Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So...I've decided I am no longer buying any Enjoy Life Products.

One, they are expensive (well, yeah, so is most gluten-free stuff).

Two, I haven't really found any of their products I actually like - they seem to lack flavor (tried those small round cookies, cranberry granola, and their bars).

Thirdly, and importantly, everything they sell seems to be on minature ! The bars in the individually wrapped packages are way smaller than other brands. I opened the box of the granola and the bag inside was 2/3 the size of the box. Ugh. :angry:

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am not crazy about most of their stuff either. But I do like their chocolate chips. They are the only ones I have been able to find without soy. Soy isn't a problem for me, but I have a friend that has to avoid gluten, soy and dairy. When I cook for her, I use the Enjoy Life chips.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

I didn't know that chocolate chips had soy in them. My friend just found out that she can't have soy, corn or wheat, so she's having trouble adjusting to the new diet just because she's been eating things that she never would have thought might have allergens in them. (For example, there's corn syrup in her half and half.) I'll have to let her know about the chocolate chips.

I learn so much just from lurking here...

Join eNewsletter

Hi, I like the Enjoy Life chocolate chips too.

I got to know my local grocer who carries them and they ordered the fifty pound box for me, huge savings, like one third the cost of the packages, of course it means I have fifty pounds of chocolate chips... :lol:

A family with Celiac disease, two brothers and two sisters.

Lyme Disease, Diagnosis October 19, 2006

May 2006 - December 2008 Gluten and Dairy Free

December 2008, while seeing improvement on the gluten free diet, I did not recover and so in December of 2008 began the SCD and now have hope for recovery.

Join eNewsletter

We consistently use the Enjoy Life choc chips and the snickerdoodles.

I often find with many gluten-free brands that just a few things are *really* good and the rest I could do without. For example, Glutino pretzels ROCK. Glutino honey-nut O cereal is yucky.

Join eNewsletter

I also use their chocolate chips--yikes Rinne--50 pounds! I'd be in real trouble :lol:

I do like their Snickerdoodles and Lively Lemon cookies. You're right--they are expensive for the small amount you get, but I have several other intolerances, and sometimes I just want to open up a package and have a treat--I make just about everything else from scratch. I'm sure everyone can relate :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

I buy their products because, it is something packaged that I can eat, YEA!!! However, I don't know what their vanilla has in it but every time I try those products, I get sick so that limits what I can buy of theirs but at least it is something. Nobody else even comes close!

-Kate

gluten-free since July 2004

Other Intolerances:

Strawberries and Banannas (2007)

Nitrates (April 2006)

Yeast (which includes all vinegar so no condiments) (Oct. 2004)

Peanuts (Nov. 2004)

Soy (Oct. 2004)

Almonds (Sept. 2004)

Corn (Sept. 2004)

Lactose/Casein (1999)

Join eNewsletter

I like some to their items and dislike others. I like the snack bars, chocolate chips, chocolate chip cookies and snicker-doodles. I did not care for the granolas very much and did not like the "No Oats" oatmeal cookies at all.

Since it it expensive I don't buy a lot of their products.

Phyllis

Gluten Free - 30 years

Join eNewsletter

Hi, I like the Enjoy Life chocolate chips too.

I got to know my local grocer who carries them and they ordered the fifty pound box for me, huge savings, like one third the cost of the packages, of course it means I have fifty pounds of chocolate chips... :lol:

OOOOOOOH, fifty pounds of chocolate that is soy free!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in heaven, or I will be when I order it and it arrives. Emmm chocolate chips in banana bread, and muffins and sprinkled on cereal and ... can you tell I have missed chocolate chips :D

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

OOOOOOOH, fifty pounds of chocolate that is soy free!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in heaven, or I will be when I order it and it arrives. Emmm chocolate chips in banana bread, and muffins and sprinkled on cereal and ... can you tell I have missed chocolate chips :D

Yea Ravenwood! You're gonna love them! :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

I like their chocolate chips. Daughter likes all of the cookies except the no oats oatmeal. We served the Gingerbread and Double Chocolate Brownies at her birthday party last year and everyone likes them. The Lively Lemon go over well with my family. So do the Snickerdoodles. Yes, they're expensive but I like the 2 packs. I often put these in daughter's lunch. She also likes the snack bars. She didn't care for the cereal or trail mix though.

Join eNewsletter

One, they are expensive (well, yeah, so is most gluten-free stuff).

I wish there was something we could do about our "special" products being so expensive...

Enjoy Life products aren't my favorite, but in a pinch it is nice to be able to buy a box of soft baked cookies that are safe, so I agree with others on that point.

of course it means I have fifty pounds of chocolate chips...

Omgosh rinne! 50 lbs of chocolate :D

That's a lot of chocolate to share space with, that would be dangerous for me :lol:

Join eNewsletter

Emmm chocolate chips in banana bread, and muffins and sprinkled on cereal and ... can you tell I have missed chocolate chips :D

LOL! That is exactly how I felt when I found them! I always keep at least 3 or 4 bags around. We have banana-chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast at least twice a week. I use them as add-ins for brownies and blondies. I've even made chocolate ganache using EJ chips and rice milk. (And sometimes, when I need a little pick me up, a small handful is just the thing!) :-)

Rhonda

Join eNewsletter

I only wish they would change the type of vanilla they use - not sure what it is but it makes me sick. However, I do have to make my own with potato vodka since I cannot tollerate any grain alcohols like most people can. If they did, I would buy more of their products, expensive or not...they work great when I have to be out all day for fencing tournaments or swim meets and do not have access to a microwave and still need to eat.

-Kate

gluten-free since July 2004

Other Intolerances:

Strawberries and Banannas (2007)

Nitrates (April 2006)

Yeast (which includes all vinegar so no condiments) (Oct. 2004)

Peanuts (Nov. 2004)

Soy (Oct. 2004)

Almonds (Sept. 2004)

Corn (Sept. 2004)

Lactose/Casein (1999)

Join eNewsletter

I guess when I wrote I will no longer buy Enjoy Life, it's in part because I will buy other brands. I like Glutino and Kinnikinnick stuff way better, as well as Gluten Free Pantry. I just keep feeling jipped when I buy Enjoy Life, opening up the product to find a tiny package within - with a high price tag.

I make my chocolate chip cookies with the mini baking M&Ms...there is a great recipe on recipezaar.com in the gluten free section and I just use the m&ms instead of chocolate chips (and throw in some ground flaxseed).

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter