This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Rachelville 2

Rachel--24

flagbabyds Collaborator

sorry i am NEVER going to buy crocs

i will be the only one in rachelville without them. que lastima! pero no.

never ever will i buy them i think that they are hideous, and yes i am a teenager so...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor

I'm with you Molly.

I don't think they look so bad....I'm just into more practical shoes.....like sneakers. :P

Julie,

Sounds like you may be caving in. :o:ph34r:

Tavi,

I'm sorry. :( I know it's hard to up and move, especially with work.....but could that be a possibility to work towards?

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Tavi--I feel your loss.

My one and only son... :ph34r::( is in CA and I'm in PA

I HATE IT....

jUDY

juliem

thanks it's good to feel positive again..I don't usually get like this but this summer has been a health bummer for sure

Julie,,,you'll have to try them ...even in the darkness of your house :ph34r: where no one can see.

I promise you you'll LOVE THEM.

JUDY

Green12 Enthusiast
sorry i am NEVER going to buy crocs

i will be the only one in rachelville without them. que lastima! pero no.

never ever will i buy them i think that they are hideous, and yes i am a teenager so...

:lol: Molly

It's cool, you can be our high heel girl...cause that isn't going to be me, or Rachel :lol:

flagbabyds Collaborator

No heels for me any more, that stage life is over

i can be the converse girl though, i have 10 pairs and counting!

Green12 Enthusiast
juliem

thanks it's good to feel positive again..I don't usually get like this but this summer has been a health bummer for sure

Julie,,,you'll have to try them ...even in the darkness of your house :ph34r: where no one can see.

I promise you you'll LOVE THEM.

JUDY

Judy, so sorry you have had such a difficult summer :( I'm glad things are looking up for a change :)

:lol: About trying them in the darkness of my own house. I will probably go as far as trying them on and that might be it- we'll see. But I am so glad so many of you are so enthusiastic and have such a deep love for your crocs.

I will be with Andrea, and represent for the sneakers. In my case I live in running shoes and cross-trainers, ooh ooh and flip flops (I was scolded for saying thongs last time :lol: )

No heels for me any more, that stage life is over

i can be the converse girl though, i have 10 pairs and counting!

Converse girl it is then :lol:

I have an old pair of suede navy blue converse with white stripes. I never wear them but I should start :D

flagbabyds Collaborator
Judy, so sorry you have had such a difficult summer :( I'm glad things are looking up for a change :)

:lol: About trying them in the darkness of my own house. I will probably go as far as trying them on and that might be it- we'll see. But I am so glad so many of you are so enthusiastic and have such a deep love for your crocs.

I will be with Andrea, and represent for the sneakers. In my case I live in running shoes and cross-trainers, ooh ooh and flip flops (I was scolded for saying thongs last time :lol: )

Converse girl it is then :lol:

I have an old pair of suede navy blue converse with white stripes. I never wear them but I should start :D

I have every color of the rainbow plus white black gray and brown

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

penguin Community Regular

I'll be the high-heeled girl :)

AndreaB Contributor
ooh ooh and flip flops (I was scolded for saying thongs last time :lol: )

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

flagbabyds Collaborator
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

yes she was!

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I'm not sure why but I've never owned a pair of converse. :huh:

It seems like I've always liked the high top ones but just never bought myself a pair....hmmm...one of these days I'll have to get myself a pair. Unlike the Crocs....I could definately be seen in public wearing converse. ;)

:lol:

Julie...yup, no high heels for this girl....my feet just werent made to be all arched up and unnatural like that. I'll keep both of my flat feet on the ground thank you very much. :P

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Converse shoes?

Help me out here-I need to know what they are so I can debate some more about shoes.

jerseyangel Proficient
Converse shoes?

Help me out here-I need to know what they are so I can debate some more about shoes.

Nikki--Converse were *the* sneaker to wear when I was growing up. I guess they never really go out of style! Here's some pictures and background--

Open Original Shared Link

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Nikki--Converse were *the* sneaker to wear when I was growing up. I guess they never really go out of style! Here's some pictures and background--

Open Original Shared Link

Thanks Patti!

MMMmm,very retro-yes I'd wear them with jeans (I live in jeans)and more importantly they are practical :lol:

Actually,they look like something my son would wear (he's 17yrs)

:o Am I too old for converse sneakers??!!

CarlaB Enthusiast

I'll wear high heels, too. I have such a high arch that I find them rather comfortable. If I'm not wearing heels, I'm either wearing moccasins or Memphistos (kind of like Birkenstocks, but mine are black patent leather with rhinstones, and they have a gel sole instead of cork).

I don't have any Converse, but I have a pair of white, low-top look-alikes. I wear them a lot, too, but usually only when I've been working out.

jerseyangel Proficient

Nikki--Of course you're not too old to wear Converse! I think they'd be cute with your jeans B)

My feet are pretty spoiled since I discovered Birkenstocks :ph34r: I wear the sandals all summer (I have many colors/patterns) and I wear their clogs in the colder weather. I do, of course, have other shoes and boots--but those are my mainstays!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Patti

Where is your NEW pretty picture of youself?

I never mentioned how much I loved that one also!!!!

missing garden club. so bummed :ph34r:

Had the old major 'd' attack this am ...cleaning you know.

do you think it could have been the Hursey's Mr. Good Bar?

thought they were on the delphi list as ok.

God i forgot how sick you get

OR---

it was the rice crackers from Trader joes Ate then for 6 months then noticed soy...so just had some yesterday as soy lethicen..and threw package away but might have had some other soy too.

Hate to go on dailystrength and post i didn't do garden club.

so sad today. :(

judy

converse..talk about ugly...I'll put my croc's up to those any days ;) Ok I'm trying to joke here as I'm a sad sad girl today :ph34r::blink:

judy

jerseyangel Proficient
Patti

Where is your NEW pretty picture of youself?

I never mentioned how much I loved that one also!!!!

missing garden club. so bummed :ph34r:

Had the old major 'd' attack this am ...cleaning you know.

do you think it could have been the Hursey's Mr. Good Bar?

thought they were on the delphi list as ok.

God i forgot how sick you get

OR---

it was the rice crackers from Trader joes Ate then for 6 months then noticed soy...so just had some yesterday as soy lethicen..and threw package away but might have had some other soy too.

Hate to go on dailystrength and post i didn't do garden club.

so sad today. :(

judy

converse..talk about ugly...I'll put my croc's up to those any days ;) Ok I'm trying to joke here as I'm a sad sad girl today :ph34r::blink:

judy

Oh Judy--I'm so sorry about the garden club :( I know how you were looking forward to getting back there. I seem to remember you having trouble with Hershey's before--maybe it was that. Hershey's gets me every time--I think we must be sensitive to the CC from there. Or maybe the crackers :unsure:

Don't be sad--go outside on this beautiful (for a change!) day, and make your gardens even more beautiful than they already are :D Set your sights on the next meeting--you've come so far, you'll get there for sure!! ;)

I took that other pic down--I looked ticked off in it, once I saw it up on the board, I didn't want people to think I was unfriendly :lol:

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Patti

So sweet of you. You know how much i wanted to get into the 'real world'

I feel like I was run over by a truck..Maybe in a couple of hrs will go outside to garden alittle.

Just can't be far from the potty right now...

just makes me so mad. I should have known better>

Yes probably the 2 together did it big time.

haven't felt this bad in a long time so yes we have come far to have to remember how bad it was.

please put your yellow shirt picture back up I just loved that one.

anyone who sees your posts will know your not unfriendly... :) I liked the blue shirt but loved the smile on the yellow shirt.

eye dr just called and wants to see me at 1:00 today.

lord will it ever end.

don't want this to be a 'downer post' at least the sun is shinning and it is a beautiful day.

thanks for caring

love you

judy

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

Judy- I am so sorry to hear that you havent been feeling well. I hope you feel better soon. The weather is getting better, not too hot, not too cold.

I have never worn a pair of Converse high tops. I did wear Vans though. Ironically they had poka dots on them, colored red, blue and yellow, the colors of a Wonder bread package. Boy were they UGLY! :lol:

I am still on the look out for the Crocs. I havent seen them and I am trying to get it out of my dad where he bought them so I can go and get them.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Judy,

What is the garden club? I'm sorry you missed it and I hope you feel better. Just getting outside in the fresh air can do wonders. :)

by the way...you could never ever be "downer" here and speaking of pics...where is yours?? I liked that last one you had up. :)

Patti...did I miss your new avatar?? I remember a yellow sweater...is that the one Judy's talking about? :unsure:

My mom is still really wanting me to put up a diferent picture of me. She says its her favorite....but HELLO...theres a toilet located directly behind my head! I keep telling her I dont want a pic of me and the toilet...as my avatar! :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Rachel, I vote for you and the toilet. After telling us all about this picture, you really need to show it to us! Plus, it's a very appropriate place to have a picture of a toilet!

jerseyangel Proficient

Rachel--The famous "toilet picture"--is there anyway to crop it so the toilet isn't so obvious? I'd love to see it--sounds intregueing :D Being a Celiac board, the toilet won't bother anyone, anyway. We're used to those! <_<:lol:

I put up a different picture of myself for about 5 minutes, and didn't like it so I went back to the flower. Judy was quick, though, and caught it while it was there! :lol:

Those Crocs sound perfect for gardening/working outside. I'm gonna look into a pair!

CarlaB Enthusiast

I caught it, too. It was a cute picture, but you weren't smiling. :)

jerseyangel Proficient
I caught it, too. It was a cute picture, but you weren't smiling. :)

I know, that's why I took it off--it looked a little unfriendly.

Archived