This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Shocking Story

Gcbec

plantime Contributor
Thankyou ,, and God Bless everyone her that has been supporting us. We are planning to go to media as soon asa we can for this reason. Almost all the parents here would do anything for there children, almost all the parents here have had there children go through tests and medical procedures becasue they were sick or there was a problem and did what the dr told you to do. That is what I did, nothing more God knows this. Especially since we have a positive celiac test, . You are right this needs to be in media we need to get it out there so Dr's can understand the symptoms , and learn how to diagnose Celiac instead of writting the mother off as crazy. What would any of you do if they came and took your children becasue you were trying to get them help, and they told you you are lying and making up his symptoms? What would you do if when you found that there is a positive test but you cant get anyone to stand up and diagnose you child, knowing this would bring him home... what would you do if they told you becasuse you put your sick child through test you were the worst child abuser there is and refused you to even have a phone call with your child,, and then even took grandparents rights away from child what would any of you do, because I did nothing more than love my son and try to help him, and nothing more than anyone here has done, Nothing, so how would anyone defend themselves against this? What would anyone do if they came through your door right now and took your kids becasue he had that endoscopy and blood test done? If I can have anyone stand up review my sons tests and give us a definate diagnoses. Please ANYONE

CIndy

Shame on you!!! We have told you repeatedly what we would do, including firing your apparently worthless lawyer. In my email response to you, I inadvertently mixed up Tavi and 2kids4me, but in rereading the thread, I still don't see your answers to their questions. CPS would not just come in and take your kids when you are trying to get them diagnosed. I am cpu literate enough to find the laws regarding New York State's CPS. Something else is going on that you are not telling us. Since you refuse to tell us, and just keep trying to play on our emotions, I am bowing out of this discussion. I wish you the best.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gcbec Newbie
i'm confused... you said he had a positive celiac test but not a diagnosis. That doesn't make sense? Please understand that people here are VERY supportive and most would give you the shirt off their back, but I've found this story very confusing and knowing what I know about CPS, they would not remove your children for trying to have them diagnosed. I wish you the best of luck.

We reviewed my sons records and found with his celiac antibody tests that they cicled IGG antibodies and wrote positive, and lab result is flagged as HIGH. We were never told of this test, no one ever diagnosed him, I spoke to Comlumbia they told me it is most likely Celiac definatly, I was and he needs to be seen by them to give a diagnisis, but becasue he isnt a patient and I cant get hi in there he cant be seen. My son also has alot of symptoms for celiac, as well as me his mom having celiac. Everyone seems to know CPS,, then maybe someone can tell us, the question we have been asking all along we dont know why they removed the kids either, nor does all the neighbors, teachers, school, our own peditrician, our ENT dr, nurses, family, friends football coach music teacher... the list goes on. Other than my word I have no way to show anyone how wrong this is. I know everyone her has been wonderful ,, everyone here has gotten me through the past few days and given me hope to continue and fight. But today I cant fight and try to prove things anymore, what is confusing to everyone. Becaseu No one can beleive that CPS is corupt and took children for no reason? If anyone can tell me how they want to to prove this let me know, please let me know. I actually have a taped phone call w/my mom and the law guardian about why the kids were taken, this took place today when my mom called becasue she and my dad had there visitation rights taken away. would anyone want to hear that? PM me

Gcbec Newbie
Shame on you!!! We have told you repeatedly what we would do, including firing your apparently worthless lawyer. In my email response to you, I inadvertently mixed up Tavi and 2kids4me, but in rereading the thread, I still don't see your answers to their questions. CPS would not just come in and take your kids when you are trying to get them diagnosed. I am cpu literate enough to find the laws regarding New York State's CPS. Something else is going on that you are not telling us. Since you refuse to tell us, and just keep trying to play on our emotions, I am bowing out of this discussion. I wish you the best.

Why do you keep insisting CPS would not do something like this. How would anyone want me to prove that CPS is doing this. All I can say and I am sorry for how you feel is when this whole thing comes to end people will see this really happened. I am sorry for everyone not understanding I truely am. Why would I come here tell my story, if I had something to hide. I wouldnt, what would that do for me.

Would it help if I had the other mom and there is a whole buch of people this has happened to CPS is not always doing the right thing, they also did this without investigating. I wish I could post my petition here but I cant. If there is anyone that questions it I keep saying PM me I will be happy to discuss with you off line.

2kids4me Contributor

Actually I have enough on my plate with my 2 kids and their needs, so I dont want to get into PM'ing I am sure you dont have time to be PM'ing everyone either. It doesnt really matter what I think, take the advice you have been given and focus your time and energy on that fight.

my kids want to play chinese checkers and then bike riding... so I'm off the computer for now.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

We have given a lot of resources and it seems that suggestions have been taken. Personally I am just going to continue to pray for the well being of the kids and that the right decisions are made in their interests. Whatever those may be. The family will be in my 'non-denominational' prayers.

mommida Enthusiast

My best friend's mom was accused of causing my friend's unexpained illness. It was during the many appointments and tests she was having done. She was being tested for Celiac at the time and was later diagnosed with Lupus. If her diagnoses hadn't come when it did, if the doctor had been more insistent, the accusation was all ready made what could the situation have turned into? :blink:

Our thoughts and prayers for your family.

L.

Gcbec Newbie
Actually I have enough on my plate with my 2 kids and their needs, so I dont want to get into PM'ing I am sure you dont have time to be PM'ing everyone either. It doesnt really matter what I think, take the advice you have been given and focus your time and energy on that fight.

my kids want to play chinese checkers and then bike riding... so I'm off the computer for now.

Thankyou very much I so agree, I do need to focus on my issue at hand not on who believs what. You have been wonderful help to me, and I appreciate all your valuable info. Please take care and enjoy your children. Best wishes again thanks for the help support and advice.

Cindy

My best friend's mom was accused of causing my friend's unexpained illness. It was during the many appointments and tests she was having done. She was being tested for Celiac at the time and was later diagnosed with Lupus. If her diagnoses hadn't come when it did, if the doctor had been more insistent, the accusation was all ready made what could the situation have turned into? :blink:

Our thoughts and prayers for your family.

L.

Thnakyou very much, it is hard to understand especially by those that did not witness it. I was just speaking to my neighbor who is just like family, she is a nurse and I have asked her to come here so she could tell you and verify my story. Your friend must have a wonderful mom, but any mom that takes care of there children is wonderful, especially when they know they are sick. Thankyou very much for encourgment and prayers.

Cindy

We have given a lot of resources and it seems that suggestions have been taken. Personally I am just going to continue to pray for the well being of the kids and that the right decisions are made in their interests. Whatever those may be. The family will be in my 'non-denominational' prayers.

Thankyou for the prayers, The best interest is to be with the family. Yes I have tried to persue every suggestion that was given to me, they were discussed with family , my lawyer and friends.

CIndy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Canadian Karen Community Regular

I am the first to admit that I have no idea as to the inner workings of these agencies and/or proper procedures of said agencies. My expertise is more in the area of once the children are in Children's Aid custody, of obtaining full time child care for them........ placing them in special needs centres etc....

So I will bow out of this one also and just pray that it is in God's hands and the best interests of the children will be first and foremost.....

Hugs!

Karen

Gcbec Newbie
I am the first to admit that I have no idea as to the inner workings of these agencies and/or proper procedures of said agencies. My expertise is more in the area of once the children are in Children's Aid custody, of obtaining full time child care for them........ placing them in special needs centres etc....

So I will bow out of this one also and just pray that it is in God's hands and the best interests of the children will be first and foremost.....

Hugs!

Karen

Thankyou very much for the prayers and again the best interest is to be home with there family, you are right what is said to be proper procedures and what is done are not always the same. I thankyou again for everything. I know God will help us, and he knows the truth and we will have our day in court. Please take care.

Cindy

lonewolf Collaborator

Just curious - has anyone heard any more on this? It's so hard to know the true story on anything, but I've wondered what the scoop was.

Guest BERNESES

I haven't but I have to admit, something did NOT sit right with me from the beginning. i'm not a very skeptical person, but something here was off. <_< I just hope her children are OK.

GFBetsy Rookie

From the beginning I've just prayed that everything will work out best for the children. That's what I'm still praying for.

Guest nini

I prefer to believe that people are telling the truth until proven otherwise, I'm just continuing to pray for the safety and wellbeing of the children.

Rikki Tikki Explorer

I think that we all hope she is telling the truth. I also pray for the children. I feel that asking questions should in no way infer that I or anyone else doubted the validity of her story. If anyone was offended then I can only say again things just were not adding up which led me to ask a few questions. of which I never received an answer to. It would appear from her website that she has her children back home.

ehrin Explorer
I think that we all hope she is telling the truth. I also pray for the children. I feel that asking questions should in no way infer that I or anyone else doubted the validity of her story. If anyone was offended then I can only say again things just were not adding up which led me to ask a few questions. of which I never received an answer to. It would appear from her website that she has her children back home.

What is her website??

Guest Robbin

I am a very skeptical person as well, but with all our experiences with drs. who refuse to believe us, put us through test after test, consider us hypochondriacs and misdiagnose-not to mention some of us who have had loved ones consider us hypochondriacs and fakers even after being diagnosed-this is not so far-fetched. We all hear the horror stories of child abusers who get their children back only to abuse again. We have heard stories of children being taken from adoptive parents after being raised for years by the loving parents and sent to biological parents who changed their minds. Why would this be out of the realm of possibilities in this screwed up system? We all know stress, we all know brain-fog-imagine the stress this could cause. It is so horrible to me that I cannot even imagine the pain. I would not be able to put two sentences together properly. I hope it is not a false story and that she gets her children back. Even if it is a false story, it gives one pause....

GFBetsy Rookie
What is her website??

It's a myspace site, but this site won't let me type in the full address . . . if you type it in, it replaces it with the words : www.LameAdvertisement.

Anyway, it's at www. myspace . com /gcbec only without all the spaces.

I think that's what she posted before.

Guest BERNESES

Robbin- I'm with you. I couldn't quite pin what it was but something just threw me. And I ALWAYS believe until I haave reason not to. But, that is irrelevant. I hope that she and her children are OK regardless of what's going on.

oceangirl Collaborator
Robbin- I'm with you. I couldn't quite pin what it was but something just threw me. And I ALWAYS believe until I haave reason not to. But, that is irrelevant. I hope that she and her children are OK regardless of what's going on.

Something's not right. Always pray for the kids.

lisa

Guest BERNESES

I just got a PM from her- she is reading the thread but choosing not to respond here. She still has not gotten her children back although Dr. Green is going to review her son's records. Just wanted to post an update. her son is still not in a situation where he is gluten-free. I hope to God the little guy is OK.

Rikki Tikki Explorer
This is what we are trying to say.. How do these people put there head on a pillow at night and sleep. We sure cant, I have to take tylenol PM just to get a couple of hours of sleep and I wake up trembling with fear for my children. MY attorney is working hard, BUT, he is an attorney, and they dont like to ruffle feathers and make noise, I keep getting in trouble for voicing my rights, he agrees they have broken the law, but they have my kids and it is there decision whether I get them back or not. You see they are trying to teminate our parental rights, Yes because I was trying to get help for my son....

I am going to support group tonight I am even going to bring my petition and my sons medical records so I can show them how crazy this is, becasue until you actual read and see it in writting you cant imagine how it could be true. My husband is also going, anthough he is reluctant becasue he doesnt understand how a support group will help us. But I am positive and just know it will be ok. Does anyone want to see pictures of me and my family? I have a web site but I have not been there in a while.

www.Lame Advertisement/gcbec

Thanks CIndy

Yes, originally we were preparing for court and trial in Sept. We hired expert witnesses to review our files and testify on our behalf. You see, they are trying to say I lied about my sons history, yet the things they said I lied about we have letter to confirm. Also, I only did what the dr's told me to do, when they said he need to have this test we did it, when they said he needs to go to this dr we did it. If I didnt I would be charged with neglect, so either way you dont win. It is just sad that my kids are ted up in this court battle for no reason, and we are a very very close family, I dont even get babysitter except for my mom and dad.

Yes I know the reason why we were given no visitation is because they are afraid we will send phsychological message to the kids and they will act sick. And becasue the county attorney made up statistics that there is 100% mortatlity rate for children in this kind of abuse, he claimed it was the worste case of child abuse. So you tell me there is a story in the paper that a 2 year old was killed by mothers boyfriend , this family was reported by neighbors, day care ect. the child had burns bruises all over. Cps goes and checks and leaves the child there. Now my children are always clean, happy , and never alone, and not one mark on them I made the police look at them yet they come in and take my kids. Convicted murderers have more rights thatn my husband and I have.

We use to live in NC we now live in NY. We have so so much support from NC from the dr that delivered my children the whole hospital, pediatrician and gi dr's church and friends. Here too but we dont have anyone that seems to be able to help.

You being a social worker, what would you do if the director of cps reported a case? Why wouldnt it be investigated first? this happened on June 10th they still have not finished investigating, and still NO ONE has spoken to us about the charges at all. the case worker was told we would speak to him with our attorney

present but he has not tried to set up anything. They have not even checked on the children, although he was suppose to go today. The government pays alot of $ to support family reuinification and every state fails. There whole plan is to terminate our rights and this dr and cps and the judge and the attorney for county put another notch in their belt. We are only a # not a family.

I agree I am going to contact as many people as I can (although my attorney told me I shouldnt involve anyone else) he said we are on a boat and there are life boats telling me to jump into there boat and he fears I will end up sunk in the water. Yeah he doe alot of anologies.

I am going to try to go to other support groups, but I have gotten so comfortable here I dont want to leave. I thank you all for everything. Again anyone have a GI DR that they can talk to and ask for help???

Thats so funny that is not what I typed sorry...

it is www. my space . com / gcbec

take out the spaces it should work..

it is my space dot com / my screen name

[

CDFAMILY Rookie

I have kept in contact with Cindy.

She is a very nice person who is only after one thing and that is getting her children returned. In the beginning she stated this was a shocking and unbelievable story yet suddenly when she wasn’t going the direction some wanted her to and she wasn’t disclosing all the information some wanted, a few deemed her story, unbelievable. And one person made a very hurtful comment that they were going to play games with their children knowing full well that Cindy lost possession of her own children or at least they knew she claimed she lost possession. And since this is a support group I would expect support not suspicion and if there is suspicion I would expect that to be done privately.

How many times have people here been given Prozac because their doctors thought they were making up their symptoms? How many times have you gone to a doctor who is totally unreasonable and you know they are not writing what you say. How many times have you gotten hold of your notes from a doctor and read a different interpretation of what you said. How many times has a doctor told you there is nothing wrong with you even though you could hardly walk out of his office?

This is a support group and when you don’t feel someone should have or need your support, then it is easy just to ignore that post. It is not necessary to add hurtful comments.

Also, my good friend is a children’s caseworker and my husband is an attorney and this case is truly unusual but believable according to both.

Guest nini

I agree. This is a support group and people come here for support and if you can't do that, then do the kind thing and just ignore the poster rather than making hurtful comments. In the few years I've been on this board I've seen this more than once where someone comes for help and because their story doesn't meet someone else's expectations they are questioned. If you have your suspicions keep them to yourself. Cindy needs support, not judgement.

Oh and I'm one of those that was called a hypochondriac for years, told that nothing was wrong with me and at one point with my daughter it was even mentioned by a Dr. that MbP was a possibility and they didn't believe anything was really wrong with her either. I've seen situations in my life that would seem unbelieveable to most but I know the system is not always fair and honest. It can be corrupt and decietful. Give people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, or just ignore the threads and keep your suspicions to yourself.

Rikki Tikki Explorer

You are both correct. This is a support group, and if you go back and re-read all of the thread you will see that the person that said she was going to go play with her children had just been insulted by Cindy. I am not saying what she said was right, only that she had also just been hurt by what Cindy said to her. If I have suspicions and/or questions then I fully expect that I will continue to voice them just as you will continue to voice your feelings on this or any subject. As you stated it's a support system, not one that any of us must agree on but that we can support each other even though we may not always agree. I expect that I have a right to my opinion even though it may not always agree with someone else's. Do I believe these things happen, you bet I do, was I comfortable with the answers I was getting, or not getting, no I was not. This is my right in a support system, am I right or wrong? Or are you saying that if I don't agree with something or have an experience other than yours I must not say what I feel, or is this support just slanted to one way of thinking? Because I questioned something I in no way was calling her a liar, just that I was uncomfortable with what I was or was not hearing. I was also questioning why when someone had just lost her children, she would be spending hours on a computer and not working to get her children back? Her lawyer can have the child tested for celiac, I have checked on this, cdfamily ask your husband about this ask about an ex-parte. Also ask how it can be legal that after 51 days there is still no contact, or a no contact order has been ordered by the court? It's a simple blood test that with the mother already having a diagnosis of celiac, one positive test already on the child, it can be brought before the Court and so ordered.

Believe me there is probably not another person on this board that was more accused of being a little off in the head during the 15 years it took me to get a diagnosis of celiac, I totally undestand and agree with that. Again this bothers me that what you are saying is keep my opinions to myself on the board if they don't agree with yours. Any sense of judgement being passed on me or other's in that? I only questioned then said I was going to back off, I didn't voice my real feelings or concerns about the story.

Again I will state, my prayers remain with the children and that things work out.

Guest Robbin
I have kept in contact with Cindy.

And one person made a very hurtful comment that they were going to play games with their children knowing full well that Cindy lost possession of her own children or at least they knew she claimed she lost possession. And since this is a support group I would expect support not suspicion and if there is suspicion I would expect that to be done privately.

THIS was shocking to me too. I actually gasped when I read that. I hope that Cindy will continue to get support and will get her children back. Any one of us with children could be in her shoes right now. We all live with the hope that the people we deal with on a day to day basis are good and reasonable people, but there are unreasonable, evil people in positions of power who like to cause hurt to make themselves feel important and to justify their positions. I hope all the doctors, lawyers and social workers will really look at this poor family as more than a case number and get the little guy the help he needs.

I agree with you Tavi, that everyone should first and foremost respect other's feelings. This is such a volatile subject and makes us all feel vulnerable. I am sure that is why things got so heated. This is still a forum of support and we are all in the struggle with this illness and the baggage it brings together. Take care.

Archived