This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Weight Loss Suppourt Thread (shannonl) And Any Others Who Want To Join

Guest AutumnE

Mayflowers Contributor

Hi Deb,

Welcome. Yes I know about Isogenix. Another member here is on it and trying to recruit people. It's insanely expensive. I have problems with shakes. Most brands I've tried triger a migraine. The only one I can tolerate is Atkins Shake.

Don't let yourself get back into eating comfort junk foods. You'll be so sorry. If you want to lose weight, you have to change your eating habits forever. You can't go back to the same eating or you'll end up 300 pounds again. That's the problem with shakes. They don't teach you how to eat real food in proper portions. I used to like Nutrisystem only for that reason. The food is not great and it's loaded with gluten but it showed me what a portion size is supposed to be. I lost a few pounds with it before I found out I was gluten intolerant and I had to go off of it.

Now I'm on the Carboydrate Addict's Diet. I'm perimenopausal and I'm having a HECK of a time losing weight which should have been gone by now. I just gained a pound this week. I'm not loving that. I wasn't even cheating. I use to eat till I was stuffed at dinner and still lose...not now. It's the menopause because I feel bloated and hormonal. I'm going to go eat breakfast now. Probably eggs again. Lunch probably an Atkins shake or tuna with salad. Dinner is looking like salmon and salad with vegetables.

Thanks Autumn, I have some Iosol. I'll take that too. I did read that too much soy can interfere with thyroid function. Is your mom able to lose weight using the vitex and don quai? All I can say is girls,

you'd better lose the weight now, because when you hit perimenopause in your late 40's you'll have such a hard time losing weight you might give up. I'm at my wit's end and I have a bilateral hip replacment and my surgeon is pressuring me to lose 25-30 pounds to keep from having my ceramic hips wear out too soon. That's the main reason I want to lose other than general health.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kaycee Collaborator
now, because when you hit perimenopause in your late 40's you'll have such a hard time losing weight you might give up.

Mayflowers

I have got here too late then! I'm very late 40's, not quite menopausal, wouldn't have a clue if I was perimenopausal or not, but imagine that is me. But you said nothing about being 50, does that mean in a couple of months this trying to loose weight and not being able to do it will be just a problem of the past. Somehow I don't think so. I am like you I have tried so hard. A couple of years back I did loose a bit, and it hasn't come back. I do feel like giving up, but then when I do I just feel worse than usual. Yesterday was a good example, all the carbs I ate, and my stomach etc is not too happy today. I work so much better on meat, veges and fruit, but they don't help with the weight loss! Grrr!

Cathy

Viola 1 Rookie

Hi everyone; I didn't get on yesterday, but did weigh in this morning. I didn't lose any, but thankfully didn't gain any either.

I think it's the lack of cardio excercise. I will sure be glad to see the last of this snow and ice so I can get out and send Sheba out hunting again. I put her on a very light 40 foot long line and let her run all over the golf course hunting gophers. It gives me excercise running after her to make sure she doesn't head toward the highway, or the river in the opposite direction. :lol: We both get our exercise that way.

Unfortunately, she doesn't always stick to gophers and ends up with the odd bird, game or song bird, she's not fussy :(

Welcome Deb. This thread really is helpful us. It's hard to stick to any diet without support and motivation.

Autumn, I'm so sorry to hear you are ill again. My hubby is just getting over a cold, I hope that I've completely missed it ... keeping my fingers crossed anyway :rolleyes: Get better soon!

Cathy, after 40 I'm not sure it gets much easier to loose weight. I'm 60 now and I'm having a hard time. My thoughts are that we no longer let the little things in life bother us, so our motabilisium (sp) slows right down. I know my nervous system used to keep the weight down big time. I was hyper active. :lol:

I'm 136 pounds now, and I know it doesn't sound like a whole lot, but I'm only 5ft. 1in. and very light boned. My ideal weight would be about 110, or 115. It's not likely I'll see that again though ;) I'll settle for 120 so I can get into some of my nice slacks again.

Today so far...

B- 2 boiled eggs and an orange

L- a small bowl of ham chowder

S- I just finished some pop corn

D- maybe some more ham chowder.

lonewolf Collaborator

Welcome Deb! I've never heard of Isagenix before - sounds like it really has been working for you.

Autumn - Hope you're feeling better soon!

Kat, Cathy, Diana and Shirley - Hi! (Hope I didn't miss anyone.)

I did great yesterday - ate well and went to the new center and played around on the basketball court for an hour. (I can't remember exactly what I ate, so I won't try to post it.) Today is my "free day" - meaning I don't want to overeat, but I make something yummy for dinner and also a nice dessert. Dinner was an Indonesian curry stew over rice and dessert was carob brownies with coconut sorbet. It's funny - I was looking forward to eating a treat and it didn't really taste all that great. It was easy to finish and be done with dessert until next week.

My daughter hurt her back in a parks league game this morning, just after recovering from hitting her head really hard last Monday. She's laying on the couch feeling frustrated. She won't be playing in our school league game on Monday, but it's an easy game so we can do it without her.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

cybermommy Newbie

Hi everyone. Thanks for your input.

Today was so much better. I knew I would be accountable tonight, so it made it easier to avoid tempation. I did great when my adult daughter lived w/ me. We were dieting together. (For some reason she moved back w/ her hubby when he came back from Iraq. ;) lol) My parents & best friend are on this diet too. I spend a lot of time w/ my friend but she cheats like crazy & that doesn't help.

Ok maybe a little more info would be appropriate. I am in an electric wheelchair a great of the time. I can walk some on good days. I can never stand for very long. I usually would only get one meal a day, because I had to wait for one of my teenaged boys to be home & prepare it for me. My kitchen is not wheelchair friendly. (I can't afford to make it so) Anyway other than that it was water & maybe some shelf stable snacks. Thus the starvation mode. (Obviously excercise isn't happening either.) The blender & shake mix is kept low so I can make it myself. Also ice trays are kept at the front of freezer, so I can reach. Shakes are great for me & I can continue them even on maintenance. Because I am not always capable of cooking, I use my good days to cook in large quantities. I separate it into portion sizes & lable (including calories & if gluten-free) & freeze it. I have not had a good day since diagnosis so some of what is in freezer has trace gluten. I started labeling if gluten-free because there is a gluten allergic 22 month old (Lyndsee) in the house that I take care of. I keep gluten-free snacks handy for her. That is why I even had marshmallows & Fritos.

Anyway yesterday was just a really bad day. I felt horrible, pain level was high & I was depressed about the celiac diagnosis. Feeling like I had just gotten a life sentence!!! :huh: Also I have been majorly stressed as my loved ones are dealing w/ major medical problems. Last week open heart surgery(Gma). This week pneumonia (Gma & Lyndsee) & a major motor vehicle accident /w head & other injuries (2 teens). I had also been very ill recently & my mom made food & brought it for me (I got majorly glutened).

Ok, so today I feel better (other than coming down w/ sinus infection). It looks like once again God has seen us through (It appears everyone is going to be fine). The gluten bloat is subsiding so now those size 20's are loose again. I realize today that, in truth, the life sentence has just been lifted! :D I look forward to no more celiac symptoms (I have suffered all of my 47 yrs, but terribly the last 20). So I lift my head, thank God for his blessings (including your support), forgive myself a day's pitty party & start fresh.

Today I have had:

4 servings Isagenix Cleanse

1 1/4 gallons of water (will have more)

Dinner: 1 can french cut green beans

1 small bacon wrapped steak cooked w/ Imagine s$#&tacki mushroom soup

(only meat I have left that is gluten-free)

(My dinner was nibbled at by Lyndsee too :))

Snack: 1 pouch Welch's Fruit Snacks

The cleanse is really foul, but I feel awsome the day after. You mentioned that Isagenix is very expensive. I am on a very tight budget (SSD). I don't buy the 9 & 30 day progam packs. I don't use it all & it is expensive. I stick w/ the core diet (Cleanse, Shakes & Accelerator). I signed up as a distributer so I get cheaper. It cost me about $130 plus about $20 shipping) for the month. That works out to about $2.50 per meal replaced. I am not trying to recruit customers, simply make it available to those who feel it would suit their needs :).

Sry to hear you have migraines. I do too, but actually do better when on this. I can't do most shakes because they have aspertame. It not only gives me migraines, but triggers seizures too. (Isagenix doesn't use artificial sweetners. :))Everyone has different triggers though. Do what works for you.

Anyone have any suggestions on an affordable, well rounded gluten-free vitamin? I know I am deficient in B vitamins & have chronicly low potassium & sodium levels & frequent anemia. I need calcium too, but it can't be oyster shell calcium (iodine/shellfish allergy). Isagenix has a liquid that is nutritionally wonderfull, but it tastes so bad I won't use it. :wacko:

Ok so it is cool now B)

Good luck in your diet of choice & God Bless You,

Deb

simplicity66 Explorer

This is a wonderful idea thank you.....( alittle history)...for the past 9 months i was living on fruits veggies chicken and fish...no dairy (lactouse intolerant) red meat, or pork and no bread, potatoes or pasta....no citrus or tomatoes a very blane diet...my MD was treating me for acid reflex....i had no appetite.... always had the "full feeling" bloated to no end...as of Feb 16 this year MD told me i had Celica disease...after the panic of what to eat and a new way to live we all know this diet is for life....through research and alot of reading a new horizion opened...example..i can have a pizza again....i have purchased meat-free gluten-free hamburger patties they consist of veggies...the problem is when i eat one ( no bun) that bloated feeling is back and i once again loose my appetite again for days...its to the point i force myself to eat......i actually feel alot better just eating the way i was for 9 months....could that bloated feeling be due to to much protein?...i also get the same reaction when i eat to many nuts of any type.....i have been on gluten-free diet for almost a month and i still have most of my symptoms and weight gain isnt happeneing...i am 5'3 and i am 95pds...exercise.... i do plenty... i work in a printing plant 12hr shifts that makes magazines its a high endurance job and very physical...i know gaining is a must i just want to make sure i do it the right way...the right combination of all the good stuff my body needs to get and become healthy once again...thanks once again for this thread...fabulous!!!!!!!

Mayflowers Contributor

A Gallon and a quarter of water? Good Lord. Are you trying to drown yourself! Deb? LOL :lol:

You know I read that you can drink too much water. Some doctors are dead set against drinking gallons of water. It will dilute all of your vitamins and minerals in your body, and lower your immune system. In a nutshell, you kind of drown yourself. I hope you don't do that cleanse very often! I feel best when I drink 6 glasses to 8 a day. I usually get 6 plus tea and coffee. Some people add that in, I don't. I learned to drink water after years of UTI's from not drinking enough. My mother was that way also so I copied her. A camel.

It's sad that you are on a fixed income and you're spending over $130 a month on shakes. Can't you just go on low carb or low fat? Do you know that's $1,560 a year on SHAKES? In five years that's $7,800! You can buy a car for that or remodel a room. I just can't see spending hard to come by money on shakes, unless you can sign up a lot of people, which is not easy... to pay for it for you. I hope you can. :)

Shirley - cripe, 136 is my ideal weight. I wish I was there! :(

I can't have a free day anymore...Perimenopause doesn't allow for free days...:( This week, I hope to get more exercise in. My knee has been acting up.

I weighed myself and I'm 2 pounds lighter today so I'm changing my weigh in day to Sunday. I always seem to weigh less on Sundays. LOL! I didn't have any meat at all yesterday

B - Cheese omlette and coffee with cream

L - Atkins shake

D- Salad from Whole Foods salad bar w/ reg greens and millet salad and some kind

of creamy curried tempeh chunky salad that was very tasty. Plus I had 3 small corn tortillas with

regular hummus on them.. very tasty.

I was vegetarian yesterday! I hope I can keep up the pace! Well for tonight I have salmon so ok,

pescatarian.. I think my weight was up from all the chicken and turkey...and salt. I also am eliminating white refined sugar. Will report my findings on Sunday!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lonewolf Collaborator
i have purchased meat-free gluten-free hamburger patties they consist of veggies...the problem is when i eat one ( no bun) that bloated feeling is back and i once again loose my appetite again for days...its to the point i force myself to eat......i actually feel alot better just eating the way i was for 9 months....could that bloated feeling be due to to much protein?

The bloated feeling could be coming from soy.

I weighed myself this morning too. I'm down almost 3 pounds! So I've lost about 6 since we started this thread. I know that the first 5 pounds come off the easiest, and I'll probably settle into losing about 1 a week after this, but I'm excited. Clothes are starting to fit just a bit better. I'm down 17 pounds from this time last year, with only 18 more to go for my first big goal. Seriously, just thinking about having to write down everything I eat has been a HUGE motivating factor for me. I've also been motivated to exercise almost every day and that always helps.

Viola 1 Rookie

Hi all;

Congratulations Liz and Diana on the weight loss! Good for both of you!

Diana, I think you weigh less on Sundays because Sunday is a day of rest :lol: perhaps the scale takes a rest too. It really is funny because I was down this morning too, just a pound but I'll take any thing that is lower :P Cathy, try weighing in on Sundays :lol:

I wonder what we do differently on Sat. that we would be down the next day. Perhaps we are busier, or something like that. Hubby is on a low sodium diet, so we use very little salt in this house. I notice when we go out to eat though, everything tastes salty and I'm bloated after eating.

Hi Simplicity, it's good to have you in on our little group :D Yes, soy can be a major cause of bloating.

Deb, that really is a lot of water :o I think I would be a bit concerned on that. Everyone needs a good amount of water, but that much would be border line dangerous. Please check on that with your doctor. Don't want anything happening to you !

Nothing really happening today of any interest. It's raining, so spending most of the day indoors painting wooden Christmas ornaments and working on the Kennel Club newsletter. Also want to pin Sheba down and cut her nails this afternoon. :lol: That's always fun. She only likes the treat part at the end of it.

Anyway, so far today;

B- gluten-free cereal and skim milk

L- salad with low fat cheese in it, and a banana with 1/2 cup ice cream on it.

S - will be pop corn

D- will be left over ham chowder. Okay, so I changed my mind and had a chicken breast, green beans and salad :rolleyes:

S- probably pop corn and wine.

:lol: will have to come and edit this is I change my mind.

jerseyangel Proficient

Congrats Liz--that's great news! :D

I have not done well diet-wise this weekend--yesterday I ate 1/2 box of Junior Mints, and today quite a few Gibbles Potato Chips. For some reason, my appetite has been larger the last week or so. Maybe it's the exercise?

I did weigh myself this morning, and I'm up a pound :angry: I intend to nip this in the bud, though--tomorrow is Monday, and I'm getting right back on the horse :lol: (Or treadmill...)

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend--it's beautiful here today--sunny and 55. I just came in to throw a load of laundry in the dryer, and check in here real quick.

UR Groovy Explorer

Hi Ladies ( ladies new and ladies not-so-new),

Another record-breaking heat cycle in San Diego. Wildfires a'brooin' up north a bit. Hopefully not a re-play of October a few years ago, but the conditions are ripe. Those fires were a trip. Never experienced anything like that ... hope to never again.

Whooooo

cybermommy Newbie

Thanks for your concern ladies. Don't worry, I was a critical care nurse & know all about water intoxication. I have other health problems & have been dehydrated. I have had postural hypotension from it & really need the volume.

Today I had:

4 servings of cleanse

water

Snack: 1 pouch Welch's Fruit Snacks

Dinner: tuna salad (tuna, mustard & pickles)

green onion

I plan to have another snack of Nature Valley Fruit Crisps

Tomorrow is a shake day. :)

Goodnight & goodluck ladies,

Deb

Kaycee Collaborator

Monday, brings Mondayitis!

Monday brings rain, and more than enough. Just a hint of what's to come! Winter!

Breakfast

Yoghurt and an apple

Snack

Banana and two apricots

Lunch

Salad with tuna in olive oil, an apple, a cryptic crossword.

Tea

Boiled mince with veges and potato

Icecream, but 97% fat free, with canned peaches

'Fess up time, 1 blueberry muffin, (homemade) but the rest are going to get frozen before I reach for more. But calorie wise I only reached 1500.

It has been one week of serious dieting, only one day where I nearly reached 2,000cals. So I am happy. Have lost a kilo this week, so that is good, but I think it is one of the ones I put back on a couple of weeks bacd! Still doing all my walking, I have no walking buddy tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see if I can drag myself out of bed at 5.30 and do it on my own.

Must go, Jim is in bed watching Dr Who and I am neglecting him

Cathy

Mayflowers Contributor

Oook Deb. I guess you know what you're doing .... You must have hurt your back lifting patients huh?

Don't know what I'm eating yet. So far

B - Usual cheese omlette. I'm thinking about giving up the dairy. Pondering .....

L - salad and tuna

B - ? vegetarian.... beans maybe and vegies. I'm making oat bran muffins for the bread.

simplicity66 Explorer

Congrates ladies on your achievements!!!! thats great!!!.....thank-you for the welcome greatly apperciated...

lonewolf Collaborator

Hi everyone!

I just got back from working out again - I LOVE our new community center! I've been there 4 out of the past 5 days and gotten a good workout each time. There's something about good exercise that makes me want to eat healthy too.

B - 2 Tbs raisins and a small handful of almonds

L - Stir-fried chicken breast (about 2 oz), with onion and leftover rice with grated carrots and raisins

D - 3 small chicken breast tenderloins, 1/2 rice tortilla, lettuce, ~1 oz raw goat cheese and salsa

S - Fresh pineapple - shared half with my 4 kids

I hope you're all having a good week!

Guest AutumnE

Cathy- Thanks :) Im doing better somewhat I know it will pass soon though. I havent noticed my taste buds changing but my mentality with it has. Im scared of gluten :( I hate the thought of getting glutened and feeling horrible for days. I love autumn ;) Seriously though its perfect just a crisp cool breeze, fresh smell in the air and I love the smell of a good fire in the fireplace. Perimenopausal means your hormones are nearing towards menopause but not quite there yet. I think I might have a touch of it since my fsh is a little higher than it used to be and Im 34. Hormones that are out of whack do make it harder and your metabolism slows down.

Liz- Congrats on the weight loss that is wonderful! I hope your daughter is feeling better.

Shirley- Thanks :) Im feeling better as my breathing is a little easier. I hope your dr's appt goes well tomorrow and you get some answers on to why your feeling bad one way or the other.

Diana- My mom stays slim on it. When she went into menopause she did gain about 25ish pounds which she hated because she has an apple shape and it doesnt hide weight well being out in the front. She stays lower carb also but she is back down to 120 at 5'6. She has a small frame also. Her mood is better also. She was on an antidepressant and was able to pull off it with no problems. Her dose is vitex 500mgs and dong quai 400mgs. I think she takes nature's way but Im not sure. Its a good idea to check to make sure you will be fine on them if your other health conditions and what would be appropriate for you. Sorry if its tmi but I thought I would mention it ---Her sex drive came back also, I guess it was nonexistent for awhile and it brought it back. She also has to exercise 3 to 4 times a week. Usually just the treadmill though.

Deb- Im glad igenix works for you. I follow paleo diet and it led me to finding out about celiac disease (also known as ibs by my dr :rolleyes: ) I find it helps me be accountable by writing it down. Congratulations on the pounds lost. Welcome :) I also use to drink alot of water I was told by my dr it would help to drink half my body weight to get rid of bloating. Well it did but I found if I just eliminated my allergies and corn, soy, dairy and gluten that it went away on its own.

Patti- Im sorry about the pound gained, have you eaten more salt or carbs if so it might be just water weight. It sounds like you have had lovely weather also :) Our temps were about the same.

simplicity- Welcome, Im on a dairy free, soy free, corn free (which is in so many things), gluten free diet along with my many allergies that restrict my diet. I do have bloating issues with these and other symptoms if I eat them. Its so hard to do an elimination diet and find out what's wrong it has taken me almost a year.

Kat- I did watch the wildfires then on tv it looked scary. I hope they dont happen again. I love getting outdoors and getting exercise. My allergies dont though.

Well today has been better :) my appetite was alright but diarrhea from my medicines that Im on isnt helping any :rolleyes: I did lose two pounds but Im not sure if its from the diarrhea or true weight loss. I have been preparing my daughter's slideshow picture dvd. Thankfully most of the pictures were digital so I didnt have to scan many then I had to reduce red eye in 90 pictures through photoshop. Then I had to pick the songs and upload them which are "my little girl" by tim mcgraw, rascall flatts- my wish, and collin raye " I wish I could". I have to make 10 copies hopefully tomorrow so I can get the rest of the stuff together for her party. Its alot of work but I love watching them, so does she. She loves to watch herself on tv and we have my pregnancy all the way up to three years old. Im a big sentimental softie :)

Food today was-

Eggs and peaches

Roast with carrots

Steak, cucumbers, and nectarines.

snack is tea and a lara bar.

Guest AutumnE

Just had to add Holy crap! i have been glutened and feel like this guy :blink: I just got the brain fog. How??? I have a gluten free house and havent been out for a few days with no new things in the house. I hope my daughter hasnt and its only me! She gets dh which I will feel horrible if she does get a reaction and I dont know how it happened. I also have a very sore stomach! This is just great! Dh on her butt is going to be horrible with her already feeling sick. Happy birthday for her :(

Ugh sorry Im having a pity party right now as I hate feeling this way and fell like Im all doped up :( No wonder I had horrid diarrhea today!

ETA- It must be the cheetos that my daughter ate! She has been clingy and probably touched my mouth or hands. I'll see but that could be the only thing possible. Supposedly they are gluten free :rolleyes:! If she gets a rash Im calling the company!

Kaycee Collaborator

Autumn, you poor thing. Take care.

I hate that when getting glutened happens. It always seems to be a witch hunt after, and in the long run no definate answer is to be found. It is so frustrating.

I seem to get tummy aches, followed by diahroea, but that hasn't happened for a while. And the brain fog. I haven't had that for ages, but I do remember stumbling over names and trying to get words out, but they come out garbled, but I get a bit down and depressed at times and cranky, I blame that on gluten and in having done that, I know it will pass.

I did get up this morning and go for my walk all on my lonesome for about three quarters of an hour, wired into my walkman and humming along. So proud of myself. I went one way, and Jim went the other with the dog.

Food

Breakfast

Yoghurt and peaches.

Snack

Leftover from tea, potato and mince

Lunch

4 corn cracker, with avocado and tomato, carrot and celery, apple

Snack

Banana

Tea

two ground meat patties with chips, as I needed an easy tea

I might have a blueberry muffin, but just did my sums and I am up to 1600 calories, so I think that is a no, no muffin.

Cathy

cybermommy Newbie

Mayflowers,

Yes, I hurt it lifting an 11 yo who made me look tiny. I was almost recovered from the surgery to repair that damage when I had a car accident & fractured my spine. I lost function & most feeling from waist down. I had a second surgery (360 degree fusion) that included placing a hardware store in my spine. :wacko: It took 1 full year, of feeling like I was immersed in boiling water from waist down, for the nerves to heal. I regained the ability to walk. Though I still have periods of about 6 mos at a time that I am not able to even stand on my own. Overall I would say I'm not in such bad shape for the shape I'm in. They never expected me to even wiggle my toes again, much less walk (I even dance on occasion :P ).

I had always attributed my pain to my injuries & stress on other body parts that had to compensate, but now I am wondering. When I went low gluten my GI celiac disease symptoms went away. Now that I am totally gluten-free, my pain level is decreasing, the "exzema" is improving (though it still itches really badly) & I am generally feeling so much better!

You mentioned making oat muffins??? I thought oat had small amount of gluten??? Oat was the hardest for me to give up.

Today I had:

Isalean shake

Snack: Trix cereal (WHAT A TREAT! Lyndsee thought so too.)

Snack: string cheese stick

V-8

Dinner: Spring mix salad

green onion

tuna salad (tuna, mustard & pickle)

I will go have my other shake & then turn in.

Goodnight all & God Bless,

Deb

cybermommy Newbie
Just had to add Holy crap! i have been glutened and feel like this guy :blink: I just got the brain fog. How??? I have a gluten free house and havent been out for a few days with no new things in the house. I hope my daughter hasnt and its only me! She gets dh which I will feel horrible if she does get a reaction and I dont know how it happened. I also have a very sore stomach! This is just great! Dh on her butt is going to be horrible with her already feeling sick. Happy birthday for her :(

Ugh sorry Im having a pity party right now as I hate feeling this way and fell like Im all doped up :( No wonder I had horrid diarrhea today!

ETA- It must be the cheetos that my daughter ate! She has been clingy and probably touched my mouth or hands. I'll see but that could be the only thing possible. Supposedly they are gluten free :rolleyes:! If she gets a rash Im calling the company!

Autumn,

I hate to hear you & your daughter got glutened. Thought I would let you know that someone in another forum had same complaint last week /w Cheetos.

Hope you guys feel better soon,

Deb

Mayflowers Contributor

Hi,

Autumn (my favorite season!) Thanks so much for the info. I bought Vitex but it was in a dropper..30-50 drops or half dropper. I'll find the other one. My libido is pretty low too. Comes with the territory. It must be that Cheetos has cross contamination in it. How long did your mother go through menopause? I've been perimenopause for 2 years now.

Deb - You go girl!! It's great that you are walking again! I know a lot of nurses and most of them have herniated disks from lifting patients. I'm a medical secretary. I work in a state university (medical school) I used to be in Utilization dept. in a hospital for 8 years and I knew a lot of nurses plus worked for 3 of them.

Yes oat muffins. :) Oats can be cross contaminated and there is a belief that the protein in Oats is so similar to gluten that it causes the same symptoms as gluten. It's an individual thing. Some people can't tolerate it. Some people are worried about cross contamination. Some people it doesn't bother at all... I am not celiac sprue and I had mild malabsorption when I ate wheat anyhoo. So if I'm not going to eat wheat, I'm sure as heck gonna have some oatmeal. Being Irish, I can't resist it.... :lol: I refuse to pay $10.00 for gluten free oats. :angry: But actually I made oat bran muffins. It's just the bran so I'm not absorbing too much of anything. The body can't break down bran. You know Net Carbs and all.

They are pineapple muffins with brown sugar. Non fat.

I've been trying very hard to eat vegetarian this week but so far I did eat fish a few times. I want to see if I lose any better not eating poultry. I did buy almond and macadamia nut butters..I cracked. If I don't lose this week it's because of the butters...Anyone who can't gain weight will have no problem if they eat nuts and nut butters a few times a day. SOOO fattening!

UR Groovy Explorer

Hi ladies,

Well wishes to all !

This may seem like a self indulgent post, but I'm going at it without much outside support. I

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Kat :)

I really admire your resolve to quit smoking once and for all. I have quit, 27 years ago when I became pregnant with my son. It was not very hard for me at that particular time, as I had terrible nausea.

I think I actually lucked out, because I know I would have had a much harder time otherwise. There have been many times that I have wanted to go back to it, that desire really never went away for me.

I know you can do it--you can do anything you put your mind to! Does the Nicorette help?

I'll be thinking good, positive thoughts for you, and wishing you strength. :)

UR Groovy Explorer
I know you can do it--you can do anything you put your mind to! Does the Nicorette help?

I'll be thinking good, positive thoughts for you, and wishing you strength. :)

Thanks Patti, for those encouraging words. I'm sure I can do it !

Nicorette: It does help. It helps with those moments when you want to rip your hair out. Calms the nerves. I figure it has to be less toxic than 300 or so carcinogens, so I'll use it for a while to get me over the hump.

On another note, I've put in a personal photo of me & my guy - Everyone else seems to have personal photos. I suppose it couldn't hurt.

Anyway, I'm off ... to cook some more brocolli <_<

Take care, all

Archived