Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jenvan

Going On Vacation--be Back Later :)

Going to Destin tommorrow morning till October 8th :) I've been working with our hotel and have already contacted several reastaurants who can't wait to make me something gluten-free/cf. I'll post on that later in case other are interested in the area. See y'all later! :D

~~~~~~~

Jen

Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005

dairy-free

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Jen

Soooo glad you posted now. Forgot it was coming up so fast but bet not fast for you.

Can't wait to hear about it...esp the resturants that are 'looking forward to serving you' wow that's cool.

Have a wondeful time know you need the rest.

Jim and I want to go there too so will be anxious to hear how you do.

Love and safe travel.

Judy

Judy in Southern CA

Hi Jen

Soooo glad you posted now. Forgot it was coming up so fast but bet not fast for you.

Can't wait to hear about it...esp the resturants that are 'looking forward to serving you' wow that's cool.

Have a wondeful time know you need the rest.

Jim and I want to go there too so will be anxious to hear how you do.

Love and safe travel.

Judy

You should! I'll take notes and give you the full scoop when I get back. (Can't wait to go to the Le Creuset outlet there!)

~~~~~~~

Jen

Indianapolis, IN

dairy-free

Have a fabulous vacation Jen, um, where is Destin?? I hope that doesn't make me sound like an idiot, but I really don't know :lol:

Julie-

Well, you're not an idiot :P Its in the panhandle of FL on the gulf. Sunny and 80s now! Its not too far from Ft. Walton beach.

~~~~~~~

Jen

Indianapolis, IN

dairy-free

Have a great time Jen! I also would like to know where Destin is.

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

Have a great trip Jen. Post plenty of photo's so I can see how Santa Rosa Island is now a Metropolis instead of just sand surrounded by water. I also want to see photo's of this huge mall in Destin. Glad that you are going to really enjoy this vacation and that you are going to be able to eat safely.

"Throw yourself a pity-party and you'll be the only guest." - Earlene Fowler

Diag. Celiac Disease by positive blood test 2/03/2004

Allergies - corn, soy, casein, egg whites and wheat

Morphia Scleroderma

Osteoarthritis

Hypothyroid and Hperthyroid

Essential Tremors

Asthma

Migraines

Fibromyalgia - diag. in 1978 when they called it Fibrositis

PAD Peripheral Artery Disease

Angina and Atrial Fibrillation

Gluten Ataxia

Vitiligo

Scoliosis of the spine (caused by malabsorption and it is horribly painful) This would be enough reason for someone to go gluten free.

Ocular Myastenia Gravis

Julie-

Well, you're not an idiot :P Its in the panhandle of FL on the gulf. Sunny and 80s now! Its not too far from Ft. Walton beach.

Thanks Jen :lol:

I have heard of Ft. Walton Beach, some of my family lived/vacationed there over the years, so that helps to have as a reference point.

Have a great time :)

Have a great time Jen!

Julie,

I didn't know where it was either. :ph34r:

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Have a wonderful time! I'm so jealous!! I have some postcards hangin on the fridge i'll go stare at them and pretend i'm there. HAHA!

Hey Mouse: Santa Rosa is my parents stompin ground several weeks outta the year...it's growing up too...CRAZY!

~Turtle~