This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Needing Apple Cinnamon Anything Recipes...

Guhlia

Guhlia Rising Star

Throw me your best apple cinnamon flavored anything recipes: cakes, doughnuts, danishes, pastries, etc... I'm having an apple cinnamon craving and I just don't know what to make.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

missy'smom Collaborator

Here's a link to a muffin recipies I posted a while back.

Open Original Shared Link

SunnyDyRain Enthusiast

How about Cinnimon Apples?

Take apple, cut out core but leave it whole. sprinkle sugar and cinnimon inside, bake until soggy - give ot take 20 min, cover in rum frosting (rum flavoring, powdered sugar, tiny bit of water/milk), and eat!

Phyllis28 Apprentice

If you want something really quick and easy try buying applesauce and adding cinnamon. I have also seen applesauce in the store with the cinnamon already added.

jkmunchkin Rising Star

Glutino makes apple cinnamon cereal, similar to apple cinnamon cheerios. They're pretty good and will definately take care of the craving (unless you were looking specifically for baked goods).

I can find them in some stores by me, but here is a link from somewhere online.

tarnalberry Community Regular

Here's a recipe in my "As Promised, A Few Recipes" post:

Katydid Apprentice

If you want something REALLY great and quick with apples and cinnamon, you've got to try these Apple Spice Muffins:

Peel, core and chop 4 apples and toss with cinnamon and sugar to taste; and set aside.

Prepare a Namaste Vanilla Cake mix per directions on bag; Stir in apple mixture, spoon into muffin pans and bake. I add some chopped pecans or walnuts, but you wouldn't need to.

It makes a huge batch. I recently made a batch of these to take to work for a food day and by the time my family got into them, there weren't enough to take. (and the worst offenders aren't even gluten free)

Kay

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mftnchn Explorer

How about something not quite so sweet?

Sliced cooked yams or sweet potatos and some apples. Layer sweet potato, apple raisen, cinnamon, brown sugar. This can be done to your taste.

Bake 30 minutes or so.

Karen B. Explorer

My favorite Apple Cinnamon thing is Spiced Apple Raisin instant hot quinoa from AltiPlano Gold. Just got in a new shipment and I ordered the variety pak because it's cheaper but Hubby and I both dive for the Spiced Apple Raisin flavor first.

I usually chop up an apple and microwave it to add to the cereal or add a handful of trail mix. MMMMM!

kbabe1968 Enthusiast

Apple Cobbler

4 to 5 medium apples, peeled cored & sliced (I use a wedger cuts in 10 even pieces)

1/2 Cup butter

1 Cup Sugar + 1/4 Cup divided

2 Tsp + cinnamon

1 Cup White Rice Flour

1 tsp Xgum (first time I did it without it, so not crucial)

1 Tsp Baking powder

Pinch salt

1 Cup Milk

Take the apples, coat with 1/4 Cup sugar and desired amount of cinnamon ( usually use about a Tbs!). Mix together and set aside, let the juices flow!!!! I usually make these up about 1/2 hour before doing the rest.

Place butter in 9 X 13 baking dish (cut into pats first). Put in 350 degree oven and allow to melt.

Mix white rice, 1 Cup sugar. xgum, baking powder and salt. Gradually add milk.

Pour into the melted butter in pan.

Set apples in the mixture - push down.

Sprinkle top with soaking juices created by the apples/sugar/cinnamon.

Bake 50 minutes or until browned and crispy.

With ice cream or whipped cream (fresh whipped is best!).

:D

Archived