This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Odd Coincidence

Guhlia

Guhlia Rising Star

We've been looking at houses for well over a year now searching for the perfect place to live. Today we toured a beautiful home and when we opened up the pantry it was stocked with DeBoles gluten free pasta and Koala Crisp!!! I'm sure the realtor thought I was a freak with the way I was carrying on about their food.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Wow, how odd is that? I think you are destined to have that house :) Are you staying in your general area?

The housing in our area is not the greatest, we took have been looking for some time and neither of us are thrilled with what has been out there. Well, there was this nifty house a few months back, it had an open stairwell which was in this open window that spanned the house top to bottom, so when you were coming from level to level you looked out into this beautiful wooded area. I kept picturing it in the winter while snow was falling. It was going for a great price, it would need some minor work but we both liked it.....a another agent came and bought it on the spot....wasn't our day :)

Ursa Major Collaborator

Well, if you'd buy that house, you wouldn't have to worry as much about scrubbing everything to be safe from cc.

jerseyangel Proficient
Well, if you'd buy that house, you wouldn't have to worry as much about scrubbing everything to be safe from cc.

I thought the same thing when I read your post :D

That is a coincidence! Could be an omen....

Lisa Mentor

Maybe....it's one of us :ph34r:

Mom23boys Contributor

Oh how funny!!!

FootballFanatic Contributor

Haha, my boyfriend and I are moving into a new place together May 1, and we are already planning the kitchen scrubdown that will take place. We have some layover time, where we will have both houses so a whole day is going into kitchen deglutening.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darn210 Enthusiast

Angie,

That is a gorgeous baby!!!!

Good Luck with the house hunting!!

loco-ladi Contributor

Well since my house already sold you weren't looking at mine, lol can I sign you up for my next sale tho? lol

Guhlia Rising Star

Unfortunately, there was gluten in the house. The place was immaculate though. I would feel relatively comfortable moving in there without scrubbing like a mad woman. I'd have to rigorously clean, but nothing like I would have to do in any other house. The place was exactly what i want too. I'm just not sure its what hubby wants.

Amanda, you should look at houses outside of lebanon. There are some really pretty areas and its not far from the hospital. E-town is really nice too, though I think its more expensive than Lebanon County.

Offthegrid Explorer

We just bought a house in Slatington, PA. We got a good deal, but the house needs a lot of interior renovation. I don't think the guy cooks much, if ever, but there will be lots of cleaning taking place the day we close on the house (prior to moving day).

sickchick Community Regular

Guhlia that is absolutely hilarious :lol:

cyberprof Enthusiast
Haha, my boyfriend and I are moving into a new place together May 1, and we are already planning the kitchen scrubdown that will take place. We have some layover time, where we will have both houses so a whole day is going into kitchen deglutening.

FF and Guhlia - you should get a face mask - I learned from a bad experience. There are the paper ones - which aren't any good - but I would recommend the ones that look like gas masks. They sell them for use in woodworking or working with dust and fumes.

~Laura

Archived