This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Camille'sBigSister Newbie

DONNA, hold on a minute! My brain is fuzzy today, so my long-term memory isn't functioning well. :P

Aqua is Latin for water, not vater. Now I'm wondering if vater may be Greek, which I never studied. I'm going to do some research online. I know that Wasser (The W is pronounced V.) is German for water, and Vater (V pronounced F) is German for father. You probably don't care by now, but I'm curious. :blink:

Cissie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
penguin Community Regular
DONNA, hold on a minute! My brain is fuzzy today, so my long-term memory isn't functioning well. :P

Aqua is Latin for water, not vater. Now I'm wondering if vater may be Greek, which I never studied. I'm going to do some research online. I know that Wasser (The W is pronounced V.) is German for water, and Vater (V pronounced F) is German for father. You probably don't care by now, but I'm curious. :blink:

Cissie

Modern greek for water is ύδωρ which is pronounced (forgive me, I'm in the throes of some major brain fog) uthor or eethor

I haven't spoken greek in over a year, so it takes me a minute

AndreaB Contributor
Modern greek for water is ύδωρ which is pronounced (forgive me, I'm in the throes of some major brain fog) uthor or eethor

I haven't spoken greek in over a year, so it takes me a minute

Well now, that certainly clears things up. :P:blink:

My keyboard doesn't type like that. It's all greek to me. :lol::lol::lol:

penguin Community Regular
My keyboard doesn't type like that. It's all greek to me. :lol::lol::lol:

Είναι όλα τα ελληνικά σε με! :lol::lol::lol:

Eenay ola ta elleeneekah say may!

(in case you ever want to say "it's all greek to me" in greek!)

I had to get the language installed on my comp when I was taking greek to do homework...on the rare occasions I would do it :P

Jean-Luc Rookie
Είναι όλα τα ελληνικά σε με! :lol::lol::lol:

Eenay ola ta elleeneekah say may!

(in case you ever want to say "it's all greek to me" in greek!)

I had to get the language installed on my comp when I was taking greek to do homework...on the rare occasions I would do it :P

Multi lingual - good trait. Homework! Somehow, I feel really old. I have not done homework in years, unless of course you count bringing work from the office home, then it's a nightly occurence. :P

I cannot spell today.

christine 25 Newbie
Christina,

What heavy metal exposure did you get? You mention a natural doctor...have you tried a holistic doctor or are they the same thing. I think both mainline and holistic doctors can be good or bad for you, although holistic doctors tend to look at the whole body and how to heal it.

We are here for you whether you have a gluten intolerance or not. Even if we can't give any ideas all the time, we are still here for you to vent or cry to if need be and we appreciate your posts when you do post.

BTW...I like your new picture.

Thanks Andrea, my boyfriend took that pic of me recently when we were out at the park. He got a great new digital nikon camera and he was experimenting with it. I didnt have any makeup on, I need to take some more where Im all glammed up.

I got my teeth filled yesterday and ive got a bitter taste in my mouth, its the resin composite, I dont like having artiicial stuff in my mouth, but its better than loosing teeth due to cavitives. Im actually feeling a little bit better witht the teeth being filled.

I had multiple exposure to a lot of what they call "colloidal mineral products", derived coal/shale water extracts that I bought from the heath food store, hs mercury, iodine, chlorine, lead, arsnic, cadmimum, uranium, etc etc,,, its exausting to talk about it, I can send you more info about it and studies if you want later. Ever heard of fulvic acid, or Colloidal silver? They say silver is a natural antibiotic. Quacks.

The stuff I took is was highly toxic to me so I cant reccomend it. I have not seen a natural doctor about it yet. They would prob recommed taking more health food C--- that hurts me even more. Mix a bunch of chlorinated humic/fulvic acid supplements together, its a great way to poison somone. lol.

Did you know that Kava Kava causes liver damage? Some herbalists use it to relax people, and ephedra was causing hard attacks before the FDA banned its sale.

I contacted the FDA about the stuff I took, and he said hes had other complaints but its a huge company, and id have to get a lab analysis, and go to court and prove that it hurt me and get like other people together etc,,, Ever seen Erin brokovitch, well I dont have the motivation.

Im not her. I would really love to take down the companys tho, and sue them but its not regulated by the FDA its a supplement and until it harms enough people, it will contiue to sell and f people up.

heres some links if you are really interested read them in this order:

Open Original Shared Link

Article written by Geochemist James Pontolillo

Colloidal Mineral Supplements:

Unnecessary and Potentially Hazardous

Open Original Shared Link

Mineral resources international,,,this is the big multi million dollar company out of Utah.

the website is quite eriee about how they are so confident about what they are selling is healthy and tested and safe. Its so convincing, I would hate to see children take this stuff.

www.traceminerals.com

sells MRI products.

Jean-Luc Rookie

Excess alcohol and leaky gut --- Now that makes sense. After a couple of drinks the gut starts to leak :lol::lol::lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast
Ampulla of Vater, lol. Believe me when I say there isn't much out there on the internet about it (nothing good anyway). Apparently problems with this are sort of uncommom. Dr. R said he's only had one other patient with this. Figures, lol. Dr. R thinks it looks about the same as it did in April, but I think it looks slightly larger and is a bit more oddly shaped. I also can't see the actual opening anymore whereas in the first set of pictures it was obvious it was a duct. :rolleyes:

And the change in shape is inflamation? What's causing the inflamation? Or I guess that is what the mystery is and what they are trying to figure out, no?

Green12 Enthusiast

Rachel,

Very interesting. If you got "glutened" from the quinoa, could it have been that she saw in your exam? Do we know what effects gluten has on the intestines and what they look like when having a reaction, in live time?

Jean-Luc Rookie
I have a high sed rate which is questionable for Lupus.

Huh? What is a high sed rate?

Green12 Enthusiast

Celia, beautiful picture :)

Camille'sBigSister Newbie

How wonderful to be able to speak Greek! And being able to type it on your computer is awesome!!!

Donna, I googled Medical Terms/Ampulla of Vater, clicked on the first reference, and found out that Vater is a man's name. He may or may not have been the first to describe "the anatomy of the ampullary termination of the bile and pancreatic ducts." It seems that a couple of better descriptions are hepatopancreatic ampulla, and biliaropancreatic ampulla. Say what??? :blink::blink::blink:

I think I'll take a nap. Typing those words has worn me plumb out. :D:D:D

Cissie

Jean-Luc Rookie
:lol::lol:

You also asked about Lupus... that is an autoimmune disease as is asthma, there's many of them.

Sorry, to clarify, my mother passed away due to complications of Lupus and Fibromyalgia. So, I am too familar with the destructive nature of those two combined.

On a lighter note, it in the high 90's here after weeks of rain.

AndreaB Contributor
Thanks Andrea, my boyfriend took that pic of me recently when we were out at the park. He got a great new digital nikon camera and he was experimenting with it. I didnt have any makeup on, I need to take some more where Im all glammed up.

I got my teeth filled yesterday and ive got a bitter taste in my mouth, its the resin composite, I dont like having artiicial stuff in my mouth, but its better than loosing teeth due to cavitives. Im actually feeling a little bit better witht the teeth being filled.

I had multiple exposure to a lot of what they call "colloidal mineral products", derived coal/shale water extracts that I bought from the heath food store, hs mercury, iodine, chlorine, lead, arsnic, cadmimum, uranium, etc etc,,, its exausting to talk about it, I can send you more info about it and studies if you want later. Ever heard of fulvic acid, or Colloidal silver? They say silver is a natural antibiotic. Quacks.

Thanks Christina! :)

Wow, you really got thrown for loop with all that...no wonder you feel awful. I've read the article on colloidal silver before, I'll have to check out the other ones. I know a lot of holistic doctors use that stuff. I've read of a lot of people giving their children colloidal silver to keep them healthy...don't know if it's an everyday thing or before they think they are coming down with a cold. I avoid the stuff. I see a mainline doctor mainly. I saw a holistic type doctor for my allergies but he was mainline trained. He recommend vitamins, vitamins, vitamins as well as getting my mercury removed. He didn't recommend silver to me and I don't know that he does at all. I'm low key on vitamins. My hair measured low on b-12, nonexistant really so he prescribed b12 by injection which I brought home to do after getting one at the office...we had been vegan for 3 years. I went to my regular doctor about 1 month after that to have my b12 levels checked. They were fine according to them but I didn't get what the number was. I still have the b12 and haven't taken any more, we started eating meat again so I shouldn't need it. He wanted me to take it 2-3 times a week for a month and then slow down to once a month I think. If we had remained on the vegan diet I definately would have. He also recommended zinc since mercury causes problems with that. Then if you take too much zinc for too long you've got to add copper (from what I've read). He didn't have me take any copper. I do take a multi about 3 times a week now since it has so much iron which isn't so much needed any more.

I still have to have 4 crowns done...with all my spare money...used what I had wanted to use on my teeth for enterolab. I hope your recent dental work doesn't cause you problems. Take it easy and keep us posted.

Your picture looks great without makeup. You're a beautiful young lady. :)

Jean-Luc Rookie

Not sure about the humidity level, I have been in an office all day working. But I am just happy about the temps.

No problem on the laughs, I knew you thinking of the alcohol reference.

AndreaB Contributor
to do homework...on the rare occasions I would do it :P

:lol::lol::lol:

It seems to have sunk in ok.

Celia, beautiful picture :)

I agree, beautiful picture Celia.

I just love everyone's new pics! :D

Cissie,

Thanks for all your work. Before everyone is done on this thread we'll all be doctors right. :blink: Not! :lol::lol:

Jean-Luc Rookie
Just had a thought... if anyone starts at the beginning of this thread and read about the baby in my arms... they are gonna be staring at the computer screen with a puzzled look :lol:

Poor Rachel, the thread got hijacked. :D Or better yet threadjacked LOL

dlp252 Apprentice

Wow ChelsE and Cissie...greek and latin, I'm impressed! I'll try researching the other terms you mentioned on monday when i have a faster connection at work.

Celia - I didn't get to see the new pic.

Love Christina's new pic! Christina, I tried colloidal silver on the advice of my now retired allergist. He wanted me to use it as a nasal spray. I have to say that it was yucky, and I never really found it helped so I just stopped using it. He swore by it though. I think I'm glad now I didn't take it for more than a month and glad I never swallowed the stuff.

Picard - I think Rachel did the hijacking somewhere on page 15 or so, lol. :lol:

AndreaB Contributor
Poor Rachel, the thread got hijacked. :D Or better yet threadjacked LOL

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

We keep her laughing with all our antics, heck we keep each other laughing. Who said yesterday that laughter is good medicine? :D

You gotta love this thread. :P

Jean-Luc Rookie
Picard - I think Rachel did the hijacking somewhere on page 15 or so, lol. :lol:

Now that make it even funnier. I will have to bug my sisters tonight just for the fun of it. :rolleyes::lol:

AndreaB Contributor
I wonder how Rachel is doing, I haven't seen her post lately.

I don't recall her saying she stayed home today so she's probably at work. Can't be fun working when you feel like that though. There were times in my working days I went in not feeling well, worked part of a day and everyone told me to go home. Maybe she's home and sleeping.

Green12 Enthusiast

Rachel,

I've been trying to find clues, something to help you out to make sense of it all.

This is what I found a while ago, about possible reasons for ovary pain. The colon is located in the same region and can mimic, or be confused with, ovary pain:

"The colon sits next to the uterus and ovary. Pain from irritable bowel syndrome can seem like it is coming from the ovary. Usually this is a crampy pain. Constipation and inflammation of the intestine can also cause pelvic pain. As endometriosis can involve the intestines, evaluation of the intestinal tract and laparoscopy may necessary to determine whether the pain is coming from the intestine or from a gynecologic problem."

This may be why the pain was lasting so long, longer than the normal time span for ovulation, pms, or related period issues, etc. that we all discussed a while ago, because maybe it was not the ovaries all along.

Was the reason the doc couldn't see your ovaries because there was too much inflammation of the intestines? I wasn't sure if I understood that correctly.

Obviously constipation is not an issue with you. You know you have inflammation from all of the reactions, the tissues are swollen and agitated, your bowls almost seem overactive. I had always suspected endometriosis as a possibility, I did some simple searches with endo + intestinal inflamm. and a lot of info came up. There seems to be a strong correlation.

I am wondering why she didn't suggest a laparoscopy like my quote said to decipher if it were a gynecological issue or intestinal tract issue?

I just don't know enough, sorry I can't be more helpful.

AndreaB Contributor
I just don't know enough, sorry I can't be more helpful.

That post sounded real helpful in my eyes Julie. Good detective work. :P

evie Rookie

Talk about being spacey for the past couple of days, I forgot, yesterday marked twelve years of being with my wife. Wow! No I did not forget our anniversary before someone thinks less of me. This August will be our 6 year wedding anniversary,

VydorScope Proficient
Wow!! Pickard, yesterday was our 60th anniversary, we married young! We were home quietly but will celebrate/ our family here in september when our 3 girls will be here & some of the grands too. congrats in august to you!! :):)

Evie,

60 years, wow. :o impressive!!!!! Well done!!!

Archived