This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Weight Loss Suppourt Thread (shannonl) And Any Others Who Want To Join

Guest AutumnE

Mayflowers Contributor

Cathy - Sounds like you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. ?? I get D too if I eat a lot of refined carbs. I always used bran to control the symptoms. Now I'm using oat bran. After I gave up wheat, I started getting my symptoms back due to lack of fiber. Now I'm using the oat bran and I take fiber choice fiber supplements. I hope that works.

Good luck Kat and remember you have to be motivated to quit and say that's it, I'm never smoking again and be determined and you'll do fine.

D - tempeh with tamari sauce green beans. Yuck. too salty. I did not enjoy dinner.

Tomorrow might start dairy free...I need to read more about the bad effects of dairy to motivate me...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AutumnE

Deb- I give my daughter trix and puffins, so far no problems. She loves buckwheat flakes by arrowhead mills. She eats it like candy. Im sorry your grandma passed away, its good that she was surrounded by loved ones.

Diana- Im sorry the vitex bothered your joints, I hate to condemn anyone but I wonder if you have corn problems with your problems with chicken and other food problems, achey joints is a common symptom. I looked up for another herb that might work the same way. I saw black cohosh- but I know nothing about this herb and havent looked up much information. Another one I am a little familiar with is "fertility blend" It does have vitex but not as potent as the tincture. It also has green tea and other vitamins. Its for infertility, no I havent forgot your in perimenopause ;) but it normalizes hormones. Mcdougall?? Is it a diet plan? For bad things about dairy read on the paleo diet, seriously it was a great motivator for me.

Kat- Im glad your taking it easy on yourself, An addiction is very hard. But you dont need to go through it alone. Let us suppourt you and be your sounding board. I think I can speak for everyone here and say you dont need to give anything to us. Friendships are give and take. You go through times when you need more than you give and sometimes the opposite. Just because its on the Diet board does not mean that is all it is about. Most of our posts are about other things and you are on a journey to health for yourself. I have had food addictions for years. You dont become as heavy as I was without having food problems. I always struggled with it. For years I deprived myself and ate very small. Then I changed and food became my comfort. It has taken me almost 10 years to be where I am now. When things get stressful, like today, I just want to run to the comfort. Its very hard when its all around me but I have to for myself and for my daughter. I have to be here for her and raise her. I have to be healthy for her, she needs me. It was the hardest thing I ever did. It changed who I was, I didnt know what to do when I was stressed and I wanted to find something constructive not destructive to replace what I had lost. Even though my addiction was different its the same concept. If you want to pm me, email me or post here I will be here with open ears and a shoulder. Also congratulations to your husband too! Im glad you have a great suppourt system at home.

Liz- Im glad your daughter is feeling better and congratulations on the game. Enjoy your free dinner :)

Cathy- Im sorry you were ill, I dont get that reaction from too many carbs. My reaction is fuzzy thoughts, very bloated and a headache. When I eat corn I get those symptoms especially the more I have the harder it is on me. I dont think its bad that you havent given up chocolate. Everything is fine in moderation as long as it agrees with you. I was addicted to caffiene and I have many posts on here about being addicted to soda pop. I had the hardest time giving it up. I still do have it once in a great while when Im exhausted and I need to stay awake. Im more sensitive to it now. I have heard of hot cross buns but havent ate them before. Our easter candies are out at the store now too. Im glad you werent glutened. Im amazed you walk that early. Im a night owl and have a hard time getting up in the morning but my daughter is a great motivator saying "Wake up mommy" and lifting up my eyelids lol!

Today was crazy! I went to the store five times! I kept forgetting stuff and even sent my dad out for things. My first cake flopped. Im not sure what went wrong so I made two cakes today, did the frosting and colored it, went to "foods for living" in lansing with my mom and Ashley. Ashley had salad for lunch and then I think became car sick after driving for a half hour and threw up in my mom's car. We had to pull over strip her down, clean up everything, I used a whole box of butt wipes. Thankfully I had extra clothes with me for her except a coat so she wore mine. It looked pretty funny but she loved it and she was warm. She is fine now so I think she must have been looking down too much. I made the popcorn cakes, put the boxes together, put the games together, cooked the ground beef for the lasagna, and thankfully had my wonderful mom and dad help out with Ashley today so I could get it done. Tomorrow I have to wake up early and decorate the cake and just load up the car. Im going to cook the lasagnas at the church. What a day! Im off to bed! Have a great weekend everybody :)

Diet- Ummmm, I didnt do good today at all! Stressed out and ate horribly bad, I even had to take benedryl. Tomorrow can only be better :)

Mayflowers Contributor

Autumn - I'll pay attention to corn and see. I tried black cohosh. I can't tolerate it. After a week on it I got my 2 day migraine which is the indicator of intolerance to a supplement or drink (which include certain brands of coffee, wine, and teas). sigh. I thought maybe I could take it. I was dissapointed. I'm so afraid to try anything because of getting the 2 day migraine from them. It's not easy operating with your head throbbing down one side... :( Mc Dougall Plan is by Dr. John McDougall. Check out

www.drmcdougall.com He is the epitomy of vegetarianism. The man is holy! :D No animal products, no dairy and NO fats or oil...His plan is so strict, I think you'd have to be a saint to follow it.

LOL! But, there are people who are doing it and are very happy eating that way. It's my goal...what I'm working toward!

When you look at it really, it's the way humans were meant to eat. We didn't have meat very often and we didn't poor oil on our foods or cook with it or use butter on bread. We ate nuts, seeds, and avacados and coconuts for fats. Mc Dougall isn't even thrilled by soy. He thinks soy is to fatty to eat all the time. Some people complain of dry skin and hair on his plan. But I'm telling you he has a lot of testimonials of people beating life threatening illnesses including cancer switching to his plan.

What is everyone's blood type? That's another plan I was interested in. The Blood Type Diet. I'm an "A" blood type. We're supposed to be vegetarians. "B" can eat a mix of meat and vegetables and dairy. "O" should eat like Atkins, heavy meat and low carb and "AB" should be pretty close to "A" but can have a little more meat. The Dr. who developed this plan also doesn't believe that anyone should eat wheat.

Viola 1 Rookie

Hi everyone ... I wrote a nice long post last night and just before I posted it my server cut out and I couldn't get back on line :angry::( I need one with great big crocodile tears :lol: Anyway, you know that I was thinking of all of you yesterday.

I also said that I blew my diet big time with speggettii (tinkyada), parmasen cheese, peas and salad... I did use low cal salad dressing :lol: But it was so good to have pasta for a change .. of course I bloated, but worth it now and then.

I'm short of time this afternoon, so won't do personals, but do hope that everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Autumn, with all the running around you are doing this weekend, you can get away with blowing the diet a bit :P

So far today

B- 2 eggs and an orange

L- English muffin with low fat cheese spread, and four squares of that almond/dark chocolate bar :ph34r: Too many carbs in the muffin, but, Oh well, I better get myself in hand quickly, want to loose 10 pounds before show time in Aug.

The weather is the pits today, so can't get out for any extra exersise. Did have a quick walk early this morning though.

Viola 1 Rookie

I'm AB blood type.

I think my diet is supposed to be chocolate and wine, with salad of course :lol:

Mayflowers Contributor
I'm AB blood type.

I think my diet is supposed to be chocolate and wine, with salad of course :lol:

HA! HA! HA! Funny Shirley :lol: . AB huh? You can have more things than me. I'm the most delecate of the blood types and have to be the most careful of my diet. BUT, the good news is that "A" blood types, rarely if ever get the flu. We're naturally immune to it. Most flu strains are "B". I can say in my 50 years I've never gotten it. (I'm knocking on wood)

I'd like to say that I've lost 2 pounds this week!! This is HUGE! I've never lost 2 pounds in a week since I was 15 years younger! WOOOO WHHOOOOO! (dancing like the llama in The Emporer's New Grove) Uh, huh, uh huh, uh huh uh huh.....I've been doing the CAD but trying to incorporate McDougall eating the last few days. I eat eggs in the morning, A shake for lunch or salad or both, if I'm really hungry and then a vegetarian low fat dinner. McDougall is right. Vegetables fill me up more than meat and I feel more satisfied~!! Only 23 more pounds to go... :( I hope I can keep up the momentum. I cut out dairy the last few days.. dairy could have been screwing me up. It's really hard to give up everything all at once. I'm trying to go with the lesser of the evils...

cybermommy Newbie

Thanks for all your support guys. Grandma is in a better place now, with no pain or sorrow. It is just difficult for those of us left behind. Like I told my cousin's daughter (about 8 yo), this is only temporary, we will see grandma again when we get to heaven. Funeral had to be moved to teus. My daughter made it in safely from Kentucky & my cousin who was in Taiwan arrived today. I hate the circumbstances, but it sure is nice to have everyone home.

My daughter was supposed to be tested Friday for celiac disease (she is symptomatic), but she had to reschedule because she had to hop a plane home. I told my cousin's little boy (age 6) that I had celiac disease & couldn't have gluten, just like him. I got a big smile & he asked me if that was why I made the gluten free pasta salad at Christmas. I told him no, I didn't know I had it then, I made that special for you. His eyes twinkled & you could tell it meant a lot to him. After grandma died he immediately said he wanted to go home. Concerned about how he was coping he was questioned about why. He said: "I want to e-mail God & tell him grandma is on her way & that she makes the best pizzas." Children can teach us a lot about coping ;)

I can't remember all I have eaten since last posting, but I have done fairly well diet wise. I have to admit to a couple of caffeine free dr peppers this weekend, but I had slack enough for the calories.

Today we all went to church at my parent's church. We felt like Dad needed the support. I have taken communion since I was 7. I didn't even think about it having gluten. I sat in worship & it hit me! :blink::wacko: My daughter said I looked like a commercial for preparation-H. :huh: I wound up having to go to the bathroom before services were over (yep the big D). I got a massive headache & my fibromyalgia like syptoms hit (better tonight). My "exzema" (we all know what it really is, right?) is flaring up now though. I had been so careful even checking my meds & toiletries. <_< I did a dummy, but it won't happen again. I will use rice crackers (unleavened) for communion in the future.

I love how everyone shares bits of their real life here. I like the diet support & the help coping w/ celiac disease (both very helpful), but I really enjoy the sharing & genuine concern for each other. It is kinda like the feeling of a quilting bee or a spinning group, where you are sitting around being productive at a common intrest while you share your lives. :D

God Bless You All,

Deb

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cybermommy Newbie
I'm AB blood type.

I wanna change blood types w/ you! :D I like that diet. :P

I forgot about the blood types. I am type 0. Yes, my body requires hi protein, low carb. If I ignore this to much I will wind up w/ a blood sugar that spikes into the 300's then dives to 30. When measured at 30 I was still concious (I have passed out from it). Fortunately I have had this under control for many years. :)

Hang in there ladies,

Deb

Viola 1 Rookie

Wow Diana!!!! 2 pounds !!! Yipee for you :D That is just super.

I didn't show any weight loss this week. But my scale is digital, so maybe a bit, but not a whole pound. :lol: That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

Our snow is pretty much gone now, so I finally got my little Sheba out running around today. It was a beautiful day and although I have a ton of stuff to get done, I decided going out was more important :lol: I don't know if I will agree with that when printing day comes around on Thurs. But what the heck ... Sheba and I had fun. :D

Deb, I love the way your cousin's little boy is looking at loosing your grandma. That's so special and a wonderful way of thinking. Good for him for sharing with all the adults and lifting some of the sadness.

It's a shame about the wafer though, I do hope you are feeling better. Those little attention getters do creep up on us, especially in stressful situations as we are not totally thinking of diets.

Autumn, you have had quite a weekend! I hope you have recuperated and had some time to rest by now! How did the party turn out?

Not much excitement here today. I'm still painting the Christmas display, will be at that for a few weeks yet I expect. I go downstairs every morning that we are staying home and paint. It's fun. The elves, angels, deer etc. haven't been done for a few years, so I'm having fun giving them different coloured clothes and bright sparkly presents and ribbons. I just spinkle sparkles of the appropriet colours in the wet paint :lol: I feel like a kid with a special colouring book :lol:

I get to paint again tomorrow, but then have to go into Nelson on Tues. for groceries and doctor's appointment. So, that will be a busy day. So I will enjoy tomorrow at home.

This afternoon I put two more 'doggy' cushions together for the Kennel club raffle. Also did a bit of quilting on the 'doggy' quilt. It goes to the same place. Then spent the rest of the time out in the sunshine :P

So for today;

B- gluten-free cereal and skim milk

L- two pieces of cheese, an orange and a couple pieces of dark chocolate with almonds

D- Stir fry pork with a few home made hashbrowns and salad

S- popcorn and a banana

UR Groovy Explorer
I used quilting to quit smoking, and then ended up teaching it for 20 years. So quitting smoking gave me a bonus :P

Shirley, There

lonewolf Collaborator
I love how everyone shares bits of their real life here. I like the diet support & the help coping w/ celiac disease (both very helpful), but I really enjoy the sharing & genuine concern for each other. It is kinda like the feeling of a quilting bee or a spinning group, where you are sitting around being productive at a common intrest while you share your lives. :D

I agree! This is about the only thread I come on here for anymore and I really appreciate the support and accountability.

Yes, my body requires hi protein, low carb. If I ignore this to much I will wind up w/ a blood sugar that spikes into the 300's then dives to 30. When measured at 30 I was still concious (I have passed out from it). Fortunately I have had this under control for many years.

Deb - I'm just like this. I've actually driven myself to the doctor and had my blood sugar be 42 and they couldn't believe that I drove myself. It's a lot better since I discovered all my food intolerances almost 11 years ago, but I still don't do well if I eat too many carbs. When I was on prednisone I developed "steroid induced" diabetes and was told that it was something that I'd have to watch carefully. Sorry about your slip up with the communion wafer. I didn't realize that I was that sensitive to gluten and used to get horrible stomach aches after church on communion Sundays until I figured it out.

Kat - I've heard that it's very normal to gain weight quickly when first quitting smoking. Good for you to get back in the battle. Hey, how do you get multiple quotes in your reply? I keep trying to figure that out and can't get it to work.

Shirley - How nice that your snow is gone and that you can get out more. Sheba must be loving it too.

Diana - Congratulations on the 2 pounds! Woo hoo! Doesn't it feel great?

Autumn - How did your daughter's party go? And how did your lasagne turn out?

Hi everyone else - Hope you're all doing well!

I had another 2 pound loss this week. I'm amazed. I haven't had weight come off like this for a long time, but then, I'm more motivated and have been working out 6 days a week in addition to sticking with my eating program.

Have I told you all about "losing my marbles"? Last Easter, I decided to lose weight and set a 35 pound goal. I took two jelly jars, put 35 marbles in one and labeled it "TO LOSE". I labeled the other jar, "LOST". I lost 14 pounds between Easter and September, but then gained some back after my surgery and then went up and down for a while. It wasn't fun putting marbles back into the "to lose" jar. Now, I have 19 marbles in the "lost" jar and only 16 in the "to lose" jar. It's been fun losing 8 of my marbles in the past month. My kids do tease me though...

Today, so far:

B - 2 pieces of celery with almond butter

Edited to add:

L - 1 slice deli turkey, guacamole (made with 1/2 avacado), yellow pepper strips, carrot sticks, apple, 1 Tbs almond butter

S - Cinnamon/pecan flavored Clif Nectar bar

D - Chicken leg cooked in bbq sauce, rice, apple

Edit in the evening - My girls won again! We're 8-1 and still tied for first place. My daughter scored 10 points tonight and it was a great game. I'm so proud of them! We play the team we're tied with on Thursday. March Madness is happening right here in our town!

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi all,

I had a busy weekend as well--didn't get a chance to post here, but I managed to eat pretty sensibly. I didn't use the treadmill, but went out with Mark shopping and doing errends on Saturday afternoon and most of the day Sunday.

I've read every word, though, of what everyone has posted. I really like the support we have here for each other.

Weighed myself this morning--still the same. I wonder how long I'll plateau here? :unsure: It's better than gaining, though, so I'll take it. ;)

I'm laying low today--woke up with mild vertigo. I'm thinking it probably has something to do with my seasonal allergies. I've been sneezing and having itchy eyes now for about a week. Thinking seriously of resuming my Zyrtek....

Just what I need, another source of brain fog :blink::lol:

Hope you all had a nice weekend :)

UR Groovy Explorer
Hey, how do you get multiple quotes in your reply? I keep trying to figure that out and can't get it to work.

Have I told you all about "losing my marbles"?

Here's how I do multiple quotes.

Before I reply, I go to the post(s) I want to quote & hit the "+ Quote" button, and then do the same to any other post/quote I want included. Then, I hit "Add Reply" instead of replying to any single post. All the quotes should be in your reply.

BTW, Have I told you all about losing my marbles? :o I like your way better !

moceansylvia- Newbie

Hi Everyone,

My name is Sylvia and I guess I am fairly new to this celiac situation. I detoxed and did so well and now I am slowing sliding downhill. The reason I checked this site was the weight issue. I have always struggled with this and can't get back on track.

At first, trying to figure out foods was hard and then the concept became simple. I lost 15 lbs. and felt great and now I am spiralling upward on the scale, major joint pain and feeling aggitated....I wonder why..ha ha.

I guess the idea of keeping food in its original state is a simple thought, but now I am much more daring and stupid on taking risks. Did anyone ever feel like this? I need to get back on track and hate cooking now and planning has become a pain in the neck.

I love proteins, hate bread....thank you

Guest AutumnE

Diana- That diet sounds like what I started yesterday. Im sick of feeling sick and Im not sure the cause of it, I still get diarrhea from organic meats and kosher meats I think. Honestly I'm just not sure anymore what I can eat. I get migraines from corn and it was to a point not long ago that I was afraid to try anything. I dont like soy due to my thyroid problems and try and avoid it. Im "O" blood type but Im not sure if I'm eating correctly since I still dont feel good. Congratulations on the 2 pound lost!

Shirley- The party went great :) Unfortunately four guests didnt turn up due to stomach flu. Our snow is gone too thankfully, I love spring time weather and Im excited for it to get warm. Last week we had a day it was 69 degrees :D Such a teaser! Im excited to take Ashley to the zoo, the parks and on my dad's boat. It cant get here fast enough. I would love to see your Christmas decorations if you get a chance to post them. We have a store here that is a huge christmas store open all year. Its called Bronner's. Its in a tiny german town. We are heading up there friday for Ashley's visit to the easter bunny.

Deb- That is so sweet about your cousin's son :) You are sweet for doing it for him. I had alot of allergies as a kid, Still do, and my grandma at holidays would make me special foods just for me. She had seven other dishes to prepare and she would prepare usually three extra just for me to eat. It made me feel so loved. Its one of my best memories of my grandma how she always looked out for me and didnt want me to feel weird because I couldnt share in the dinner with everyone else. Im sorry you got glutened. Its gets the best of me too sometimes. Alot of times I dont even know how it happened. I love the suppourt too, its one of the rare threads I go to anymore on here. I have alot of family members that have died early and I never met my grandpa on my dad's side, he died when my dad was in vietnam. I also look forward to the day when I can see them again.

Kat- I have faith in you with quitting I know you will get there. Those pounds will go away again when your ready to diet again. First focus on one thing at a time. Maybe you could save up the money that you would have spent on cigarettes and either buy something or save it to plan a trip so you can see the extra money.

Liz- The lasagna turned out great, I used your advice. Everyone loved it. My sister in law who eats gluten fully called and asked for the recipe :) The party turned out wonderful except for a few guests having the stomach flu. Her grandparents gave her two big gifts. It wouldnt normally be a problem but my house is barely 900 square feet with no basement. Im so overrun with toys. This is her 3rd kitchen, her other ones were baby toys so Im donating toys to my mom and dad's

for the grandkids to play with when they are over there. Im also donating baby toys to the goodwill.Congratulations on the win! The marbles in a jar sounds cool, its nice to have a visual. I need to do something to inspire me a bit.

Patti- It sounds like you had a good weekend. Im stuck on a plateau too, My weight doesnt want to budge much. Im changing it up though to see if I can kickstart it again. I have the allergy symptoms too. Im allergic to mold, grass, trees and leaves so right now its kicking in.

Sylvia- Welcome :) I did great at first too till I healed then all my other intolerances kicked in. I had to go back to basics to get it working again. I freeze leftovers with my food saver. I try and make big batches of food so its easy just to thaw and eat.

Well, the party went great :) Im so happy for it to be done though. The rushing around drove me nuts. Ashley's gifts were a kitchen set with utensils, pots and pans, chef apron and hat and hot pads. Clothes, lite brite set, craft stuff, coloring and sticker books, doll house furniture and the dolls to go with it and the doll house. The food turned out wonderful. The clown cake took me about 2 hours to decorate but it turned out well. We picked up her pictures yesterday and I'll post them soon. Today I had to go back to the dentist. My crown is still sensitive and heat sensitive. We are watching it to see what to do. I hope I dont need a root canal.

I have changed up my diet. Im sick of feeling yucky and having unexplained diarrhea so Im following dr fine's diet and see if its the meat. So far yesterday and today went well, Im keeping my fingers crossed it works. So basically no meat, dairy, peanuts, corn, grains,caffiene, sugar,soy or salt. Im hopeful and I want to try and stop my stomach upset.

Food for the day-

Breakfast- Nectarines, celery, and almonds, water

Lunch- carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower and almonds, spearmint leaves with honey

Dinner- Im not sure?

I have been snacking in between with veggies and fruit and a little raw almond butter. Im nervous about b12 so I need to see how much nuts I need to eat. I never in a million years expected to go to this route but Im sick of having stomach problems, I have done meat free years ago but I had grains then too. Weight yesterday was the same but Im anxious to see how this diet change will work for next week's weigh in.

lonewolf Collaborator

Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well.

Got another good workout in today and didn't have a chance to eat much between running errands, working and getting my daughter to cheerleader tryouts.

B - handful of almonds and 1/4 apple

L - 1/2 avacado, 10 rice crackers, carrot sticks, banana, 2 Tbs almond butter

D - 3 oz ground turkey patty with a splash of ketchup, cooked broccoli, carrot sticks, 1 very small (think golf ball) potato

S - apple

Viola 1 Rookie

Hi everyone! Sylvia welcome! It's super that you have come in to join us :D

I think I lost a day somewhere :huh: I can't remember posting yesterday. :lol:

Anyway, we were in Nelson all day again today. Had a doctor's appointment and I do have ulcers .. wonderful :( He's given me some meds to try and heal them up, and thankfully they are gluten free.

If they aren't feeling better in a couple of weeks he wants me back for a scope to see exactly which ulcer he is dealing with. He's hoping it's not the one caused by bacteria, he says the treatment for that is gross and not fun. :lol: His words ... I love a down to earth doctor :lol: Anyway, the blood test shows no sign of this bacteria, so it's likely the old fashioned ulcer that these pills can help heal.

We got our groceries too, so got lots of exersise up and down all the isles. Also took Sheba for a 45 minute walk this morning. So that should have fixed lunch in town :P

Autumn, I've never posted any pictures on the web as I use so many of my pictures writing the newsletter every month, which means that I'm constantly cutting them, changing them to Black and White, more light, contrast change etc. Maybe I'll put some of them on my avatar. I'll take my camera downstairs next time I paint and take pictures of the bright new faces. :D I have some old pictures of them on the computer, but they are looking a bit faded after several years.

The oldest ones are 34 years old now. But they are all fairly large. Santa's sleigh is 4feet high and 8 feet long, and all except the snow children and Rudolf and his little girl friend are 4 feet high and width in prospective. The snow children and little reindeer are about 3 1/2 feet high. There are 19 ornaments in all, and we have them out amoung a couple of spruce trees which are lit up as well. I love the Christmas season :lol: New Years Day we usually have "Doggy pictures with Santa" as Santa is much too busy before then. Of course there is a big coffee party after and everyone shares their left over Christmas goodies. As we have three Celiac doggy people, there's some of that too :P

Patti, I get vertigo from allergies too. I just hate that feeling. It's usually worse this time of year as there is so much mold on the grass under the snow. And hubby is busy raking up the winter mess, which just makes it air borne I think.

My poor little Sheba is allergic to molds too, so we are both on allergy meds. She's so good taking them. I see she has been scrating a hole near her ear now though, so I'm treating that ... at least she doesn't have great bare patches that she had the first year before we figured it out.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day too, we are going to go and bottle my wine :P I will let it sit for awhile before I drink it of course, but it will be nice to have it in the cold room. Yummmm

Today went like this..

B- gluten-free cereal in skim milk

L- gluten-free chicken fried rice and sweet and sour pork at Amanda's restaurant

D- my left over Chinese food

S- popcorn and a glass of wine.

Guest AutumnE
Got another good workout in today and didn't have a chance to eat much between running errands, working and getting my daughter to cheerleader tryouts.

Congrats on the workout, I miss working out at the gym. I need to make it more of a priority on the weekends. How did your daughter do at tryouts? I was a cheerleader in high school also.

Anyway, we were in Nelson all day again today. Had a doctor's appointment and I do have ulcers .. wonderful :( He's given me some meds to try and heal them up, and thankfully they are gluten free.

Im sorry you have ulcers but its much better than surgery with lasting problems. I hope the meds work for you. My aunt had the same thing and felt tremendously better within weeks. I would love to see the pics. I love christmas too.

Well today was good and not so good. The good part was me and Ashley had fun and were able to get out of the house. The not so good part was the "D" setting it. It must be the nuts. I wonder if I was eating too much meat. Im cutting back since I seem to get diarrhea from it and might stick to chicken mostly. Im so sick of intolerances and not feeling well. I know I will figure it out eventually but its just taking so much time.

Food today was

Apples, pears, walnuts, cucumber

Lara bars, peaches, cucumber

Banana, cauliflower, almonds

Basically snacking all day but Im weak! Its not enough for me, I was getting a frequent crash and burn feeling before I ate again and my meals were close together. Well Im off to play candy land with my daughter, yeah she is still up! She is playing with her barbie's. She took a huge nap this afternoon which is throwing off her schedule wish me luck to have her in bed by midnight since she is wide awake still :blink:

Im not though!

lonewolf Collaborator
How did your daughter do at tryouts? I was a cheerleader in high school also.

She finds out on Saturday. :)

No workout today - too tired after working and running errands and making dinner, etc. Still have to take the dog for a walk though, so will make it a long one.

B - Buckwheat toaster waffle with a smidgeon of applesauce

S - handful of almonds

L - apple with 2 Tbs almond butter, carrot sticks, grapes

S - Cherry pie Lara bar

D - taco salad made with ground turkey and all the yummy stuff on it, a handful of tortilla chips

My daughter made chocolate chip cookies and I successfully resisted the strong temptation to "have just one". Good thing they were chocolate - giving it up for Lent made this easier. I'm already starting to think about what I'm going to make for my dessert on Saturday!

Mayflowers Contributor

Autumn - If you took what you ate today and put it in a Vitamix, it would be pretty tasty!

Breakfast- Nectarines, celery, and almonds, water

Lunch- carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower and almonds, spearmint leaves with honey

See? Sounds like 2 pretty good smoothies. Vitamix makes whole juices but the fiber makes one.....go. :)

B - HB eggs

L- salad plain tuna, small piece of dark choc.

D - Tempeh saute'd with mushrooms, sweet potato, oat bran muffs, salad from home grown lettuce. Tempeh is good with horseradish sauce or barbecue sauce.

My sinues are acting up...anyone else? It feels like a sinus infection... they hurt. I hate those thing. I have nothing blooming yet in jersey. It can't be pollen. Time for a Z pack. I'm taking a college math course so if you don't hear from me...I'm studying.. :rolleyes: I don't want to be rude.

Shirley - my doc said the same thing. Don't take antihistamines with a sinus infection, it dries it up and it stays up there. I take plain sudafed decongestant. The one with the ephedrine that's behind the pharmacy counter :ph34r: LOL! I can't tolerate the perscription ones. They're too strong and make me drowsy and I can't work..

Have you noticed I don't eat much fruit? I'm not a big fruit lover. But I like summer fruit. I read that in studies, increasing fruit, increased triglycerides and therefore heart attack risk. I like berries and summer fruit but it has to be juicy and ripe.

Viola 1 Rookie

Hi all; I seem to be hitting every second day lately. It's been crazy busy here. Spring time for sure. The Kennel club has numerous things on the go, and we are getting ready to open the golf course up for the season. Hubby is down there now clearing winter downed branches etc. I'm off to print the newsletter in Slocan at 5:00 today. Will take some of them into Nelson on Sat. to give to the Kennel Club members that will be at our annual dog education day at the mall, I'll mail the rest.

Yup, I agree, it could have been much worse than ulcers ;) I'll be thankful for small blessings :D

With the good weather Sheba and I are getting out for two good walks a day. In the morning with hubby along it is 45 min. But in the afternoon it is shorter in time, but as Sheba and I are alone I make her walk much faster and we go down to number eight fairway on the golf course and climb all the steep hills. :lol: Number eight goes up three very steep levels ... we call it the hell hole when we are out golfing :lol: that's because our balls are always hitting the ridge of the next level and rolling all the way back down. :rolleyes: Very maddening. The best I've ever done on that hole is 9 strokes ... it's a par 5. I'm quite often up around 12 strokes. Oh well ......

Liz, good luck to your daughter, I'll be rooting for her!

Diana, sinus infections are really miserable. I don't know if you are taking allergy meds or not, but the doctor told me that they make the sinus worse. Instead of antihistamines he told me to take decongestants, and they seem to work much better. However, I quite often end up taking both as the decongestants don't do anything for hives etc. :( Oh the joys :lol:

Lets see ... yesterday was

B- 2 boiled eggs and an orange

L- Peanut butter (low fat) and banana sandwich

D- Lemon pepper sole, 1/2 heated left over potato, salad and cream corn

S- Tapioca pudding and small piece of chocolate :ph34r: Can't seem to shake that chocolate addiction.

Today so far

B- gluten-free cereal in skim milk

L- two boiled eggs and an orange

S- popcorn

D- Not sure ... I won't be home, so will grab something simple when I get back.

Hubby, will get his own :lol:

lonewolf Collaborator

I worked out and ate well today, but I'm so sad that my team played badly and lost this afternoon. :( We ended up in a three-way tie for first place, and the league coordinator drew names out of a hat to determine "seeding" for the tournament and we drew #3. So we play a team that we've beaten twice, but they'e really good and definitely out to get us. The ups and downs of the sports world...

B - 2 pieces turkey bacon

S - Cashew Cookie Lara Bar

L - Deli turkey and lettuce on brown rice tortilla, apple

D - Homemade sweet and sour chicken, rice, salad

Viola 1 Rookie

Hi all;

I'm going to be in Nelson all day tomorrow, so thought I'd better pop in tonight.

Liz, that's a shame that you dropped a game, but never mind ... you will do just great, I know it!

Do remember to have fun either way! That's the most important.

I've put my cute little angel decorating the tree on my avatar. The tree has a string of 70 LED mini lights on it when she is ready to display.

Anyway, for today

B- gluten-free cereal with skim milk

L- a breakfast bar, banana and a few M&Ms

D- A few french fries done in the oven, one extra lean hamburger patti, salad

S- tapioca pudding, popcorn and I'm now drinking a glass of wine.

It's Chinese food for dinner tomorrow after the dog information/obedience/conformation/and agility demos. :P

Have a great weekend everyone!

cybermommy Newbie
I need to get back on track and hate cooking now and planning has become a pain in the neck.

I love proteins, hate bread....thank you

Sylvia, Welcome. One of my favorite no real planning meals consist of: Banquet Chicken Classics (Herb Roasted) for a mere 100 calories & either a can of green beans or asparagus, which is only 70 calories for the whole can. I sometimes melt a bit of cheese on the asparagus. The chicken is frozen, precooked, so I just pop it in the micro. :)

Patti & Autumn, Don't worry about the plateaus. Sometimes you lose lbs, sometimes inches. I focus more on inches lost than lbs. Tape measures are handy & home scales are notoriously inaccurate. Most of the time I weigh at the vet's office. :P

Liz, I love the marble idea. :) My kids would tell you I've lost ALL of mine. ;)

Shirley, Sorry to hear about the ulcers, but yes, it could be worse. I had a lot of trouble with ulcers when I was young. I took a med called Carafate (It forms a patch over the ulcer, allowing it to heal stronger than surrounding tissue.) I have never had problems since. I don't know if this is still available but it works great. (Also don't know if it is gluten-free) I will be praying for you.

Diana, I just got over a sinus infection. Yuck! Hate to hear you are getting one. Seasonal allergies are not just affected by what is in bloom in your area. The pollen blows in on the wind too. Mountain Cedar blows in here from the west. :( Yes I too suffer from multiple allergies. Zyrtec is my friend :)

How long does it normally take after you get "glutened" to recover? The rash is almost gone, but the GI problems are still really bad. The only thing my gut doesn't cramp over & send on the express route out, are my shakes. I am still bleeding & have other, grosser, symptoms. :wacko: It is also causing me some seizure problems. :o I basically just need a mental goal to get me through. I was feeling so good off the gluten, I wanna get back to feeling that way again. :D

As to diet, I have done pretty well most days. Today I cheated a bit & ate things I know are a bit easier on my gut. Nothing stays long anyways :blink:

I am the Sign Language interpreter at church & I had it hit me during worship this morning. :ph34r: In Deaf culture, you don't just leave. You explain where you are going & why in some situations. Deaf culture is very blunt. So in front of the congregation I am holding my gut in pain, explaining that I have to go to the toilet because I have diarhea. Ok, God, I am humble now! :huh::ph34r:

Take care ladies & hang in there,

Deb

Mayflowers Contributor

Mornin' Ladies,

I'm at work as usual... <_< Next year when my son graduates high school, I'm retiring...

I weighed in and I'm a pound up.. :angry:Ca-rap. When you're peri meno, anything can be the cause, hormones, water...I'm thinking water... 1. Didn't drink my 6-8 glasses this week and I haven't exercised as much because of studying. At my age you have to exercise or you won't lose. I didn't cheat but I stopped dairy and my absorption got better.. a little too better. So, back on the cheese! :D

Shirley and Liz - I killed my sinus infection for the most part using nasal saline spray. I just kept using it every hour or two at work and drenching my sinuses with salt plus Sudafed the real stuff, and I was much better the next day. Almost completely gone! I also use a homeopathic remedy from www.nativeremedies.com called

Immunity Plus, immune booster. That stuff is great. I used it only 2 times..15 drops in water. I also use it along with UTI Clear when I feel one coming and it kills that infection too! It's great not to have to go on antibiotics anymore for trivial stuff which is bad for your body and screws up your immune system even more.

So far today, B - Coffee, cheese :ph34r: omlette

Archived