This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Rachelville 2

Rachel--24

CarlaB Enthusiast
Just a drive by hello :) . It took me a while to find Rachelville, but I don't have any time to look at the other hot new topics.

Hi MO!! I heard my phone ring that I had a text ... I forgot to go look at it ... I will now.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nikki-uk Enthusiast

I love the way you two(Carla & Morgan) communicate through this board!!! :lol::lol:

Maybe I should get on MSN Messenger so I could have the odd conversation with my 17 yr old son!!

Love the abbreviation of 'Mo' too.

My Mum gets called that but her full names Maureen.

Hope everyone in R/ville is well??

Bye for now.... :D:D

carriecraig Enthusiast

Wow, I have been away from celiac.com for almost the whole summer. I sure feel like I have missed a lot b/c I have no idea what Rachelville is!

AndreaB Contributor
Wow, I have been away from celiac.com for almost the whole summer. I sure feel like I have missed a lot b/c I have no idea what Rachelville is!

Carrie,

Rachelville is our utopian village town that some of us have created to get away from the burdens of the real world.....no cc, perfect health, etc. Those who want to have jobs that are based on their hobbies/interests/real job skills. If you would like a job please let us know.

Welcome back. Hope you had a fun filled summer. :)

Morgan,

Good to see you! Love your new avatar. You look like you're having fun!

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Hi Carrie...welcome back and hope you had a fun summer! :)

Morgan....is that you're wash and wear hair....with all those curls??? No wonder you're mom "hates" your hair so much. :lol:

How is raquetball going? Thats one sport I actually never tried it but its probably fun. :)

Green12 Enthusiast

Morgan, I LOVE your new picture, so gorgeous you are! How is school going?

Hi Carla, Nikki, Rachel and Andrea :D

Welcome Carrie!

Hope everyone else is doing well :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

Rachel, that is her wash and wear hair ... or shall I just say "wear hair" as she seldom washes it, she just rolls out of bed looking like that! It's murder living with her!!! My hair actually looks much like hers (thick, but not as thick as hers) if I don't bleach it ... which is why I'm thinking of letting it grow out natural for a change. When it's bleached, it's all dried out looking.

Nikki, you gotta communicate with them via their favorite method. For Morgan it's now texts on the cell phone ... and I hate texts (but don't tell her, I just type much faster on the computer!!). She and I communicated via MySpace when she was still in High School, but that's not as popular for her anymore. Plus, when you do communicate with your kids the way they communicate with each other, you become the "cool" mom!! Plus, Morgan knows I hate talking on the phone.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nikki-uk Enthusiast
you become the "cool" mom!!

Now there's a sentence I cannot ever imagine coming out of my sons mouth!! :lol::lol:

I do text him alot ,but I doubt I'll ever be cool! :blink:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Now there's a sentence I cannot ever imagine coming out of my sons mouth!! :lol::lol:

I do text him alot ,but I doubt I'll ever be cool! :blink:

It was actually Morgan's ex-boyfriend, and he was her ex-boyfriend at the time, too, who commented through myspace that I was cool! I've known him since he was about 10. Technically, it did not come from my own kids ... you will seem cool to his friends, maybe never to him though.

Daxin Explorer

Wow...been quiet around gere lately. Well, I'm off for the weekend. Talk to you all on my return.

I should be looking forward to this trip to see my folks...the last run to see them before I go to Greenland next spring, but I just have a horrible feeling like my mother is going to "gluten" me. She's supportive to a point, but I don't think she truly understands what Celiac is. I am taking a small supply of my own food to snack on, but I hope all will be well.

Again, talk to you all next tuesday. :lol:

morganb Newbie

Well actually I washed my hair that day :rolleyes:

I didn't know you didn't like to talk on the phone, but honestly, I probably wouldn't care if I had known.....You're the one I talk to on the phone all the time. But I figured you didn't like to text, just bc it's more of my generation's thing B) But it's just too handy for me... I mean, if I'm in my room and on my computer I try to do work and check email, but when I walk, it's nice to be doing something.....texting :D Did that even make sense???

Yes, I'm having a lot of fun and making a lot of friends. I just took my first college exam about an hour ago :huh: I don't know how I did. That part wasn't so fun.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hmmm, well, everyone else around our house knows I hate talking on the phone!!! :lol: I think :huh: Don't stop calling me though ... we don't overdo it ... all the time means a couple times per week!

I'm just really bad at texting ... takes sooo long.

morganb Newbie

Well, I knew you hated answering the phone, but I thought that was just bc it was never for you :P I'm getting faster at texting though...two hands help.

Oh, and raquetball is a blast. I'm quite terrible, but I'm having a lot of fun with it :D I'm slowly catching on.

AndreaB Contributor

Ryan,

Have as good a time as possible at your mom's. I know how you feel. My mom doesn't take this seriously and we've been glutened over at her house.

Make sure to take lots of safe snacks for yourself.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I'm just really bad at texting ... takes sooo long.

I totally agree.

I'm soooo not into texting. A short message is fine but when people are trying to have conversations via text messages...I just dont have the patience for it. I figure we could say everything so much faster over the phone and be done with it. :rolleyes:

morganb Newbie
I totally agree.

I'm soooo not into texting. A short message is fine but when people are trying to have conversations via text messages...I just dont have the patience for it. I figure we could say everything so much faster over the phone and be done with it. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but could you say it during class?

And another thing, I quite often text when I am trying to study but need a break....if I call someone then I'll be on the phone too long, but if I text then it's just a few short periodical (is that the right word?) breaks.

Green12 Enthusiast

Hi Ryan! Have a good visit with your folks, hope you don't get glutened :unsure:

I'm always one step behind, haven't gotten into the texting yet.........and maybe that's a very good thing :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Yeah, but could you say it during class?

Class???? Its been a long time since I've been in a classroom....we didnt even have cell phones back then. :lol:

Rikki Tikki Explorer
Class???? Its been a long time since I've been in a classroom....we didnt even have cell phones back then. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Send cyber hugs. I forgot somehow that milky way candy is not gluten-free. How could I be so stupid! No symptoms yet, I wa sso hungry at work I just grabbed them.... Unless I am wrong and the snack ones are gluten-free? I always get them confused with 3 musketeers

CarlaB Enthusiast

:lol::lol: Or computers ... and I'm not even talking about laptops!! Or fax machines, and cordless phones, C.D. players, DVD players, internet ...

flagbabyds Collaborator

i'm really scared of the phone, no idea why.... but it just freaks me out, so i text a lot actually would be an understatement, me and my sisters convinced our dad to get the unlimited text messaging service cause it saves a lot of money

see i text to my friends sitting accross the room from me in class, when the class is boring.

Its so you can talk to people during class and then it sometimes makes it more interesting.

BUT i do pay attention in class and i only do it when i am bored, then i text my cousin in colorado and we can talk which is nice.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Texting definately has good applications. But it drives me nuts to have a conversation over texting when it could be handled differently. My husband's uncle would text me all the time and he just lives down the street ... I would say, just come over! It's fun to get them from Morgan, it lets me know what she's up to and I know she wouldn't call as often as she'd text.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
:lol::lol::lol:

Send cyber hugs. I forgot somehow that milky way candy is not gluten-free. How could I be so stupid! No symptoms yet, I wa sso hungry at work I just grabbed them.... Unless I am wrong and the snack ones are gluten-free? I always get them confused with 3 musketeers

I could be wrong cuz I'm just going by memory (which isnt the best) but I thought only the midnight milky ways were not gluten-free??? :unsure:

I've been on a million different elimination diets so I could just be extremely confused but you *might* be ok with the milky ways. ;)

I dont have my Delphi list here so cant check for you but I hope you stay symptom free. :)

AndreaB Contributor
I'm always one step behind, haven't gotten into the texting yet.........and maybe that's a very good thing :lol:

I don't text either. Doesn't that require a cell phone? :ph34r:

2kids4me Contributor

Another drive by - havent been here is a while, real world interfering with my attempts to visit Rachelville. I had a chance to sneak in some replies to gfp posts - cant help but poke some fun.

Ryan - have fun visiting folks, bring more than a few snacks - bring gluten-free spagetti and sauce (recommendation from my son) ................. whatcha doing in Greenland?

The smell of tapioca bread is wafting thru my house right now, I bake to escape real life - know this sounds weird but baking is my therapy! :huh::rolleyes:

Started on diuretics today as kidneys aint what they used to be and swelling legs was annoying.

Maybe I need to make brownies too............ :rolleyes:

I want to move to Rachelville in real life for respite care and pretend I am well :blink:

Ok, nuff of that.... it is supposed to SNOW here later this week, .....what the heck :o ....I had kids try on boots from last year - looks like I will be shopping at Wal Mart this week...... is it considered bad parenting to send your kids to school in runners during a snow storm? :lol::lol:

I also predate fax machines and personal computers and cell phones... had a 20 year old burst out laughing when I said I knew what thermal paper was and that I had used DIAL phones and I had played pac man !!

Archived