This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Weight Loss Suppourt Thread (shannonl) And Any Others Who Want To Join

Guest AutumnE

lonewolf Collaborator

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Deb - funny about the sign language thing. How cool that you're an interpreter! We used to have deaf neighbors and I learned a lot of signing, but they moved and I've forgotten a lot of it now.

My daughter made the cheer squad, so she's happy. They seem to be a nice group of girls.

My son is sick - 104.1 last night, so I'm gonna make this quick so I don't ignore him.

I lost 1 pound this week, so I'm at a total of -9 since we started this. Hoping to get #10 this week!

I ate pretty well the last few days, but couldn't get online. Can't remember now what it all was. Enjoyed my free day on Saturday and made some yummy pineapple raisin cookies.

B - 3 pieces chicken sausage

L - stir-fried chicken and vegetables

D - roast chicken, salad, cooked carrots and 2 pieces of rice toast with butter. (oops)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Viola 1 Rookie

Hi all!

Saturday was a blast at the mall :lol: It was pouring rain outside, so everyone came to the mall for something to do.

We have a huge store front to work in, and so had an obedience ring and agility ring set up. Also did conformation in the obedience ring. Sheba was awsome! It's not very often she decides to work all day, but when she does she really is impressive :P For a Shiba Inu that is ... they are not known for their Obedience!

The problem is that some of the dogs just do conformation, or just do obedience. Sheba is actually the only dog that is trained in agility, but she also does both novice and parts of the 'open' obedience classes, and she sometimes does conformation when she's in the mood. :lol: So basically, where all the other dogs were doing one or two of the demo groups, Sheba was in for almost all of them. I pulled her out of the last conformation group. She was by then getting to be one very tired dog. She ran the agility course at least 6 times, and did three classes of obedience and one of conformation. :D

Every once in awhile I would put Sheba into her X-pen and worked with the other club members trying to get their dogs through the tunnel or chute. It really was funny and very entertaining for the mall shoppers. :lol: There were two old English sheepdogs, the male owned by our club president and a female owned by our newer members. Both litter mates, so the same age.

The little girl needed some coaxing to get through the tunnel and chute the first time, after that she just roared around the ring jumping and running through the tunnels and chute. She just decided it was the most fun game to play with her humans :lol:

On the other hand, no amount of coaxing could get Higgins through any of the equipment, even the very short tunnel. We finally gave up on him until his owners can instill some more confidence in him. Funny how different the two litter mates are!

The other really funny thing came when I decided that I was going to take Zues through the agility ring. Now I'm sure all of you at one time or another has seen a dog agility tunnel. Very long and not such a big diameter. Now picture Zues, the Great Pyrenees. His head is the size of all of my Shiba Inu ... and Sheba is 30 pounds. Zues is absolutely gorgeous (both Canadian and American Champion) and dignified. Pure white with grey marking on his head. So ... I take his lead and take the first jump ... (he steps over :lol: ) then we head to the tunnel, well to everyone's surprise he takes it at a trot and goes all the way through!!!! :lol: Well of course everyone had to take pictures of the great dog going through the tunnel, I had to put him through about six times before all had their pictures. It was such fun, and I do believe Zues enjoyed himself :lol:

Am I doggy crazy or what!? :lol:

Deb, that is wonderful that you do sign language! I always watch it when someone is doing it on TV. It's almost like a dance for the hands :D I'll bet you were hoping that not too many could understand what you were saying though, nothing like Celiac to provide us with embarrasing moments!

Liz, that's awesome that your daughter made the squad! I'll bet she is so happy and will be so proud to wear the uniform. Good for her! And congratulations on the pound!

Diana, that's a shame you are a pound up, but I do agree with Deb about the inches lost being more important. I'm sure that on the days you have a bit more salt in the diet you end up heavier because of water retention. I also find that some foods tend to bloat me, and add weight. Again it would be water. Don't worry about it too much, you will get at your goal, I'm sure!

I'm down a pound this week as well. I'm sure it is because of the extra walking now that all the snow is gone. I also weighed on the Sunday, as Saturday was crazy trying to get to town before 9:00. And I'm sure I must have burned lots of callories that day :P I even behaved myself on the diet as we decided to skip Chinese and come home right after the doggy do .... NO not that kind of doggy doo! :lol:

Anyway, for today..

B- gluten-free honey cornflakes with skim milk

L- two boiled eggs, an orange and popcorn

D- will be ham chowder with half an English muffin

S- likely popcorn and a glass of wine .. blush this time :P

cybermommy Newbie

Hi Ladies,

Today I am starting to feel better. :D Dairy products are still easier on my system than anything else so I am cheating a bit diet wise. Main thing is to heal w/o gaining. I actually got to keep my lunch for about an hour today. Yay! :D I had been jumping up from the table for a "big D" visit (& no I don't mean Dallas) before I could finish my meal. Anyway I am glad to be on the mend. :)

Today's repast:

Breakfast: Shake

Lunch: Grilled chicken salad

Snack: ice cream :ph34r:

Snack: rice pudding, dehydrated strawberries

I should have another shake, we will see.

Diana, Glad you are feeling better.

Liz, Congrats to your daughter on making the cheer squad & to you for that lb (another step closer to your goal). Hope your son is well soon.

Shirley, You are so much fun. I used to show animals (rabbits & goats). It is so much fun, hopefully I will be able to do it again. I would also like to have alpacas or llamas. Right now the only animals I have are my dogs. We currently have a canine population of 11. :o Hopefully in about a month we will go down to 3. My female (spade) boston terrier & our 2 male australian shepherds. My dogs are not trained to do anything special, but the boys earned their kibble for life when they attacked a man that was trying to break my back door in. My oldest son was home alone, standing in the dark, watching the man trying to break in. We have no hardline phone at home, so he couldn't call police. (Now he has his own cell phone.)The dogs only barked until he started trying to break the door down, then they tore him up. :D The boston terrier was rescued from lousy owners. Her purpose in life is to be loved. ;)

Keeping you in my prayers as always,

Deb

UR Groovy Explorer

Hi Ladies,

I haven

Mayflowers Contributor

Thanks Shirley. I'm bummed over that pound. My weight loss is so freakin' slow...I want to be 10 pounds thinner by the summer. I'll take 5 that's a pound a month <_< I think some of the problem is water. I'm counting my styrofoam cups today and I don't feel so hungry. I'm on my third 14 oz cup so that's almost 42 ounces. I need 5 to make 64 ounces. slosh...

B - cheese :ph34r: omlette

L - Atkins shake

D - haven't decided yet.

I feel bloated today... :blink: I walked at lunch time. I was supposed to study but I forgot my notebook.

Congrats Liz on your daughter! It's tough to get on a squad. You have to be a gymnest!

Deb - Thanks. I feel better since I stopped the chicken and turkey..Good you're feeling better too. That is incredible that your dogs protected your son! How old was he? He must have been terrified. I want a big dog too. Where do you live? Is the area a bad area? Instead of a dog right now I have a big 6'4" son with a baseball bat :lol: I'd like a lab or a golden retriever..

Kat - Have you heard of Smoke Enders? It's a great plan that get's you off smoking without cold turkey

I did it years ago.

Viola 1 Rookie

Hi All;

I'll do a proper post later, but I thought that I would pop in and let you know about the most safe method of defending from an intruder into your home. Not a gun or a knife as the intruder could take it away from you and use it on you.

So this method is even good to teach your youngest child. In every room of the house put a can of spray. Don't use hair spray as it will eventually gum up the spray nozzle and won't work when you need it the most. Use something like Lysol or any deoderant spray. You can buy it in pretty bottles and tuck one handy when you are working on the computer, or sitting on the couch watching TV. Have it handy to the kitchen , beside your bed, in the bathroom and even at the entrance way to your house.

When people come in they won't even comment on it .. I know I have a can in every room, but it always looks like it should normally be there to cover up smells :)

No attacker, even if he has a knife would be able to attack with a face and eyes full of spray. You do not need to get close enough for him to reach you as the spray goes a fair distance. At worse it will give you time to get out of the house, at best, the guy will fall down the outside stairs and break his bloody neck :lol:

An RCMP officer told me this, his wife has spray in every corner of the house too!

Good job from you dogs Deb!!! That's wonderful. I'll bet your poor son was terrified though!

As this is still the last post, I'll add my day's menu to it :

B- gluten-free honey cornflakes with skim milk.

L- 2 boiled eggs and an orange

S- some popcorn

D- left over ham chowder and an English muffin ... a whole one

Have a good night everyone!

lonewolf Collaborator

Kat - glad to see you're still with us. Stick with it - I'm sure you'll be able to kick the habit. And yes, I've lost inches - actually a whole pants size!

Shirley - your dog show sounds like so much fun! I wish you lived closer so I could get some help. I don't know why it's so hard to train a dog. My children are well-behaved and polite - why can't the dog be more like them?

Diana - don't let the pound get you down. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll succeed.

My girls lost again in a discouraging game. They just couldn't seem to get it together. Now we play for third place on Thursday. We all wanted to take first, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.

B - 2 pieces of chicken sausage

S - apple

L- stir-fried chicken, onions and peppers

S - apple

D - big bowl of black bean and chicken chili soup

And I got in a great workout today!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

momagn5 Newbie

This is neat, I've scanned quite a few of the replies and am wondering if I could join in?

I tried weight watchers for a few months--no success (and no support). I found a very supportive/neat web link that has several diets to choose from, even got a direct response from the dietician telling me which diet is best since celiac disease (plus other issues) is part of my life. I lost a few pounds off of that, then life happened...I can't support a diet that structured (finances).

I can feel the need to lose the weight, but I need accountability. Sounds like you get it here--and support for the celiac disease, too!

So...can I join you all????

Viola 1 Rookie
This is neat, I've scanned quite a few of the replies and am wondering if I could join in?

I tried weight watchers for a few months--no success (and no support). I found a very supportive/neat web link that has several diets to choose from, even got a direct response from the dietician telling me which diet is best since celiac disease (plus other issues) is part of my life. I lost a few pounds off of that, then life happened...I can't support a diet that structured (finances).

I can feel the need to lose the weight, but I need accountability. Sounds like you get it here--and support for the celiac disease, too!

So...can I join you all????

Good Morning all;

Hello momagn5! Yes, you can certainly join us! Weight loss, Celiac Disease and Budgets are always a tough one to get around, but here we all understand each other :D I have an added fun thing called distance to a store. :lol: Means I rarely get a chance to buy fresh salad stuff this time of year. Later on I will have some in the garden, but not now. :( Oh well, we work around it ... I use lots of popcorn as you've probably noticed. :lol:

It's an absolutely gorgeous sunny day, so going to head downstairs to paint my Christmas stuff (has anyone managed to see my little angel in my avatar?) this morning, then get outside to prune, clean up the winter mess and run with the dog :D

Have a great day all, I'll post the food stuff later!

lonewolf Collaborator
It's an absolutely gorgeous sunny day, so going to head downstairs to paint my Christmas stuff (has anyone managed to see my little angel in my avatar?)

Shirley - I keep forgetting to tell you how cute your avatar is. You're quite talented! How big is the real thing? How nice that you're getting a nice sunny day! It looks like we might have the same here.

Momagn5 - Welcome! We'd love to have you. Having the accountability has been very helpful for me. I'm always thinking, "If I eat this, I have to write it down for the group to see". It's saved me MANY calories.

I'm home from work for a while to stay home with my sick son. He's 12 and can stay home by himself part of the day, but I don't like to leave him all day. I can go in to work late, since I don't have classes until 10:00 today and my hubby can come home at noon and take a long lunch and then the rest of the kids and I can be back home after school.

cybermommy Newbie

Momagn5, Welcome to our little group. The support here is awsome. :D We each support the other in whatever diet plan you choose. We may be doing it differently but the goal is the same. The accountability really helps me when I face temptation.

Kat, Don't get discouraged. Most people don't succeed at things the first time they try. Research of successful business owners shows that there were an average of 7 "failures" before they finally had a success. The "failures" were just learning experiences. I always picture the "failures" as rungs on the ladder of success. So really you just built one more rung & are one step closer to success. B) Hang in there, you'll get it. :D

Liz, Congrats on the pant size. That is cool. B) Sorry about the game, but third is still something to be proud of. Your girls learn valuable life lessons, in sports, in both the wins & the losses. I don't blame you for not wanting to leave your son alone for long while he is sick. Has his fever come down? Do you know the cause of the fever? Sorry, it is the nurse in me. I gotta ask.

Diane, My son, Randy, was 16 (I think) at the time. He was 6'4", 250 lbs. He has massive shoulders (chops a lot of wood). Most people will not challenge him because of his size. However, he was still a kid & has never had to fight anyone. He had a big knife, but they can be taken away from you & used against you. I am glad it didn't come to that. I live in Weatherford, Texas. We had drug dealers set up business in the creek across from my house. Part of our city & county law enforcement are involved in the drug trade. We finally got some help from state law enforcement. I am careful who I approach for help since one of my cousins was murdered by sherriffs dept. He was trying to get the drugs cleaned up in the area & they wanted him silenced. It was ruled suicide but we are not stupid. His body was against the wall of the bathroom (about 10 ft from door). The gun was on the big enclosed porch, near exit door (about 60 ft from the bathroom door). The sherriffs dept put my great uncle & another cousin on ground in hancuffs & told them they were going to be commiting suicide too if they didn't drop it. The feds came in a few years ago & cleaned up 2 counties. They got most of the organization, but not the head (no one is willing to testify because their families will be killed). I have lived here almost 16 years. The criminal element keeps trying to push in from the north, but we keep pushing back. We moved here originally because I had life threatening health issues. Emergency services are 3 blocks away. Our farm was way out & hard to access. It was on county line so you also had the debate of which city was to send help-useing valuable time. Now that my health is stable, I want to move back on a farm. I am not a city girl.

Shirley, You are right about the spray. My best friend is a Ft.Worth police officer. She did a security inspection on my house & gave me ways to improve it. I used to keep spray near the doors & around the house. As the kids have gotten bigger, I have gotten lax about it. One of the things my friend recommended that I did was to use kick plates. They have a metal piece that is secured, between door & frame, with 4 to 6 inch screws. Then you close the door & slide a metal disk plate on that piece. I have had door frames busted & even had the frame pulled loose from stud framing. But the kick plates held & prevented entry. :D Do you make your own ham chowder? If you do could I please get the recipe?

We have discovered Lyndsee is also lactose intollerant. I have given her lactaid milk for 3 days now w/o D. My daughter, Nickie, is getting her celiac panel done today. She is ready to get de-glutinized. :) We had another family death yesterday. :( Nickie & her hubby, Russell, are driving in from Kentucky as soon as she finishes at Dr. All of the stress & absences are killing her college work. She was trying to keep that 4.0. She wants to go to Texas A&M to vet school & it is very tough to get in.

Yesterday's menu:

Snack: 4 cubes Laughing Cow light cheese

Lunch: grilled chicken salad

Dinner: grilled chicken salad

Snack: 1 pkg Welch's Fruit Snacks

Today (so far):

Breakfast: Isalean Shake

Snack: Tropicana Fruit Squeeze, 1/2 tsp Nutella sandwiched w/ 2 gluten-free gingersnaps (ok so Lyndsee ate the Nutella out of middle of hers & gave me her gingersnaps-yes I ate them) :ph34r:

Lunch: 2 homeade pizza pockets (corn tortillas w/pizza sauce, cheese & ham-prepared in sandwich press)

God bless you,

Deb

Viola 1 Rookie

Hi All;

Just popping in quickly as we have to leave for Prince Rupert ( 1000 miles) on Sat. morning and I've a ton of stuff to do. I got a message from Dad today and mom is doing very poorly, so we will be going up. :( It's a worry for sure, I will phone them tonight and let them know we are coming, hopefully mom will perk up for a bit.

Dad has a computer, but I'm not sure how much time I will have on it. We'll see if I can get on. Otherwise I will be off the forum for about two weeks, depending on how things go. Dad has to be in Vancouver for the 10th of April for his heart, so every thing is happening at once.

Liz, the angel is four feet high to the top of the tree. You can just see a part of the Santa's sleigh behind her, it's four feet high and eight feet long.

That's a shame about the game, but it is still a good learning experience for everyone. It's very rare in life when we win everything, and I'd hate to see the character of a person that did. :lol: I think they would have an ego problem. So perk up and try again next season. You will always have that goal to shoot for.

Deb, it's actually my own recipe. :lol: And I don't measure anything. But here is how it usually goes.

I use a big broth pot, fill it half full of water and put in two or three bay leaves. Put that on to boil while I dice the ham. I usually buy a big slice of ham, or a small breakfast ham. Dice it fairly small and toss it into the pot and keep it boiling lightly.

Take a fairly large onion and chop it small. Take the bay leaves out of the pot and discard, add the onions. Then peel some potatoes, depending on how big your pot is. slice and dice in small bite size pieces. Add to pot. Then have fun with your spices. Garlic, pepper, a good bit of dried parsley, a shot of Mrs. dash or other mixed gluten-free spice. Make sure you taste the broth before adding salt as you need very little with ham.

Right before you serve I add potato starch mixed with cold skim milk. (if you are dairy intollerant, cold water is fine), stir until thickened and serve.

Let me know if you try it :P

For today

B- gluten-free cereal with skim milk

L- Salad with a slice of cheese and a few bacon bits. Then I went wild and had a banana with tiger ice cream :ph34r:

D- a potato, slice of cheese, corn and salad

S - popcorn

I'm packing the Immodium ... Dad and Mom's house is dangerous :o:(

Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow and Friday to pop in.

lonewolf Collaborator
I don't blame you for not wanting to leave your son alone for long while he is sick. Has his fever come down? Do you know the cause of the fever? Sorry, it is the nurse in me. I gotta ask.

Thanks for asking. He has a nasty virus that's going around. His fever was just about gone, but now it's back up to 100, so no school again tomorrow. Since it's a virus, there isn't anything really to do except wait it out. I'm keeping him well hydrated, giving him vitamin C and oil of oregano, good healthy low sugar food and just letting him rest. So far, no one else has gotten it. He's my gluten intolerant son and I think his immune system is more delicate than my other kids. The rest of us barely get sick - the other three still have perfect attendance so far this year.

Just popping in quickly as we have to leave for Prince Rupert ( 1000 miles) on Sat. morning and I've a ton of stuff to do. I got a message from Dad today and mom is doing very poorly, so we will be going up. :( It's a worry for sure, I will phone them tonight and let them know we are coming, hopefully mom will perk up for a bit.

That's a shame about the game, but it is still a good learning experience for everyone. It's very rare in life when we win everything, and I'd hate to see the character of a person that did. :lol: I think they would have an ego problem. So perk up and try again next season. You will always have that goal to shoot for.

Shirley - sorry to hear that your mom isn't doing well. I hope she perks up soon.

It was a sad game, but I totally agree that it's good to learn to lose with dignity. The other team had some obnoxious girls and a section full of rude fans. I told my girls that I was proud of them and that I would choose them ANY day over the girls and parents on the other team. Several people commented on how nice my girls were. We play another nice team for 3rd place, so my girls have snapped out of their gloom about losing and are looking forward to having a good, friendly game. They are all such sweethearts! Five of them are 8th graders and 4 of them are going to the same high school and I will be an assistant coach for them next year, so this isn't really the end. (The 5th girl is sad that she will be going somewhere else.)

I need to help kids with homework and try to get in at least a 45 minute workout still tonight.

B - 2 pieces chicken sausage

L - turkey sandwich on 1/2 rice tortilla, green pepper strips, 30 gluten-free pretzels, apple

S - 4 thin slices of deli turkey

D - lots of spaghetti sauce with just a bit of noodles, green beans, salad

Mayflowers Contributor

Deb - No, sorry, I don't have a ham chowder recipe. I hate ham. Too salty. I love to cook vegetarian. :lol: Your son is as tall as mine but mine is only 170. They call him "Tree" in high school. His brother is "Sapling". My lord! I'd move. I wouldn't stay around drug dealers and corrupt cops. I'm not that brave. :o

Hi Momagn5. Welcome. What's your name?

cybermommy Newbie

Liz, It sounds like you are an awsome parent, raising some fabulous kids. :D Keep up the good work. ;) Hope your son is well soon.

Diane, If I could afford to move I would. :huh: I bought this house almost 16 yrs ago for $13,000 & it has 2,300 square ft. It was a definite fixer-uper! We have done a lot to it, but it still needs a great deal more. I am looking into some forclosure & bankruptcy properties in the country. That is probably the only way I will be able to afford a place. I am trying to find a place close to my best friend's farm. We are both single mom's at this point so we kinda co-op transportation for the kids.

Shirley, Sorry your mom is ill. I will keep you & your family in my prayers. Thanks for the recipe. That is the way I cook too. No need for dirtying up measuring devices. :)

B: (no time)

L: gluten-free chicken spaghetti & green salad

Snack: Peanutlles & a few Skittles :ph34r:

Snack: gluten-free gingersnaps :ph34r:

D: Tuna salad w/ almond Nut Thins & Laughing Cow light cheese

I really have a bad case of munchies today. <_< I could down a bag of chips easily right now, but i won't.

I will be travelling to Basdrop (several hour trip) tomorrow w/ my parents for the funeral on Sat. We will spend the night & come back Sat. My mom is making some food for the trip & consulted me on how to make it gluten-free. :) I am also taking some gluten-free items along. Hopefully I won't get glutened on the trip. The hardest part is that my mom pushes food at you. I do pretty well as long as I can keep my mind off of food. I will pack plenty of reading material. Reading is kinda sacred in my family & she probably won't interupt to offer me food. :lol:

God bless you all,

Deb

Kaycee Collaborator

Hi, I am back.

Have had a couple of so so weeks, down in the dumps and like someone said previously, things all turned to custard. Yes I know that saying quite well.

I have had to re-look at my diet. I have to keep my chin up and my motivation going. I decided it is time to give myself a bit more praise than what I do. So now in my food journel, the body book, or is it called the "biggest loser" Yes that is what it is called, the biggest loser. So now along with writing down my food I keep motivating myself by telling myself I am doing fine. Mind over matter, lets see if it works.

I know when I have eaten something that is questionable, but I can't always tell if it was gluten, but I tend to put on weight. It could be fluid, I think it is because I get quite bloated. Well when this happens I find it so hard to get over the hump and at times it seems easier to just go with the flow and have a good feed and make myself feel more even miserable. So I try to write in my book that it is just fluid and that I have been eating quite well calorie wise, so it must be fluid. The scales just aren't playing the game, and are finding it a bit hard to catch on with what the rest of my body is doing.

So it has been a week of good eating, have I lost weight? Not on your nelly. I think it is because for three years, I have been watching what I eat, and have been reasonably good at not eating to excess, but my body is probably just a bit reluctant to play ball. But if I keep trying, by not going over 1500 to much, and no lower than 1200 every day, I should get there eventually. Shouldn't I?

Well yesterday was a day and a half. They are saying we got two months rain in one day. It was 240mls (10 inches) in 24 hours. Here I was driving through puddles, rain pouring down, wondering whether the car would just stall and not go again, or I if would slide off the road. Quite a hairy time drving to say the least. Went one way to pick up one son, that was scarey. So when the next son wanted picking up, I baulked and asked him if he could take a bus? No way he says. So off I go again in the other direction and it was nowhere near as bad as far as surface flooding on the road, but still a lot of water racing down the hills and the footpaths and driveways. Downtown closed early, schools closed shop. It is quite amazing what havoc rain can cause! Our suburb in on top of a hill, so how can the school nearly get flooded out? Water was lapping at my library door.

Today, the sun shone, and everything is drying up, so hard to believe the day before was so horrible.

One of the children at school today found a turtle in the grounds. Not something you would think you would find, but it must have been washed out of an overflowing pond or something.

Breakfast: Yoghurt and fruit

Snack: crackers with salami and cheese, apple

Lunch: Creamed rice, chocolate flavoured, banans and another couple of rice cakes with salami and cheese.

Snack: Four rice cakes with peanut butter, (only cause I was working overtime)

Tea: Two sausages, and baked beans, with french vanilla icecream and chocolate sauce.

Not a good day food wise. But calories were okay. Just didn't have any leftovers and because I worked late, I just wanted something easy.

My weekend has started, time to unwind. My mother is visiting here on Monday, lots of work to do.

Cathy

lonewolf Collaborator

Hi Everyone!

Cathy - nice to see you back. Hope we can encourage you to keep up the good work. Interesting about all the rain.

Deb - sorry to hear about another death in your family. Hope your trip went well.

Basketball season ended last night with a win! We came in 3rd place and played well. The tournament was a great experience for all my girls and they enjoyed getting to know a lot of girls from the other teams. My daughter and another girl from our team were named to the all-tournament team, so I'm a bit proud too.

Yesterday:

B - 2-1/2 pieces chicken sausage

S - handful of low-salt pistachios (in the shell)

L - turkey sandwich on 1/2 rice tortilla, green pepper strips, 30 gluten-free pretzels

S - Cherry pie Lara bar

D - 3 chicken tenderloins cooked in barbecue sauce, 3/4 C rice, green beans, rice toast with butter

Today:

B - 2 pieces turkey bacon, gluten-free toaster waffle, 1/4 C applesauce

L - turkey and goat cheese sandwich on 1/2 rice tortilla, carrot sticks

S - cherry pie Lara Bar

D - taco salad made with ground turkey, raw goat cheese, salsa, corn and lettuce

I'm thinking about having a piece of toast for a snack before I go workout.

Have a good weekend everybody!

Kaycee Collaborator

Lonewolf, it is good to be back.

Weekend is nearly finished. Weekends aren't too bad, my worst eating days are Thursday and Friday. I know I will overeat those days, so I give myself a treat then, chocolate or a wine.

My mum arrives from the south island tomorrow and her request is for sausages. Not too spicy, but sausages none the less as they do not eat them as dad does not like them. Nor do I really, so I might as well get plain old gluten containing sausages from the butcher and I might just have a pork chop or something instead.

The car has been playing up, so I might have to walk to work, now that is going to be tough! Hopefully it is fine, as we are drying out after last Thursday. Jim will hopefully drop the car off and get it fixed, or else buy a new one, as we have to go to the airport to pick up mum. Taxi could be an alternative! It would be cheaper than another car, but Jim has always talked about another and he has seen one he wants.

Food.

Breakfast: I made up a concoction, of leftover spuds, eggs, bacon and veges with cheese on top (frittata?) and cooked on stove, then grilled the grated cheese at the end. Yummy.

Snack: Banana

Lunch: 4 rice cakes with peanut butter.

Tea: Potato, stew with hidden pumpkin etc in for the vegetable hating sons, (I got away with it, yes!), peas and cauliflower. 1 small bag of potato crisps.

I did really well today, as well as all this week. Three days slightly over 1500 calories, and 4 days hovering at 1500. That is so good. Tomorrow I will weigh myself and hopefully there will be a loss. Still walking, but it is hard not to walk when Poppy looks at me when I get home and begs for a walk.

My mum is the worlds greatest chocolate eater! So I will need saving, or maybe mum needs saving from the chocolate, and it is easter around the corner. Someone mentioned here on another thread that Thursday is chocolate tasting day. I really liked that thought and I think I might have to adopt just one day to eat it (taste sounds a bit limiting, but then I guess it should be limited), instead of the any day I might feel like it.

Hope everybody is having a good weekend.

Cathy

Guest AutumnE

Im back!!!! ;) Did anybody miss me? ;)

My motherboard on my computer went out. Mike finally fixed it! I have missed you all. But I did get a ton of housework done :P and alot of family time which was a good thing :D

Well Im revamping my diet again. Sticking to veggies, fruit, and beans. Im adding in meat in about 5 days if I can get my diarrhea stopped. Im also going to get a colonscopy done. I have needed one done for years considering I have had stomach problems since I was 12 and Im 34 now. I have never had one done and Im assuming celiac disease based on enterolab results and dietary results. And my sister has it along with my niece and nephew. My daughter has it based on enterolab and she gets dh.

If this doesnt work Im betting its bile salts, which means more meds and more lifestyle restrictions but it would make sense. Everything has gotten so much worse since my gall bladder removal with regards to diarrhea. I havent had a normal stool since March 2005 and before then it was with only gluten foods. I also have a uti again :angry: so probably a yeast infection to follow. I need to go to the urgent care today to get medicine.

Welcome to momagn5: and welcome back Cathy! Sorry about the rain, We deal with flooding alot here in the spring and fall. We have a very large creek running through the back of our property and once it came in over 200 ft and one time it was within 15 feet of our house but thankfully freezing temperatures hit and it froze it otherwise we would have had flooding in the house. Our shed gets flooded out about once every other year. Everything is on a higher level in there to protect it.

Take Care and I hope everyone has a good weekend. I'll have to read through and catch up later :)

Mayflowers Contributor

Hi Ladies,

I lost that pound thank goodness. I'm back at where I was two weeks ago...again. <_< !

I'm lowering my carbs more, meaning no bread or bread like objects and no white refined sugar. I only eat royal jelly at 6 carbs a tsp so I count it. I'm eating pescatarian low carb. yuch. I hate fish. I like seafood but not fish.

B - cheese omlette, spinach pancakes gluten-free.

L - Atkins shake or homemade low carb shake

D- Usual vegies, tofu or fish or beans

And I increased my water again to 6-8 glasses a day.

Welcome back Autumn - I read that many people had celiac and the symptoms were gallbladder pain and they'd have the gallbladder reomoved and things only got worse. I had similar symptoms but more acid reflux and I did have pain in the middle of my chest. It all stopped when I stopped eating gluten.

Gotta go grocery shopping...

BFN

lonewolf Collaborator

Welcome back, Autumn! I thought you'd abandoned us. Sorry you're still having tummy trouble. Can you eat rice? I'd get D if I only ate fruits and vegies - I need something easier to digest like some rice or potatoes to round out my diet.

Now where's Shannon? Haven't seen her for a while. And where are all of our other girls? WE MISS YOU!

Diana - congratulations on the pound! Hopefully you'll keep up the momentum and keep going down.

Cathy - I hope you get your car fixed soon.

I lost 2 pounds last week, but then went hog wild on my free day. My SIL made a gluten-free apple cake and I ate more than one piece :ph34r: , along with all the delicious, naturally gluten-free food they made. My BIL is from Iran and they eat a lot of chicken and rice and vegetables and my SIL is really careful and considerate, so I can eat there. Anyway, I gained both pounds back, so I'm starting today right where I started last Monday. Hopefully, those pounds will go away quickly. I was "good" yesterday except for eating a rice tortilla with butter for a snack after dinner.

Edited after dinner:

B - 4 thin slices deli turkey, small apple. 2 Tbs almond butter

L - Stir-fried chicken breast with cabbage, peppers and carrots, apple

S - 2 thin slices deli turkey

D - 1/2 chicken breast, lettuce, carrot sticks, banana

Kaycee Collaborator

Welcome back Autumn. I didn't have a chance to notice you were missing, as I was missing too. But I was thinking of everybody here and feeling I was letting everybody and myself down by hiding.

Lonewolf, great you have lost two pounds, makes my pound sound a bit small, but I am happy to take any lb that decides to go west. And Mayflowers you have lost a pound too, we all seem to be doing well. I just have to keep talking to myself and encouraging myself. Easter makes it hard too, but there are less chocolates I will eat. I am becoming, or have become of chocolate snob and only eat the good stuff.

The car is fixed, were lucky to get it seen to yesterday, and now we have another car to boot!

My mum arrived yesterday, and she never changes. She is a bit of a pinickity eater and there are things that upset her tum. Makes you wonder about another coeliac doesn't it? But you know what a lot of people are like, they do not want to admit it, let alone change their diets. My sisters results were border line a few years back, which encouraged me to get tested. My sister did try the diet for a bit but then is back to eating normally and has not taken steps to look further into her borderline status. Family can be frustrating, but I love them to bits. I have harped on enough to them about coeliac, I feel I can't do any more without risking being snarled at. But it is funny, but sad, I can tell my mum my symptoms and she can relate to them with her own!

Yesterday

Breakfast

Yoghurt with buckwheat pikelet

Apple, banana and pears

Lunch

Leftovers, stew, potato, peas, cauli

4 corn crackers and peanut butter

Tea

Potato, kumara, beans, I traded sausages for scrambled eggs.

cybermommy Newbie

Autumn & Cathy, welcome back.

I understand about the rain. When I left home Friday we were getting 1" every 30 min. I could only see the tail lights of the care that was 1 car leangth in front of me. It was slow going. If I didn't trust God's promises I would have been building me an ark. :o Fortunately it let up & we only had heavy rain for most of the trip, instead of torential. Thankfully everyone arrived safely & all have made it home safely now. The funeral was sweet & upbeat (we know where he is). The grave side service was with full military honors.

My parents did great w/ my gluten-free diet. Mom made food to carry in the cooler. She separated out my part of the ham salad before she prepared their sandwiches. They went & bought new jars of pickles & miracle whip just in case the ones they had, had been cross contaminated. :D I ate in all kinds of situations this weekend & I didn't get glutened! :P I took along my own bread, crackers, salad dressing & steak sauce. I think I am starting to get a handle on this.

The lab was closed by the time Nickie finished at the Dr. so she didn't get her celiac testing done. She will go in, in the next few days to have it drawn. I let her taste test all my gluten-free stuff. That way she doesn't waste money on stuff that she doesn't like. Her sweet hubby said if she goes gluten-free, they will just make the whole house gluten-free. Don't I have a cool son-in-law? B)

By the way, I have had several people on my computer in the past few days & someone messed it up so I can't find my e-mail, instant messenger & some other stuff (like my pop up blocker). I had to go searching for this site. If I disappear don't worry the puter is acting weird.

I did great on my diet during the trip. All the tempting goodies were laden w/ gluten. :huh: I am not doing that to myself AGAIN!

Today I haven't felt to well & don't really feel like eating, but then the hunger overwhelms me. <_< I have 4 broken teeth & 1 is abcessing. I wish my insurance company would hurry approval through for my dental work. :angry: Since my teeth have decalcified I probably should have a bone density study done.

I basically nibbled all day:

coconut marshmallows & 2 sodas :ph34r:

laughing cow light cheese w/ Mary's Gone Crackers (Herb)

Welch's fruit snacks

homemade pizza pockets (corn tortillas, spaghetti sauce, cheese & ham)

Tomorrow I need to cleanse & get back on track.

God Bless,

Mayflowers Contributor

Hi Ladies,

Liz - Girl, you'd better watch those gluten free cakes and goodies. They are too easily absorbed for us and go straight to fat. You're gonna gain back those 2 pounds! I don't even eat them anymore. Most of them are rice anyway and rice flares up my arthritis.

Deb - I hope you're on antibiotics for the abscess. People die from tooth abscesses. If the infection gets in your blood you'll go into sepsis...You know this being a nurse right?

I get a health news letter from Dr. Williams who is an MD, and he is writing about vitamin D deficiency that is wide spread among Americans now from lack of sun, people using sunscreen, and being inside all winter... He said that people who have osteoporosis have a vitamin D deficiency. I have to tell my sister. She has it. He said you really can't OD on vitamin D, unless you're taking 10,000 units or more. 20 minutes in the sun makes 20,000 units by the body. The ability to make it declines with age though. I increased my A & D this winter and I didn't even get a cold. I thought it was the elderberry, but I'm thinking now it's because I increased my vitamin D.

They found this out because in the winter, just when vitamin D levels are dropping, the Flu virus is rearing it's ugly head. The sun acutally kills the virus.. So if you're prone to the flu. Increase your vitamin D. A deficiency also causes numerous cancers and lowers immunity according to Dr. Williams.

Any study you read that vitamins are dangerous and killing people are funded by the DRUG companies and the results are tainted. They also use synthetic vitamins in the study in absurdly insane dosages.

lonewolf Collaborator
Liz - Girl, you'd better watch those gluten free cakes and goodies. They are too easily absorbed for us and go straight to fat. You're gonna gain back those 2 pounds! I don't even eat them anymore. Most of them are rice anyway and rice flares up my arthritis.

LOL - I DID gain back the two pounds! But through very hard workouts and self-control the past 2 days I've lost them again. I'm down 11 pounds now from when we first started this thread. Only 13 more to go to get to my big goal. Of course, I'll still be a little overweight when I get there, but it's a big goal for me.

Interesting about the vitamin D - I'm deficient and on 2000 IU's a day to get my levels up.

Gotta run. My son left an important part of his science fair project at home and just called to ask me to bring it.

Edited later to add:

B - small apple with 2 Tbs. almond butter

L - toasted goat cheese sandwich and about 1 C tomato soup

S - apple

D - roast chicken, green salad, frozen corn (heated up, of course), a few sweet potato sticks

I'm hoping to get a workout in, but now one of my daughters is sick and I have to pick up the other one from a birthday party at 9:00.

Where is everyone?

Archived