This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Weight Loss Suppourt Thread (shannonl) And Any Others Who Want To Join

Guest AutumnE

Mayflowers Contributor
Hey all...MISS ME? LOL

Well here is the scoop. I am just frustrated so I havenet been posting much...still reading though. I have been having a lot of diarrhea and stomach pains. I went to the allergist yesterday and will be tested for other foods next week. I thought it was lactose...but now I am confused. I have NO appetite till about 10am...then I am hungry but maing poor choices becuase my tummy hurts. I FORCED myself to eat the chili I had for lunch yesterday. This morning I have been to the bathroom already 4 times in 1.5 hours!!! I have lost another pound. I think this is 3 now.

Yesterday I ate:

B-slim fast optima (lactose free)

L-chili with tortilla chips

S-almonds

D-hamburger with mozzerella and tater tots

I know I need vegetables and fruits. My stomach is so uncomfortable though they sound gross to me.

Autumn: I stopped the metformin...I am having enough diarrhea without it. I am sure it was making me feel more fatigue.

On the good side: Paige drank 1 oz of milk and was good!! I had the epi pen out just in case..... Not even a hive! I will try some more in a cople of days. She is a little congested from teething and dont want to get confused.

WELL I am off to get my dd and my haircuts. My 4yo has hair to her bottom and wants to get 10" cut off for locks of love....so we will see if I can do it. Her hair is soooo pretty. I am afraid I will cut all of the curls out. I think a haircut will make me feel nice.

I almost forgot to tell you all......WE ARE HAVING A NEW HOME BUILT!!! I am soooo excited. That is what we did Tuesday. We went and picked out all of the colors. Now I have to clean and organoze this house so we can sell it.

Have a good weekend. I will see you all MONDAY

Hi,

Hey Shannon, I'm thinking you have a virus or bacterial. You should see a regular MD. I had a virus once that gave me diarrhea for almost a month. I lost 7 pounds. I took every thing and nothing worked until I took a prescription medication and that took care of it.. Drink gatorade and a lot of fluids. You'll get dehyrdated from having diarrhea this long girl.

I weighed my self this morning and I lost another pound. whoopie. <_< I'm still a pound away from where I started eating the evil muffins. So, 4 weeks to lose 4 pounds that I gained in 5 days. I hate getting older.. :angry: Acutally this proves that I don't have malabsorption when I eat gluten free...lol. It goes directly to storage. That's probably why a lot of us gained weight since going gluten free. I have to be strict on not eating too much grains.

Ladies I hope you're all doing well. I just thought that Liz our food aholic might do much better on protein in the morning instead of grains, which stimulate the appetite...That's what the Carbohydrate Addict's diet is all about. We're addicted to carbs..and they put weight easily on us. By limiting the meal that you eat carbs, you actually start losing your desire for them and you lose your appetite. It's great not being hungry or desiring food so much.. Last night I took my Puppy (my 14 year old son) for his birthday, and my big son (Punky) to dinner at Olive Garden and I had wine, shrimp/asparagus risotto,with extra parmesean cheese, salad and a cappucino with whipped cream. They gave him a birthday cake of which I scraped some frosting off of it....sooo good. Nice to wake up a pound thinner after eating all that salt the night before. I might have hit another pound down if I ate at home...oh, well there's next week....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lonewolf Collaborator

It's nice to see you all back, Shannon, Autumn and Diana!

Shannon, it does sound like you should go see the doctor.

Diana - at least you've lost those pounds back! Yes, getting older is frustrating - darn these metabolisms!

Autumn - so glad you're feeling better and back on track. Maybe you'll get lucky and keep those 6 pounds off!

Yes, the food-aholic does need to eat more protein in the mornings. I actually understand the whole idea, but just have not had self-discipline, and being on a tight budget haven't been buying my normal turkey bacon or chicken sausage that I like to eat for breakfast. I wish I could eat eggs and yogurt!

I didn't do well yesterday, so I won't even bother listing my intake. I ate too much sugar :( .

At least I've been exercising regularly. The kids and I went for a nice walk and stair running adventure through an office complex parking lot last night before the rain hit. We used to love the woods and were sad when they cut all the trees and put in 3 large office buildings, but now we try to make the best of it. We can go there at night and take the dog off-leash and run around and not worry about cars.

My daughter wants me to confess that I tried to buy a can of coconut macaroons (to share with all 4 kids, of course) but she made me put them back. I shouldn't eat them because of the egg white anyway.

One of my frustrations is that my skin is so broken out from psoriasis that I'm embarrassed to wear short sleeves. Luckily, it's not on my face, just everywhere else. This has been going on for over 20 years and I'm just so tired of it. And when I feel self-conscious and embarrassed I tend to be an emotional eater. I need to go on a diet of fish, rice, fruit and vegetables, but I'm just stubborn. I've gotten so good at cooking/baking gluten-free that it's easy and fun to eat too much! And I'm the type that my food goes "directly to storage", so it's disastrous. Thank goodness I have an active job and like to exercise!

Sorry to ramble and vent. I hope you're all having a good weekend!

Kaycee Collaborator

AutumnE, glad you are feeling better. Lost 6lbs, thats great, but like you said most likely water!

Aren't husbands funny, playing on Wii's. But there are worse habits. I read that bit out to my son, who is a Wii fan and couldn't understand what the problem is, as like he says Wii's are fun, all you have to do is flail your arms around. But in having said that, there is no problem with playing on Wii's, it just that I don't imagine grown men finding them fun things. But that is just my idea, and I know of a couple of men who have bought playstations for themselves and not their kids. I did like Crash Bandicoot, but haven't touched the playstation since I got onto computers.

Sorry about your eyes, mine are getting close to glaucoma so I know how you feel. Went to eye doc in December and have to go back soon for a recheck, it can be heredity and my dad has it, so that is just another set of genes I have probably inherited. But the good thing about it is that I won back the cost of my new lenses, awhopping $800. I will never ever consider laser surgery, I am too scared that something might go wrong. I'm a scaredy cat.

I'm not so frustrated today. Had a huge helping of chocolate on Friday and Saturday. Half the problem has been chips from the chippie on Thursday and my period arriving. Both are not good for me. I think the chips had traces of gluten in them, but I do eat them on occassions, but it always seems to be the same old story the next day. Time to give them up!

So I am back. Will be an horrible week this as we have ERO at school. Inspectors and they go through the whole school with fine tooth combs looking till they find discrepencies and nail us. So stressful. Still by Friday, that will be all over and done with.

Hope you all have a good weeks.

Cathy

Viola 1 Rookie

Hi all!

Autumn I'm so glad that you are feeling better! And it's great to see Diana and Shannon back too :D

We spent the day in Trail today. It's dog day at the mall ... that's when the Kennel Club takes our dogs to the mall and educates in the different breeds, what they're bred for, how to groom and train them and how children should approach and pet dogs etc. Do obedience demos and such. It's fun, but tiring for both dogs and handlers. Next month we go to the Nelson mall.

Liz, my hubby had psoriasis big time on his knees. He had knee surgery for arthritis caused by psoriasis. But guess what? After the surgery, the psoriasis went away. Completely! We kinda think it might be that idodine type stuff that they paint the surgery area with before hand. I'm sure it's some kind of disinffectant, but you know, it might be worth a try if you can get some from your doctor. Or at least find out what it is and maybe get some from a pharmasist.

I don't think I posted my in take yesterday, haven't had much time on line so far this weekend. And of course when I go to town my diet is nuts.

B- was my usual cereal

S- A breakfast bar

L- skipped, nothing in the mall food outlets for me

S- DQ sundae on the way out of Trail :lol:

D- A few shoe string potato chips done in the oven and four little BBQ chicken wings

S- popcorn and will have wine later ... that's considered a fruit ... right :huh:

I sure didn't get any fruits and veggies in today :o

Oh yes ... I weighed in at 5:30 this morning and I did manage to drop a pound, must be all the running around this week.

lonewolf Collaborator
Liz, my hubby had psoriasis big time on his knees. He had knee surgery for arthritis caused by psoriasis. But guess what? After the surgery, the psoriasis went away. Completely! We kinda think it might be that idodine type stuff that they paint the surgery area with before hand. I'm sure it's some kind of disinffectant, but you know, it might be worth a try if you can get some from your doctor. Or at least find out what it is and maybe get some from a pharmasist.

Shirley - is your husband gluten-free too? I had debilitating Psoriatic Arthritis at age 32 and it went away when I eliminated wheat/gluten, dairy, eggs and soy from my diet. I'm supposed to be in a wheelchair! Ha ha, the joke is on the doctors. Seriously though, my joint pain started coming back when I started eating gluten grains (not even wheat) and I haven't had a single ache now for about 3 years - since I discovered that gluten, rather than wheat, was causing other health problems. The rheumatologist had wanted me to take Methotrexate and Plaquinil, but I changed my diet instead with wonderful results.

Mayflowers Contributor

Liz that's fantastic that you cured yourself! THAT'S the kind of medicine we need! I had a lot of knee pain all week and I couldn't figure out why it suddenly started hurting again..Then it hit me

evil muffins. I had been eating them one every other day to use them up (waste not...) and I realized it was the rice causing the pain in my knee! I stopped the muffins and the pain is going away..Unbelievable. It really stinks that food causes actual physical decline in our bodies when it should be nourishing us!! :angry:

My eczema cleared up after I stopped eating wheat and rye.

Viola - a DQ sundae? Girl, this is a weight loss support thread. Except you lost a pound? You must be young!

Mind if I ask how many pounds we all need to lose? I need to lose 30 pounds more.

Are some of you just maintaining?

Viola 1 Rookie

Liz, hubby isn't gluten free, he eats tons of gluten, but other than the one knee he is perfectly healthy. He has never in all his 69 years spent one full day in hospital. He spent a few hours there one time when someone ran into him and totalled the van. He ended up with some painful spots, but thankfully all were minor.

I'm sure glad the change in diet healed your joint problems, that's great, and so much better than taking drugs for it.

Diana, I only eat DQ sundaes when I'm in Castlegar or Trail, both are hard to eat in for a gluten free diet, so when I'm starving I go to DQ. But don't eat anything else with it, so it's a meal replacement. :lol: I wonder how many callories one has, I'll have to check out their website and see if they are listed.

I should probably drop 15 - 20 pounds or so, but would even be happy dropping 12 pounds. When you get over 60 it's getting really hard to drop. I've only got rid of 3 pounds since I've been in this thread. But I'm happy to be rid of those :lol: also, I've been working out a bit .. so, I've lost 1 1/2 inches around the waist and 2 " around the hip area, so I don't think the weight drop is all there is to it. If you are working out, you can actually gain a couple of pounds by making muscle instead of fat. At least that's the way I'm looking at it. Don't know if I'm right or not :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Kaycee Collaborator

My son is now the proud owner of Wii.

I am maintaining my weight. I would like to loose another stone and a half which makes about 35 pounds. Probably 15 kilos. It is a struggle. If Viola can get away with DQ Sundaes, that could be the secret to loosing weight. Nice thought. And Viola, I found it very easy to loose weight in my twenties, but now that I am only a few months away from 50 it is all so hard. I did manage to loose a bit prior to going gluten-free, but now that I am gluten-free, it is a totally new ball game. It is not only the weight that needs to be lost, but it is an attitude too that needs to be maintained to keep it off and to keep going.

Yesterday I ate

B Baked beans, poached eggs and stewed peaches.

Snacks banana and apple

Lunch 4 corn crackers with cheese and pickle and vege spread.

Tea 1 sausage with potato and brocolli and pumpkin.

Ice cream and peaches.

About 1500 calories.

Not bad after what I had been eating. Have got a new inspiration to diet. It must be Monday.

Cathy

lonewolf Collaborator
Mind if I ask how many pounds we all need to lose? I need to lose 30 pounds more.

I need to lose about 20 pounds, but would like to lose 31. (This would get me down to what my driver's license says. I actually did weigh that much when I got my license renewed a LONG time ago.) I'm a size 12 right now and am 5'7, so I'm not obese, but I'm definitely on the heavy side. I have an athletic frame and can "hide" weight well, but I'm to the point where I can't hide this. I would be thrilled to lose 5-7 pounds just in my chest!

Viola 1 Rookie

Okay, housework is all done, a person must burn off a few callories that way :ph34r: I hate housework :blink: Also managed to get into my sewing room and work on the doggy tote bags I'm making for the Kennel Club raffle. That's a fun thing, so that cheers me up :D

We had an extra long walk today. We can now all walk on top of the snow! Yippee! :lol: Sheba has been able to do it for about a month now, but I started about 10 days ago, and now the snow is finally holding hubby's weight. It's great that we don't have to stick to that narrow icy path that we had cut through the snow. Maybe tomorrow morning we can walk the whole perimiter of the golf course. That would be great!

It was clean out the fridge day today;

B- two Van's waffles with a tiny bit of syrup

S- none

L- Peanut butter and banana sandwich

S- popcorn

D- A Thai Kitchen garlic and veggie soup with about 1/3 of a cup of left over gluten-free pasta and a small sausage cut into it. (hubby had his left over pizza) Oh yes, I also had 8 gutino bread sticks with it.

S- probably popcorn and wine :lol: Exciting huh?

Cathy, have you tried that Wii? I've seen it advertized, and it does look like fun, maybe we should buy ourselves one :rolleyes:

Liz, you are tall! It would be so nice to reach the top cupboards. I claim 5'1 1/2, but my daughters tell me the 1/2 goes the other way. :lol:

lonewolf Collaborator

I've been afraid to weigh myself, but I did manage to get into a pair of pants this morning that was a bit too tight a couple of weeks ago. It must be all the running, walking, working out and stair climbing I've been doing lately.

Shirley - I don't usually feel tall, but I can reach all the cupboards. My 15 yo daughter is also 5'1 1/2 - not sure where she got the short genes. My 13 yo daughter is 5'7 1/2 - that's her pretty smile you can see in the corner of my avatar. (My 15 yo has a pretty smile too!)

Okay, let's see if I can remember.

B - small (2 oz?) turkey patty, small apple

L - 2 chicken tenderloins, 2 corn tortillas, salsa, 2 peanut butter cookies, apple

S - a few rice crackers, rice pudding (homemade), one prune

D - Middle Eastern meat patties with ketchup, rice, carrots, rice pudding

I almost ate a bowl of cereal, but thought about having to "confess", so I didn't. I decided to give up chocolate until Easter, so that temptation is out of the way. The kids have eaten almost half of the 10 pound bar - they've made fondue, more chocolate covered fruit, peanut butter cups and just eaten chunks. I'd love to have their metabolisms!

Guest ShannonL

Hey all, I am feeling much better today. I am pretty sure it was lactose or dairy. I have been avoiding it and was feeling much better. I ate ice cream tonight again and my stomach hurts. So for me that was the test. I will now try lactose free. See ifit is lactose or milk.

I did pretty good today. I even went to the beach and played frisbee AFTER cleaning the house!

B-cereal

L-chicken soup and tortilla chips

D-mahi mahi grilled, rice and green beans

S-ice cream

Have a great night

Shannon

lonewolf Collaborator

I weighed myself this morning after all and I have stayed the same. I'm still down one pound since we started this. Oh well, it's better than gaining.

I've decided that I need to get SERIOUS about this. I think I will allow myself to have a treat on Saturdays, that way I can tell myself during the week that it's not all deprivation. I gave myself a good look in the mirror and just decided that I don't want to look like this anymore. And a friend gave me a picture from a camping trip that is really, let's say, unflattering. But I know that's how I really look, so no more pretending. So I am going to need some serious support (and maybe some encouragement too).

So far today:

B - 2 apple slices with 1 Tbs. almond butter

S - went for a 1/2 mile walk with the dog and talked to a friend on the phone to take my mind off being hungry. (It's my day off, so no work to keep me occupied, except for the basketball game this afternoon.)

L - 1/2 C rice (yes, I measured), about 3 oz chicken breast stir-fried with onions, celery, zucchini, red, yellow and orange peppers, with a drizzle of olive oil and sesame oil.

S - I'm going to have 1/2 a large apple so I don't get too grouchy before coaching my basketball game.

Added later:

S - a "fruit-a-bu" fruit rollup thingy

D - 1+ Cup spaghetti squash, 5 meatballs in red sauce, green beans, 1/2 C applesauce

I just need some real accountability. This is cheaper than weight watchers. Maybe if I actually posted my weight I'd be really motivated to see it go down. :ph34r:

We won our basketball game and my daughter scored 10 points!

Viola 1 Rookie

:lol: Liz, isn't it the truth ... un-posed pictures will do it every time! I've seen a couple not so flattering ones of myself in the last year.

Both Sheba and I are on a diet .. I've got some un-posed pictures of her too :lol: And she's not any happier than me to be on a diet. :rolleyes:

I have a doctor's appt. in Nelson tomorrow. My doctor is still away, and I hate going to strange doctors :o:ph34r: Just uncomfortable with these guys that aren't much older than my grandson. But I'm getting a bit concerned about this sore spot in my abdomen, so guess I will quit putting it off and go. :(

Today;

B- gluten-free cereal with skim milk

S - none

L- peanut butter (light) and banana sandwich

S- popcorn

D- chicken breast (sm) scalped potatoes 3/4 cup and a mixture of green and yellow beans with carrots .... also a 1/2 cup of icecream ... just had to have something sweet :ph34r:

S- will be popcorn

Guest AutumnE

Hello everyone :) I hope everybody had a good weekend :)

I cleaned thoroughly on Saturday while dh played with Ashley. I was able to clean things that I dont usually get a chance to get to like the fridge, microwave, freezer, my toaster oven and a few cabinets. Im starting my spring cleaning early. On Sunday we went shopping and spent the rest of the day at my mom and dad's. Yesterday we went shopping some more and baked a loaf of bread, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies (I was good though and didnt eat one :) ) and made cinnamon crackers for my daughter then my mom and dad came over here last night. Today me and my daughter need to go to the ben franklin store and pick up a few things and maybe go to the video store and pick out a movie.The video store down the road has free movies for the kids if you rent a regular movie on tuesdays. Dh is home for the week for his layoff so he has been staying up late and sleeping in.

Shannon- Hi! Im glad your feeling better, I cant tolerate dairy products either. I would stop the metformin also since it might be aggravating the situation. Thats wonderful paige was able to drink milk, my daughter wont. Im not sure why though, but she does eat yogurt and cheese. Frisbee sounds fun, I havent done that in a long time but the weather here is a good reason. We had freezing rain and snow.

Diana- Congrats on the pound lost, I know its less than you hoped for but at least its going in the right direction.I often get frustrated how the food we eat is so bad for us, Our food system is so tainted that you try to eat healthy and there are so many contaminants in it. I need to loose about 60 lbs more.

Liz- Im sorry you have to deal with psoriasis. My step grandpa had it also but his was all over his body and face. I think what he used was u/v rays, Im not sure he passed away years ago. I am a carb holder also, If I dont eat lower carb the weight will not budge off. Like shannon, I have insulin resistance so counting calories doesnt matter if I dont cut the carbs out. I do take medicine to help keep my insulin balanced so I can lose the weight since my hormones are off too much to allow me to lose weight. Kind of like a woman in menopause even though Im only 34.

Cathy- I hope your son enjoys his new wii also :) I have a hard time picturing grown men playing them also. But Mike loves them, he has an old playstation and we are planning on getting a new one this christmas, which actually I like since Im hoping to use that ddr game on it for exercise. He has so many computer games too, I like a few games of his mainly the car racing ones. He plays every night after work. I dont mind him playing it too much but I do get frustrated when he sleeps for a good portion of the day and I feel like a single mom sometimes with not much help. I could ask him to help but he would be grouchy so I dont bother to wake him up early as I would rather have him asleep than deal with an attitude. I am thankful thats his habit and all around otherwise he is a very good dad and husband. Im sorry your dealing with glaucoma also, My laser surgery is a bit different than the normal one that fixes your vision. Mine wont fix my vision, its called an slt. Basically they poke holes in the drain in my eye , up to 50 holes, so it will allow more flow of fluid in and out of my eye since the pressure is too high. It does have some scary side effects like my medicines do. One of the issues with it is can make the pressure too low and I will go blind, two my retina can detach and I can go blind. But it also may not work, I am young for glaucoma treatments so they dont work as well on a younger eye. The chance of side effects are less than the chances I take with vision loss from my drops I use right now. Im hopeful that I wont have to use my drops for a few years but I will have to wait and see. If I dont do the surgery I may go blind also due to my pressure being too high in my eye and the drops arent bringing the pressure down far enough.

Shirley- that's neat that you take the dogs around to the malls. We have a festival in the summer up at frankenmuth and they have greyhound adoption dogs up there my daughter loves them. I like them too but Im not suppose to have a dog inside due to my allergies so I just enjoy other people's dogs. congrats on the pound lost! That's wonderful about your husband's knee. My arthritis is so much better since going gluten free. My dad needs his knee's done, the cartilage is gone and its bone on bone when he walks, very painful for him. Yep it correct that you can gain from working out. Many moons ago when I lifted weights I did notice weight gain but I would lose inches around my waist and hips, I should measure also since it would help me see the weight come off. Im a tall one too at 5'10 1/2.

My food for today so far its Nothing! I havent aten yet, I better get in there and get started!

Brunch- Pork chops, cauliflower, and some apple sauce to go with it

Dinner- Steak, broccoli and maybe a salad on the side with some strawberries

Snacks- Not sure yet. Probably some lara bars as we will be gone for a little while.

I hope everyone has a great day!

I weighed this morning and its 3 lbs down. Aunt flo arrived three days ago so she took a few pounds of bloating with her ;) I hadnt seen her in over three months so my cycles are messed up again.

YIKES! Long post lol! Ah well, Im not exactly known for short posts ;)

Mayflowers Contributor

Hi ladies,

Good to see you up and around Autumn. I was feeling pretty lousy too for a couple of days and I realized I eating chicken again often. I'm intolerant to most brands of chicken. I'm just going to give up and not eat it very often. I was eating vegetarian today... I had 2 hb eggs for breakfast and lentil soup with goat cheese and corn chips for lunch with a salad. I was trying having my reward meal at lunch time since I'm sick of eating salad every day.

Cathy my son knows better to ask for a Wii. I have to wait until the price comes down...way down. :blink:

Liz, try replacing one or two meals with low carb and eat the last one regular, like you always do, and I bet you start losing...no snacking though.

lonewolf Collaborator

Hi everyone! Hope you're having a good week!

So, here I am two days into being "good". (Mayflower - believe me, I KNOW how to eat right and lose weight. It's just the DOING it that's hard. Cutting carbs is definitely a good thing for me.)

B - 1 chicken tenderloin (not breaded or anything)

L - about 3 oz chicken breast, stir-fried with onions, celery, zucchini and 3 colors of peppers; apple

S - small handful of raw almonds, "Fruit-a-bu" fruit roll thingy

D - 4 oz (before cooking) ground turkey patty, 1/3 C baked beans, 3 sweet potato slices (1/8" thick), about 10 oven "fries", mustard instead of ketchup, a handful of baby carrots

I feel hungry, but it's the type of hungry that means I'm starting to burn some fat.

Viola 1 Rookie

Hi everyone;

It was a very long day in town today, left here at 9AM and got home at 5PM. Crazy. Anyway, we got a lot done, had coffee with an old friend and got my doctor appointment over with.

He really was a nice guy, but I'm more comfortable with the doctor we've had for the past 25 years. However, he will soon be retiring, so guess I should start getting used to a new guy.

It looks like I may be having issues with my Gall Bladder. I have to go up to Grand Forks next Tues. for an ultrasound. If I waited to get one in Nelson it would be over a month before I got an appt. Don't know why they are so booked up there :o Anyway, Grand Forks is only 2 hours away, so will go up there, and hope the weather is good as there is a very high summit going up there. Don't want snow for sure!

Autumn, it's great to hear that you are back to normal :D It's just not fun being sick at all!

Diana, it sounds like you may be intollerant to chicken. That's a shame as it's recommended all the time instead of red meat.

You are so right about the price of the Wii ... but then all of those game boxes are so expensive. I'm glad our children were raised in a cheaper time :lol: If you call horses, horse shows and figure skating cheaper. :lol: At least they got fresh air and exercise with those.

Liz, congratulations on the basketball game! Way to go!!

Well, as usual, my day in town didn't help my diet much. But maybe not too bad.

B- gluten-free cereal in skim milk

S- none

L- chicken fried rice and sweet and sour pork

S- none

D- left over chinese food from lunch

S- popcorn and an orange

And we got a lot of exercise today as we always park in one spot and walk all over town. So the Chinese food shouldn't do too much damage.

Starting tomorrow I have to cut as much fat out of my diet as possible, so no red meat, cheese etc. until after the results of the ultrasound :( Oh well, should drop an extra pound or so :lol:

Guest AutumnE

Diana- Im sorry your not feeling well, The only chicken I can eat is empire kosher. I order it from detroit and its shipped via ups. I have problems with the citric acid and the junk they put in them to preserve them.

Liz- Excellent dieting the last few days! I bet you will see a nice number on the scale this week :)

Shirley- Im sorry it might be your gallbladder, I had mine out in march 2005. I started having stomach problems where it would take my breath away and it would spread up to my back. I couldnt tell if it was an asthma attack, angina or indigestion it seemed to spread everywhere. They found "sludge" in my ultrasound, no stones, which just meant it wasnt working well. The tech thought I hadnt fasted because it was so full of sludge till I told her I did than I freaked out a little not knowing what she was seeing and she couldnt tell me what it was. I hope a low fat diet works for you to help solve the pain for the time being, it didnt for me though everything seemed to bother it. It is needed later though, I have to stick to low fat diets now without it. I had to go to a dr with a bad bedside manner due to me not wanting to wait months to get it out. I was told having my daughter probably contributed to it. Weight loss can also contribute to it.

Breakfast- steak and eggs

Lunch- Chicken noodle soup with tinkyada pasta, carrots, celery and onion

Dinner- (Cheating!) Dinner at outback steakhouse! I am so sick of cooking I have to cheat. So it will be alice springs chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, and brownie thunder from down under :ph34r:

Today we are getting Ashley's picture taken at 3pm and we need to get some more blank dvd's to make her birthday movie slideshow. Then outback.

Edited to add---

Well tonight I didnt cheat :) We skipped outback. Ashley needed a nap after pictures so we came home and fed her dinner and laid her down for a nap so I was good. I ended up having pork chops, carrots, and applesauce. I just noticed the views on this thread, over 2300! Come out lurkers and join us :D

lonewolf Collaborator

Shirley - just an idea - have you ever tried eliminating eggs to see if it helps your gallbladder? I've heard and read that it can help.

Autumn - good job on not cheating!

I worked all day today, which meant teaching 8 PE classes, coaching a basketball game after school (we won again!) and then came home and cooked dinner. After that I collapsed into the computer chair and in a few minutes I'll be taking my youngest to get some new shoes. I just want to curl up and watch American Idol and then go to bed.

B - a piece of deli turkey

S - a Fruit-a-bu fruit roll thingy

L - 2 slices deli turkey on 1/2 rice tortilla, 1/4 orange bell pepper, large handful of baby carrots, sm. apple

S - handful of almonds and another fruit roll thingy and a sm. apple

D - chicken breast cooked in coconut milk and curry powder with onions, celery, carrots and raisins (kind of an Indonesian curry), about 1 C rice

I'm stuffed now, so won't be eating any more.

UR Groovy Explorer

I

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Kathy--welcome to the group! :D

I'm trying to lose that "last 10" too. It is the hardest..... :angry:

Well everyone, my (long) weekend of cake eating didn't end up making me gain! I've been careful otherwise and trying to get the exercise in.

I've been going through my closet, weeding out things that I just haven't worn in a while--the Disabled American Vets have a truck in my neighborhood next week, so I thought I'd get some things together for them.

Anyway, I tried on some capri pants from last summer--they fit so much better! They're not too big, but the waist is looser, and they just "hang" better. :)

So far today--

B--bowl of fruit, almonds and bacon

L--salad, one slice of leftover meatloaf

S--chocolate pudding

D--don't know yet, probably chicken, either rice or noodles and zucchini and onions.

Mayflowers Contributor

Hi Kathy. Welcome.

Liz - Sorry that I annoyed you with suggestions. I was just trying to help. You won't hear another suggestion out of me.........So how much weight do you want to lose by the way or are you just maintaining?

Thanks Autumn, I feel a little better, then last night I had turkey and now my stomach is churning...again. Shady Brook Farm...Probably a lot of stuff in it...I'd eat more vegetarian but my weight starts creeping upward..This rots. I was eating more vegetable juice and soy and I weighed myself Tuesday and my weight is up a pound. I'm freaking. Hopefully by Saturday, "Official Weigh In Day", I'll be back down.

Shirley - Have you heard about the natural cure for gallbladder? They have you do a gallbladder Flush with olive oil. You drink a cup of oil. I'm not sure how many times or what the actual process is but the people I've read about swear by it and passed tons of gallstones doing it.. A Naturopathic physician would know the actual process.

Good to see you back Patti.

Viola 1 Rookie

Hi everyone; I didn't manage to get on last night, so missed yesterday's check in.

Hi Kathy, welcome to our little group! The more the merrier :D I know what you mean by the night cravings. I seem to be really good during the day, but in the late evenings I'm always hungry. And I'm not supposed to eat anything two hours before bed time with acid reflux :ph34r:

Autumn, I've had a real sore spot there for awhile now, and indigestion etc. You never really know whether to blame it on a gluten contamination or Gall Bladder sometimes. Although I always have a lot more symptoms for gluten. The way I understand it, the Gall Bladder handles bile from the digestive system. When you have it removed, where does that bile go?

I honestly didn't even think of Gall Bladder until the doctor said he's pretty sure that's what it is. I was thinking Ulcer.

Liz, I haven't really been eating any eggs lately. Been sticking to cereal in the morning and although I occasionally have an egg for lunch, I haven't done that for a couple weeks. Dr. thinks there will be stones in the Gall Bladder, but we will know more on Tues. when I get the ultrasound.

Good for you Patti, getting away with the cake eating. That gives us hope for a little bit of spoiling ourselves now and then :lol:

Well, I'll see if I can remember yesterday.

B- gluten-free cereal, skim milk

S- none

L- low fat peanut butter and banana sandwich

S- none

D - 1/2 cup of left over scalped potato, few green beans, one slice of bread with low fat cheese spread for protien

S- popcorn and an orange ... oh yes, two squares of caramel chocolate :ph34r:

So far today

B- gluten-free cereal with skim milk

And I'm just going to go and make myself a peanut butter and banana sandwich. That is, if I remembered to take gluten-free bread out of the freezer.

jerseyangel Proficient

Shirley,

Good luck with your ultrasound--Tuesday, right? Do you have to drink lots of water beforehand for gall bladder? I know with the pelvic ones I had, I had to drink a ton and I was afraid I was going to pee right there on the table! :o

My dad had to have his gall bladder out a few years ago. He dosen't eat a lot of fat, in fact he's the king of moderation :lol: The good news is that he only had to spend one night in the hospital, and he's done well since.

I don't know about the bile :unsure: . that's a good question.

Anyway, I'll be anxious to hear how it all goes :)

Archived