for sure! Keep it up, laughing is good for the soul.

Rachel, I did it the other way around ... prior to gluten intolerance, I used some of the Garden of Life supplements and LOVED them. The probiotics were awesome, but also contain gluten. I really think Primal Defense was key for me in getting rid of candida. I read the book because I liked the supplements so well. I can see how if you did it the other way around, it would seem offensive. I actually experienced "retracing" on the Primal Defense. Prior to that I always thought retracing was a bunch of huey ... but I went through every symptom I'd ever had when I started taking it ... some of the symptoms I had forgotten about until they came back.

Laura, I'll PM you the name of the doc. I'm glad you're enjoying your Church group. That's important. Sorry you're feeling bad again. Let's hope it's a "healing crisis" not a relapse. :)

Rachel, I'm sure you'll feel bad when you start the Nystatin ... I wish I could say differently. The other day when I was hurting and went to the gym anyway, I kept thinking "Die, suckers, die!" to keep motivated!! :P Just knowing you're feeling bad to get better makes it mentally easier, which makes you heal faster ... good attitudes are important! Prepare for it ... buy food, rent movies, etc. Get comfy, relax. Take a sauna if you can. I think my sauna helped during the herx since it let the toxins out my skin. Normally the sauna makes me lightly herx, so feeling better when I got out was a treat. And make sure your cat isn't locked in your room so that you CAN spend the weekend relaxing rather than cleaning up your bedroom turned litter box!!! :P

Anonymousgurl Contributor

Carla- Thank GOODNESS someone else has experienced the eye twitching! LoL I thought I was going CRAZY!

Rachel- That kind of happened to me too! Right around the time I started to get really really sick..I bloated like a balloon even though I was barely eating anything anymore. My face was the worst...anyone experience that not-so-attractive fact bloat? LoL. But then I had that same drastic drop too! I dropped to 83 at 5'7. That wasn't too attractive either. LoL. But as I gain back I still get that horrible "7 months pregnant" belly at night. LoL. Also not that cute.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Do you think the cellulite was because my body was holding onto alot of toxins?? :huh:

That was at the time where I was really bad off as far as my symptoms.

I really think that's what it is. I am thin and I have some :angry::ph34r: and I know when I was really on a detoxing diet before I got sick I didn't have any. In the sauna information they talk about far infrared saunas helping get rid of it because the sauna makes the fat release the toxins. Even as devoted as I was/am in the gym, I still had some ... not a lot, but enough to bother me. I guess I really need to get on a cleaner diet. I eat well, but I could be better ... I still have some detoxing to do!

Mango04 Enthusiast
I'm gonna join your campaign Meredith.....
wooohoooooo!...gosh that book you read must have been really persuassive :lol:

although I probably wont hang up anti-dairy flyers on the restroom doors.

:ph34r:

Hear me now!.....when I can eat alot of "wholesome" foods and "drink" my veggies and eat a yam or sweet potato without getting all crazy...I gonna give up my ice cream! Well...except for an "occasional" treat.

I do hope you will soon be able to drink some veggies and eat a yam without...getting all crazy but :lol: that is just the funniest sentence ever....

AndreaB Contributor
Why does fruit get sweeter as it ripens? The complex carbs are fermenting into simpler and sweeter ones, which are then fermented further as yeast evolves and the fruit is actually turning into alcohol and mold....basically its rotting.

Fruit juice is even worse as the sugars are more concentrated and the fiber is lost. Most is processed and pasteurized ...and almost always made from second quality fruits. The stuff that was too damaged, diseased or dirty to sell whole. They are already loaded with harmful microforms and mycotoxins.

No other animal species drinks milk beyond infancy....and certainly not from a species outside their own. :blink:

We switched to pear juice for the children since we went off of all milks. :ph34r:

Have to agree about the milk quote I left up.

Wait a minute, WAIT A MINUTE!!! Milk has MSG??????? I must have missed something.... :blink:

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks Rachel for clearing that up. :)

One of my favorite things that H. Diamond wrote was that cows have four (I think it's four) stomachs to digest milk ... some humans who drink milk look like they do! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, he needs a punch more than the doctor.

I'd be livid with that child! Don't know what I'd do to make his life more miserable but I'm sure you'll think of something. :)

Well let me tell you what I think...

just kidding. :lol:

M, good to see you!

Whatever it is, sure has me GOOD.

I'm sorry Laura. :( I hope this doesn't turn as bad as before and that you start getting some answers.

OK, now that I FINALLY caught up....I need to get off of here.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast
I'd be livid with that child! Don't know what I'd do to make his life more miserable but I'm sure you'll think of something. :)

I really don't think it's possible to make his life more miserable ... he's been stealing money from his older brother, lying almost daily, trying to do what he can to get out of doing the work he should be doing -- like forging our initials on the reading log -- sometimes he works more going to the lengths he does to avoid work! He's had several detentions already.

This kid used to be so good, too! He was so sweet and helpful. Teachers used to say they wanted to bring him home with them! Now it's a complete turnaround.

His life is so miserable from the constant trouble he's in that I seriously don't know what else we can do. He's already very restricted and not trusted at all.

The hard part for me is just not having the energy to deal with it ... his older brother acted like this for a long time, but snapped out of it when he hit 15 and is a genuinely good teenager. So, there is hope ... but I hate to think about his teenage years if he doesn't snap out of it!!

I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow at school. I sent his teacher an email reminding him that the punishment for the second offense of forgery is an in school suspension. When we spoke on the phone, they weren't sure what was going to happen except that the principal was going to try to scare him a little. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Oh, Rachel, can you please say again what article you are quoting regarding the correlation between candida albicans and the development of the gluten antibodies. If it is several, can you let me know where you found them and if they are available on the internet or not. I'd like to print them off and send them to my doctor before I go and see him next week. I want to give him plenty of time to digest everything I'm planning on hitting him with when I get there.

Dang! I just realized that I forgot to ask my BioSET lady about Canada! :(

Sorry Lauralee....I'll make sure I ask her next time.

Ok....here are some links.

Open Original Shared Link

Heres another article...I couldnt put up a link for it.

Crohn
AndreaB Contributor
I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow at school. I sent his teacher an email reminding him that the punishment for the second offense of forgery is an in school suspension. When we spoke on the phone, they weren't sure what was going to happen except that the principal was going to try to scare him a little. :P

Keep me posted if you will. You can pm or email me if you want.

I wish I had some clue as to helping you with this. :( Having little or no energy certainly doesn't help as it gets completely drained trying to deal with situations like this.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
And make sure your cat isn't locked in your room so that you CAN spend the weekend relaxing rather than cleaning up your bedroom turned litter box!!! :P

OMG...that would suck to have to deal with while herxing! :blink:

Thanks for the reminder!

Yeah....I'm thinking the same thing..."Die suckers die!!" :lol:

I took Primal Defense (2 capsules) and I thought I might die! Its was a horribble reaction.....not sure if it was die-off or something in the capsules. A couple months later I found out they werent gluten-free but I still dont know what caused the reactions. <_< There were others on the candida board who had terrible reactions as well...one person ended up in the hospital. :o

I'm sure there were molds in the Primal Defense as well.....so its hard to say what the heck went wrong. I took the stuff back to Whole Foods and got a refund.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Keep me posted if you will. You can pm or email me if you want.

I wish I had some clue as to helping you with this. :( Having little or no energy certainly doesn't help as it gets completely drained trying to deal with situations like this.

Since we went through it with his older brother, it's not as shocking as it would have been otherwise, so I think that helps a bit. I was much more emotionally involved in dealing with his older brother than I am now. Now, I want him to be a good person with integrity, but I realize that it's his decision ... all I can do is punish him for misbehavior, teach him good behavior, be a good example, etc. In the end, he has to decide. It also helps that in the end his brother chose to be a good person. :P I know Jack will come around. He's just testing to see what he can get away with ... soon he's going to find out the answer is NOTHING!!!

I'll keep you posted. I'm supposed to be sleeping ... I'll be in SO much trouble if Adam comes upstairs!! He's working on a job quote due tomorrow ... so I'd better say good night ladies!!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel- That kind of happened to me too! Right around the time I started to get really really sick..I bloated like a balloon even though I was barely eating anything anymore. My face was the worst...anyone experience that not-so-attractive fact bloat? LoL. But then I had that same drastic drop too! I dropped to 83 at 5'7. That wasn't too attractive either. LoL. But as I gain back I still get that horrible "7 months pregnant" belly at night. LoL. Also not that cute.

OMG...yeah...my face is still not totally bloat-free. Noone can tell except me but if I put two pictures next to each other you can see the difference. My face is "bigger" now. Thats the only way I can get people to *see* it....with pictures....but I can *feel* it. When my face was really bloated it was actually painful...its not just typical bloating because I actually get tissue swelling all over my head...its from all the allergies I have.

Stupid Candida. :angry:

CarlaB Enthusiast
I took Primal Defense (2 capsules) and I thought I might die! Its was a horribble reaction.....not sure if it was die-off or something in the capsules. A couple months later I found out they werent gluten-free but I still dont know what caused the reactions. <_< There were others on the candida board who had terrible reactions as well...one person ended up in the hospital. :o

I worked up to the full dose very slowly. I did have a reaction, but think it was probably a die off of candida as I had it pretty badly at the time. Eventually I noticed a connection between running out of Primal Defense and feeling bad again, so I'd drive all the way into town when we lived out in the sticks just to buy it if I ran out.

Scary that someone ended up in the hospital ... wonder if they tried to start off with too much ... would that be like starting with 30 drops of Samento a day? I'm up to that now, but I was reacting to one drip at first.

Primal Defense is NOT gluten-free!! So, that may have been part of the problem.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, since you have energy, you're not really a "sick" girl ... you're lots of fun just so long as your not around things that you're allergic to. Maybe you should keep one of these guys! Be sure they don't need a "needy" girl though, I bet when you're completely healthy you're far from "needy." ;)

Nope...I cant stand "neediness". <_<

It really sucked because the first 2 years I was sick I felt totally weak and needy and hyper sensitive and all of the things that are so opposite of what I've always been. I didnt know myself anymore and I hated being that way. I actually couldnt stand to be around myself. :(

Another reason I dont want a relationship right now...I dont feel totally like myself yet. Some days I still feel weak....but at least noone else has to see it. ;)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
And yet, I still can't leave the stupid fruit alone. STUPID MOLD! I know (or am nearly 95% positive) that I have mold inside the walls in my bathroom. I ALWAYS test positive for mold...I did on my scratch skin test, and I did on the first food allergy testing I had done, and BioSET went crazy with the molds for me. I've been in denial. :ph34r:

Donna....yikes about the mold in your bathroom. :blink:

I'm so terrified of mold right now I keep worrying about stuff like that. :ph34r:

Not good.....the Dr. said FEAR is not good. :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Except my kid ... you can come punch him for me ... I don't want to go to jail. He's been forging my husband's initials on his "refrigerator reading" every day, every week, all school year!

I'm only into punching moronic doctors. :P

What is a refridgerator reading?? :unsure:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I hope everyone is feeling and doing well. How are all of you?

Peace....I'm feeling pretty good for someone who's allergic to *everything*. :D

I'm gonna start on Nystatin this weekend so I think I might go through some die-off. I hope you're feeling better??

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I have no idea why....hence, no advice to give, other than... its not just in your head ;) (sorry, I couldn't resist).

:lol::lol: Thank goodness for that!!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Its a start though....thats what I keep telling myself. I was really excited at the thought of doing some normal things...and now its getting hard to work (could only work a few hours yesterday)...and hard to not "know" how I'm going to feel again. Whatever it is, sure has me GOOD.

Laura,

{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Its great that you're getting out and going to bible study. Doing normal things that you enjoy are really gonna help...even if you cant really tell that its helping. Its good for you....and it has a healing effect. :)

It is a start...it really is. You're ruling things out and even if you dont have *the* answer yet...you are still getting *some* answers. Each step brings you a little bit closer.

I agree about the heavy metals only being an issue because of whatever else is going on. Hang in there with the testing and everything else...one of these times something is gonna show up.

Are you seeing an LLMD right now?? I cant remember who it is that you're seeing.

I'm sorry you're not feeling good right now and whatever is causing this...I hope it gets solved soon. I'll say some prayers for you. :wub:

Hope Eric is taking good care of you. :)

EDIT:

Oh yeah....I never posted on LymeNet but if I do you'll know its me....my name is Rachel--24. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
He's just testing to see what he can get away with ... soon he's going to find out the answer is NOTHING!!!

Yeah!!! See....you're still dealing with things....maybe not with as much energy as you used to have...but you're still handling it. ;)

The Lyme arent gonna continue having their way.....and neither is Jack!!! :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Primal Defense is NOT gluten-free!! So, that may have been part of the problem.

Yeah...I wasnt trying to be gluten-free at the time because my focus was on candida. I just happened to be gluten-free by default because of the diet....but I wasnt looking into supplements or anything like that. A few months later when I found this board and got my Enterolab results I started thinking of my most severe reactions and if there could have been gluten involved. Thats when I found out the Primal Defense wasnt gluten-free. I guess it could have been die-off and gluten both causing a reaction.

Eliza13 Contributor

What is herxing? Makes me think of hexing. LOL.

NoGluGirl Contributor
Wow, so much to answer! Hope I remember it all!!

I was just thinking of Julie yesterday and wondering where she was. I hope she's feeling better soon!

Rachel, since you have energy, you're not really a "sick" girl ... you're lots of fun just so long as your not around things that you're allergic to. Maybe you should keep one of these guys! Be sure they don't need a "needy" girl though, I bet when you're completely healthy you're far from "needy." ;)

Eliza, everyone's answered really well so far. No sugar (or artificial sugar substitutes), alcohol, or caffeine. Organic when possible. Grass fed, not antibiotic, no hormone meats. Free range eggs. Lots of veggies. A little bit of whole grains (rice). I eat well about all the time, but I allow myself an occassional indulgence, like when I go to the movies -- real Coke, popcorn, and Reece's Pieces. So, even though it's a lot of denial, if you have a treat now and then -- and remember that it's a TREAT not a normal part of your diet -- it's not going to hurt you ... much anyway. I think the emotional rewards of a treat outweigh the negative impact on your diet, as long as it's not something you're allergic to and as long as it's only once in a while.

Noglugirl, your question about whether you're gluten intolerant once you clear the candida up is a good one. Obviously, a celiac is always a celiac. For the rest of us, I think it's difficult to tell whether it's an immune reaction like a celiac has or just an allergic reaction. So, I've not been convinced either way on this one. I do know that it takes several things to push you over the edge into poor health, so if gluten is a problem when you're sick, I would say it's one of the things that contributes to your declining health ... so I plan on avoiding it even if I can tolerate it again. I would really like it though if I could worry less about cross-contamination ... I'm not suggesting being sloppy, I'd just like to eat out and not worry again!

Lauralee, if you get Lyme treated immediately after a tick bite, you have a chance of it not being chronic. For those of us who have gone longer than that before treatment, it is chronic. I have had four flare-ups over the past 30 years, but didn't know it was Lyme until this one. I just ate healthy, went on an anti-candida diet, took lots of supplements, got lots of rest, and after a few months, got back to normal. If it is Lyme for you, you really need to see an LLMD (Lyme Literate Medical Doctor) in order to get better. There is a message board on both Lame Advertisement, and canlyme.com where you can learn where these docs are and learn a lot about living with the disease. Now that I know what it is, I will be better able to control it and will be able to feel normal. However, you cannot completely eradicate Lyme, so keeping the immune system strong is always critical. This means, lots of rest, eating right, exercise, etc. Keep in mind that I was only diagnosed in December and am seeing my LLMD for the first time next week. So, this is not a flare-up that happened after treatment and the herxes I talk about are because it's getting treated ... right now by natural herbs, supplements, and salt/vitamin c.

Dear Andrea and Carla B.,

I told my father that I figured that gluten intolerance is permanent. Of course, he argues about it because even though he has done no research (I have read books up the wazoo and Web articles like crazy) he still knows everything. You know how people are! LOL! Here is something though...I am not so sure I am not a Celiac. Many years ago, I had blood tests done for Celiac that came out negative, then later had a biopsy that was also negative. However, I tried food enzymes that are supposed to end intolerances to foods, and they did not help at all. Then, once I went gluten free, I felt much better. Only after doing a course of Flagyl did the misery return. There is no way that is a coincidence. Doctors never listen, though. I have no energy and I feel weird all over. Despite this, I have been pursuing a part-time job on top of being a full-time college student (very close to my Associates) because my company is not getting any business. I am busy, busy, busy! I also have to be paranoid about cross contamination, and spend half of my day cooking and cleaning obsessively, because my parents are not gluten free. They get crumbs everywhere! If I was able to move out on my own, that would help.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

happygirl Collaborator

x

Archived